or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Tight in the news....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tight in the news....

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
This morning's NY Metro (free newspaper).

http://ny.metro.us/metro/entertainme...look/3617.html

NY Times not too long ago. (with pics)

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/04/fa...rssnyt&emc=rss
post #2 of 15
i read it this morning. felt like it was just putting a stereotype on people who wear tighter clothes. might as well make a new article about the stereotypical "bro" with bootcut seven jeans and dress shirts at bars
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstockton858
i read it this morning. felt like it was just putting a stereotype on people who wear tighter clothes. might as well make a new article about the stereotypical "bro" with bootcut seven jeans and dress shirts at bars

I agree with you.

And why "Emo"? Sounds like some sort of cattle doesn't it? LOL
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMak_NYC
This morning's NY Metro (free newspaper).

http://ny.metro.us/metro/entertainme...look/3617.html
This is one of the stupidest (and worst) articles on a trend I've ever read.
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by minya
This is one of the stupidest (and worst) articles on a trend I've ever read.

I really wish I could have the 3 minutes it took me to read that drivel back. Seriously, I would have had more fun staring at a wall.
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
I really wish I could have the 3 minutes it took me to read that drivel back. Seriously, I would have had more fun staring at a wall.

Okay okay fine, I wont read it.
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Okay okay fine, I wont read it.

On the other hand, I have a mighty fine wall over here if you're bored!
post #8 of 15
The wall I'm looking at right now is pretty interesting. I'm trying to figure out where the pattern repeats, so I can get my mind off that stupid "article".
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
The wall I'm looking at right now is pretty interesting. I'm trying to figure out where the pattern repeats, so I can get my mind off that stupid "article".

Mine is just plain white. A vast blankness where you can wash your mind clean of Emo jeans and pathetic excuses for reportage.
post #10 of 15
haha! I read that article and thought to myself "I'm going to post in this thread about what a worthless turd of an article that was."

I am so late.
post #11 of 15
yeah, i never considered that hair as 'spock rock' but rather 'myspace hair'. spock rock seemed more akin to what was happening to hair/fashion in the early '90s in SD.
post #12 of 15
Close fitting clothes cycle in and out of fashion every twenty years or so. Thom Browne is doing it with suits. The limit seems to be that only a small number of men can get away with look.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Close fitting clothes cycle in and out of fashion every twenty years or so. Thom Browne is doing it with suits. The limit seems to be that only a small number of men can get away with look.

I don't know if the limit is if men can get away with it or not.

Look at how many females are out there wearing belly exposing shirts and tight jeans, yet their excess stomach and lovehandles are pouring over. It seems girls don't care and it's an accepted look nowadays. Though I cringe everytime I see it.
post #14 of 15
Haha that was great
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
The wall I'm looking at right now is pretty interesting. I'm trying to figure out where the pattern repeats, so I can get my mind off that stupid "article".

I bet my ceiling is more interesting. I have seen an alien face hidden among its irregularities. But it disappears and reappears every so often. I could really spend minutes looking for it. Infinitely more interesting than reading this stupid article. Time wasted that I could've spent looking for my alien.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Tight in the news....