or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Hmm, I kinda like this polo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hmm, I kinda like this polo

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I know it's not well made or anything, but I really like the stripe combo. Anyone know one that looks like this thats a bit better quality? I know it's not really a big deal anyways, but that AE logo also bothers me a bit.

post #2 of 16
Banana Republic had one with similar colors but more and slimmer stripes little while back. It's pretty nice; I picked it up for $25.
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
I'm thinking I'd like fewer wider stripes. I've been big into that sort of polo lately, kinda like the Le Tigre one I posted earlier. I haven't worn nearly any single color polos lately, or thin stripe ones.
post #4 of 16
I really like that look too - wide stripes that are spaced further apart - especially in this color combo.

Too bad AE insists on putting their logo on everything, because I've seen a few polos, button-up shirts, and wool sweaters I actually would have purchased had it not been for the logo.

I thought of removing it, but since it's embroidered rather than a simple tag it is nearly impossible to remove.
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
I really like that look too - wide stripes that are spaced further apart - especially in this color combo.

Too bad AE insists on putting their logo on everything, because I've seen a few polos, button-up shirts, and wool sweaters I actually would have purchased had it not been for the logo.

I thought of removing it, but since it's embroidered rather than a simple tag it is nearly impossible to remove.

Yeah, I looked at that today, it'd be basically impossible to take out, unless you were a trained tailor...
post #6 of 16
The RL purple labels are simple. No logos, just great polos. Then again, no stripes, colors, nothing.
post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini
The RL purple labels are simple. No logos, just great polos. Then again, no stripes, colors, nothing.

Some of them have horses. I have about ten PL polos, most of them with logos in the lisle (thin mercenized cotton) I have two of the pique ones as well. My lavender PL lisle polo is one of my favorite.
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I know it's not well made or anything, but I really like the stripe combo. Anyone know one that looks like this thats a bit better quality? I know it's not really a big deal anyways, but that AE logo also bothers me a bit.

It is nice, but can't hold a candle to this...








Blows it out of the water. Close to shirt perfection.
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkBack42Clicks
It is nice, but can't hold a candle to this shirt...


http://i15.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/49/50/37_12.JPG


http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/07/6b/40/ca_1.JPG


Blows it out of the water. Close to perfection.

Ha, it takes a big man to admit he owns such a thing. Kudos.
post #10 of 16
I need a spare $500 for one of them badboys...
post #11 of 16
Ohhh what, ohhhh what...

Vintage Versace Baybe...





lol...
post #12 of 16
But seriously, check these...

Something differnent, still polo's...








post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkBack42Clicks

I would wear that in a heartbeat, with zero irony.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin
I would wear that in a heartbeat, with zero irony.

You gotta love Axl Rose. Lived It.
post #15 of 16
nice javelin polo up there. good luck dropping on that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Hmm, I kinda like this polo