At almost twice the price of a normal pair, doesn't seem worth it to me. Plus, I only wear the mids, which they don't have in the 1970s edition.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemConverse All Star Sneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandPro Kedstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemPro-keds Men's Royal Cvo Mcnairy Sneakertagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemPro-keds Men's Royal Plus Hi Sneakertagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** Last post on 1/29/16 at 8:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dsquared2 white 100% leather high-top athletic sneakers, 42.5/9.5 Last post on 2/27/15 at 5:28am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Neil Barrett white 100% leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Hogan grey/blue low-top 100% suede leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Maison Martin Margiela 3-Strap Velcro High Top Black SIZE 45 Last post on 3/30/14 at 12:34pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The definitive SF-approved non-baller sneaker thread - Page 175
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2612 of 26931/23/14 at 4:33pmpost #2613 of 26931/23/14 at 7:08pmpost #2614 of 26931/25/14 at 2:49pmpost #2615 of 26931/25/14 at 2:56pmpost #2616 of 26931/27/14 at 10:33ampost #2617 of 26931/27/14 at 11:29ampost #2618 of 26931/28/14 at 3:58pmpost #2619 of 26931/28/14 at 4:41pmpost #2620 of 26931/30/14 at 8:57amQuote:
For those wondering the price point: $170-195
I like these the most out of your product selection thopost #2621 of 26932/2/14 at 8:19amQuote:
Just got a pair. From what I can tell it definitely feels more durable than a pair of regular chucks. The canvas is thick, the rubber sole is thick and heavy, and the insole feels cushiony, which is more comfortable than the hard, flat insole of regular chucks. Also, the outsole looks yellowish (I like this). With regular chucks, it is bright white until it gets dirty (well, it will get dirty anyway). For some reason, the eyelets also look shinier than regular chucks. All in all, most of them are just small details that most people won't notice anyway. I don't know if it will be a worthy purchase for you, but for now I am quite happy with it.post #2622 of 26932/8/14 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by notthisway
Just got a pair. From what I can tell it definitely feels more durable than a pair of regular chucks. The canvas is thick, the rubber sole is thick and heavy, and the insole feels cushiony, which is more comfortable than the hard, flat insole of regular chucks. Also, the outsole looks yellowish (I like this). With regular chucks, it is bright white until it gets dirty (well, it will get dirty anyway). For some reason, the eyelets also look shinier than regular chucks. All in all, most of them are just small details that most people won't notice anyway. I don't know if it will be a worthy purchase for you, but for now I am quite happy with it.
Thanks. That all sounds good to me. Sounds much like what I remember Chucks being like when i first started wearing them in the 70s. I may have to grab some of these. What color did you get.post #2623 of 26932/8/14 at 8:57ampost #2624 of 26932/8/14 at 10:24amThread Starterpost #2625 of 26932/14/14 at 7:40pm
- The definitive SF-approved non-baller sneaker thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 43 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 57 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › What college did you go/do you go to? 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Galway 11/11.5 uk price reduced 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?