Recent Images In This Thread
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemConverse All Star Sneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandPro Kedstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemPro-keds Men's Royal Cvo Mcnairy Sneakertagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemPro-keds Men's Royal Plus Hi Sneakertagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** Last post on 1/29/16 at 8:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dsquared2 white 100% leather high-top athletic sneakers, 42.5/9.5 Last post on 2/27/15 at 5:28am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Neil Barrett white 100% leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Hogan grey/blue low-top 100% suede leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Maison Martin Margiela 3-Strap Velcro High Top Black SIZE 45 Last post on 3/30/14 at 12:34pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The definitive SF-approved non-baller sneaker thread - Page 155
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2312 of 26937/30/12 at 4:38pmpost #2313 of 26937/30/12 at 9:46pmpost #2314 of 26938/1/12 at 7:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by guest1
What recommendations do you have for a casual shoe with all of the following characteristics? 1--fits a custom orthotic--very important (has a removable insole) 2-casual--something a step up from regular athletic shoes 3-comfortable--good for walking around lots 4--stylish but classic looking--with shorts or jeans 5--somewhat lightweight if possbile, though not the most important characteristic,good for summer 6--less than $100 One I am thinking of is Converse Jack Purcell in leather or canvas. What do you think? Other suggestions?
Svensson plain white sneaks basically fit your criteria. They have removable insoles. A little more than $100 though.Quote:
I got mine from menofilk.com.post #2315 of 26938/2/12 at 9:27ampost #2316 of 26938/2/12 at 10:15amBeen wearing these for a couple of years, they've held up well. Nice materials, leather lined, comes with 2x lace options (including a green pair). Not sure if the maker is still around but they have some nice stuff, including a model called the ellington.
These are the 'Jones' in flint suede. Good for Spring/Fall, bit heavy and dark for summer.post #2317 of 26938/3/12 at 7:45ampost #2318 of 26938/3/12 at 11:09ampost #2319 of 26938/3/12 at 1:09pmQuote:
Cool! I think they were among my first online clothing/shoe purchases - got 'em from *********. Mine freshen up well when you give the suede a good brush and Mr. Clean magic eraser the sole edges - your colourway will probably require less work.
Hope they work out for you as well as they did for mepost #2320 of 26938/3/12 at 1:37pmpost #2321 of 26938/3/12 at 2:20pmpost #2322 of 26938/3/12 at 2:41pmpost #2323 of 26938/5/12 at 9:44am
how do you feel about these? thinking about picking them up.... i've seen a lot of other pics that make the color look lighter than on this page. *********** has them for sale now...post #2324 of 26938/5/12 at 9:56ampost #2325 of 26938/13/12 at 11:40am
- The definitive SF-approved non-baller sneaker thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 56 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Tailor in London for a classic navy three piece wedding suit 4 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 8 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 9 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 12 minutes ago
- › Andres Sendra apprecitation thread 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.