Recent Images In This Thread
- brandConverse All Startagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemConverse All Star Sneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandPro Kedstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemPro-keds Men's Royal Cvo Mcnairy Sneakertagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- itemPro-keds Men's Royal Plus Hi Sneakertagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categorySneakerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
Related Forum Threads
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** Last post on Yesterday at 10:48 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dsquared2 white 100% leather high-top athletic sneakers, 42.5/9.5 Last post on 2/27/15 at 5:28am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Neil Barrett white 100% leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- [SOLD] Hogan grey/blue low-top 100% suede leather athletic sneakers, 42/9 Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:01am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Maison Martin Margiela 3-Strap Velcro High Top Black SIZE 45 Last post on 3/30/14 at 12:34pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The definitive SF-approved non-baller sneaker thread - Page 132
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1967 of 26757/20/11 at 5:20ampost #1968 of 26757/20/11 at 7:22amQuote:
I went with 7.5 on the McNairy Keds and they fit OK ... I was thinking about going with a 7 but that would have been fairly tight width-wise. For reference, I am a 7.5 in most AE, 6.5E in Alden Barrie, 40 in CPs and MMM GATs.
I got my McNairys for $40 from Amazon, and was thinking about buying two pairs in different colors because they looked good on the website and they were cheap, but after trying them in person, I think I wouldn't shell out for more than one pair. They're not as comfortable as my GATs or even my CPs.post #1969 of 26757/20/11 at 12:23pmpost #1970 of 26757/21/11 at 12:53pmQuote:You're weird, and the beer in your avatar is terrible.Quote:So you'd wear one of each? Or would you wear one pair on your hands and the other on your feet?Originally Posted by cyc wid it
Might have to get these to go with my black blazers. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Jeans with massive cuffs, a white t-shirt with some obnoxious multi-color neon graphic, a backpack, and a 59Fifty.Originally Posted by Tharsos
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Would you ever wear these with the tongue down? What with?
And no, I wouldn't wear those ever, regardless of how the tongue was positioned.post #1971 of 26757/21/11 at 1:20pmpost #1972 of 26757/21/11 at 2:35pmI'm not crazy about the teal or the stitching on the sides, and I think the sole on PF Flyers can be a little too thick. Also, I'm not crazy about the way the toebox looks. Mostly, though, I think the tongue thing is kinda silly, and there's no reason to wear something that's specifically designed to feature a detail that you dislike.post #1973 of 26757/21/11 at 2:52pmpost #1974 of 26757/21/11 at 9:42pm
Sorry if this belongs more in the "ultimate noob" thread, but I'm looking to buy a pair of white sneakers and a pair of black sneakers (leaning toward high-tops). After looking through this thread these are what I've come up with. Any thoughts/suggestions/alternatives?
This is what I'm most inclined towards atm. SUS $100Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Doucal's $142Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WESC Clopton $99Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
edit: ^^^that pair of Puma x Undefeated also look nice, but I wonder how much that yellow decal stands out.
Converse All Star Cup $70 I wish these had a little something happening on the sides.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Pro-Keds Royal Plus hi leather $100. Not a fan of the stripe or the blue label, but I like everything else.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ransom x Adidas: Haven't been able to actually find these for sale. They are FW 2010, and I can't tell if they have blue soles (which I don't want) like the image posted earlier in the thread.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There were also a pair of Van OTWs that caught my eye, but I seem to have forgotten the details and I'm not finding them with the search feature.
Edited by Tharsos - 7/22/11 at 8:48pmpost #1975 of 26757/21/11 at 10:41pm^^ I own the first two pairs.
The first GAT look-a-likes are actually pretty decent quality. very comfortable. they run tts, though slightly on the larger side, I'd say. would definitely recommend.
The Doucal's are of mazing quality. pretty comparable to CP's, imo, in both, style and durability. these run slightly larger, but since they dont make half sizes I'd suggest to size down one. I own two pairs now.
Both brands are made in Italy. very happy with their sneaks so far.post #1976 of 26757/21/11 at 10:48pmpost #1977 of 26757/21/11 at 11:31pmpost #1978 of 26757/21/11 at 11:46pmpost #1979 of 26757/22/11 at 12:39am
- The definitive SF-approved non-baller sneaker thread
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 47 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Raw Denim high quality : head is spinning from all the choices. ... 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Dress Denim Size 48 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...