or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The official brogue boot style thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official brogue boot style thread. - Page 4

post #46 of 136
These are from Oliver Spencer, do they make their own shoes?
LL
post #47 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by chowchow View Post
trickers are no way close to narrow feet. i normally wear a UK9 and i m more than happy with a UK9 in my trickers

yes. Trickers look large but do not run large (or small). I find they fit very true to size and are quite comfortable from day 1 despite them looking clunky and stiff.
post #48 of 136
+1 for Trickers Stow. I've got them in "espresso" (very dark brown) and they're durable, versatile boots. If you're not in a hurry, you can stalk the Retricker ebay store. They occasionally get runs of Stows and other boots, sometimes even in cordovan, at reasonable prices.
post #49 of 136
^^whats your impression of width with the Stows? Im thinking of getting the espresso myself, but just hope that they arent too narrow for my US EE feet...
post #50 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBobo View Post
^^whats your impression of width with the Stows? Im thinking of getting the espresso myself, but just hope that they arent too narrow for my US EE feet...


http://www.stylecompare.co.uk/footwear/brogue/boots

They have some nice boots on there, I just can't decide
post #51 of 136
I'm a US 9D, and I wear the UK8.5 in standard width (I forget what letter they use). They are pretty wide shoes, especially across the ball of the foot. I always wear thick woolen socks with them. They are definitely the widest "standard" footwear I own, but I would be reluctant to guess how they would fit an unusual size like EE.
post #52 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
I'm a US 9D, and I wear the UK8.5 in standard width (I forget what letter they use). They are pretty wide shoes, especially across the ball of the foot. I always wear thick woolen socks with them. They are definitely the widest "standard" footwear I own, but I would be reluctant to guess how they would fit an unusual size like EE.

whats ee and D and whatever?
SOMEONE HELP ME FIND SOME BOOTS
post #53 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri View Post
whats ee and D and whatever?
SOMEONE HELP ME FIND SOME BOOTS

it indicates the width. usually its

C = narrow
D = medium, normal
E = wide
EE = extra wide

that was the US system. In England its

E = narrow
F = medium
G = wide
post #54 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri View Post
SOMEONE HELP ME FIND SOME BOOTS

Christ, you are annoying. No wonder people were bad mouthing this thread. Did you start this as a general appreciation for the subject at hand, or only as a me, me, me, you must help me find boots for me.

Why don't you just let the thread takes its course and over time you can see what there is in the world of brogue boots? Is that hard?
post #55 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri View Post
whats ee and D and whatever?
SOMEONE HELP ME FIND SOME BOOTS

There are dozens of posts in this thread recommending various models of brogue boots. In my post above, I recommend Trickers Stow and suggest where to buy them at a discount. In a follow-up post, I discuss sizing issues which will help you further refine the search for you and others who share your interest in brogue boots. What additional information, exactly, do you seek?
post #56 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
There are dozens of posts in this thread recommending various models of brogue boots. In my post above, I recommend Trickers Stow and suggest where to buy them at a discount. In a follow-up post, I discuss sizing issues which will help you further refine the search for you and others who share your interest in brogue boots. What additional information, exactly, do you seek?

Well I mean I just dont wan't to take the plunge on a pair of boots and then find other ones i like more. Ideally I'd want a pair of PS boots first (ricards,cordos,athurs) and then something similar in style. I also want to spend the least money possible but not by sacrificing build quality
post #57 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerazzurrri View Post
Well I mean I just dont wan't to take the plunge on a pair of boots and then find other ones i like more. Ideally I'd want a pair of PS boots first (ricards,cordos,athurs) and then something similar in style. I also want to spend the least money possible but not by sacrificing build quality

So you don't want to buy a pair of boots for fear of finding another pair you like?

Just take the plunge and grab the pair you like the best. My vote goes to Trickers if you can afford it. If not try Loake or Grenson, Alden is nice too (again if you can afford it).
post #58 of 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnH123 View Post
Just take the plunge and grab the pair you like the best.


this. different brands have different aesthetics, so depends what you want. Paul Smith will be more sleek and streamlined since they are single sole and have more shaped lasts. Trickers are substantial and bulky looking, good if you want that heavy boot look. Alden are sort of a middle ground, a more sleek last than Trickers but look bulky compared to Paul Smith. I have pairs by all 3 and I dont think I could say one was better than another, just different, and all essential.
post #59 of 136
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart View Post
this. different brands have different aesthetics, so depends what you want. Paul Smith will be more sleek and streamlined since they are single sole and have more shaped lasts. Trickers are substantial and bulky looking, good if you want that heavy boot look. Alden are sort of a middle ground, a more sleek last than Trickers but look bulky compared to Paul Smith. I have pairs by all 3 and I dont think I could say one was better than another, just different, and all essential.

Yea I actually don't want something bulky. I don't want it to look like dr martens because they are pretty big and I'm not a rockabilly dude anyway
post #60 of 136
I have attempted to save this thread. I have also timed out the OP for posting idiotic macro pictures.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The official brogue boot style thread.