or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The poker tips and bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The poker tips and bragging thread - Page 9

post #121 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughwithm3 View Post
i'm just giving a little advice, because spoo's play was not optimal imo.
i will lose my entire stack there too because hitting trips in a reraised pot is godly, but at least by raising to 30 pf, his call pf with 77 was not a optimal call, since sets only hit 12% of the time, and he will fold to my c-bet alot of the time when anything above 10 comes on the flop regardless if i hit my A or K.

Im not saying it was optimal, but by no means was it a donk move reraising with AK that much (ok, maybe could have been a little more). It was a low stakes game with loose players late at night. Im not throwing it all out unless Im wired.
post #122 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
I agree with you Sho - Ive been playing for the past 18 years, I know the deal. Im by no means the best player in the world, but Ive got more hours at a table than most people do. Not reading some online 'zine or watching WPT reruns

ok... i assume you don't multitable or use poker tracker type software?
if you play alot of online poker, i suggest getting PT, so you can review your plays and stats, and it tells you the detailed stats of players on the table while you are playing, very helpful tool. i guess you could call it a "zine", but aren't you suppose to get any advantage possible as a poker player?
post #123 of 296
number of hands > number of hours
post #124 of 296
Spoo's biggest mistake was preflop, you should just about never miniraise preflop, plus youre buying in with 1/4 of a buyin on a table, dont do that unless youre familiar with shortstacking strategy and even then youre better off just playing full buyins at lower stakes.

The problem is youre not thinking about it long term and thinking about this one situation. When you miniraise preflop you just gave the right odds for just about any 2 hands 2 cvall you. And long term theyll outdraw you on the flop enough times to make this a losing play.

wtf at wanting to get multiple people in the pot oop with ak and with a shorstack.

Just be open to criticism and to learn other aspects of the game, itll improve your play.

I used to post my hands in a poker forum and get slaughtered and thats how i got better.

PLay full buyin, lower stakes, and join a poker forum if youre serious about getting better.
post #125 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
spoo. poker 'players' always talk after the fact. like they know everything. look at hellmuth spouting off everytime he loses a hand. 'he was supposed to fold that hand' . pssht. fucker.


poeple always around the table talk after the hand is over. oh you caught my card. youre suposed to do this or that. i wouldnt play it like that. etc.

pshht. theybe doing the same thing i did if they had the same exact hand and circumstance.

Sho, go post the hand and dont show results on two + two. ALl the repllies youll get will laugh at the miniraise.

Its a fundamental theoretical mistake.
post #126 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan View Post
Spoo's biggest mistake was preflop, you should just about never miniraise preflop, plus youre buying in with 1/4 of a buyin on a table, dont do that unless youre familiar with shortstacking strategy and even then youre better off just playing full buyins at lower stakes.

The problem is youre not thinking about it long term and thinking about this one situation. When you miniraise preflop you just gave the right odds for just about any 2 hands 2 cvall you. And long term theyll outdraw you on the flop enough times to make this a losing play.

wtf at wanting to get multiple people in the pot oop with ak and with a shorstack.

Just be open to criticism and to learn other aspects of the game, itll improve your play.

I used to post my hands in a poker forum and get slaughtered and thats how i got better.

PLay full buyin, lower stakes, and join a poker forum if youre serious about getting better.

Im almost tired of explaining this hand, mistakes or not, but for the 15th time I WAS NOT SHORTSTACKED I had more than 4/10 ppl on the table and came in with more than the minumum suggested buyin.

/discussion of this hand
post #127 of 296
You should post some more hands, this is interesting.

Also, people are using shortstack to describe the absolute size of your stack, (such as less than 30 times the big blind) not your size relative to others. If you were at a 2/4 table where all players had $100, all would be shortstacks in general use of the term, even though they all had the same amount.
post #128 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor View Post
You should post some more hands, this is interesting.

Also, people are using shortstack to describe the absolute size of your stack, (such as less than 30 times the big blind) not your size relative to others. If you were at a 2/4 table where all players had $100, all would be shortstacks in general use of the term, even though they all had the same amount.

THat I understand, but I dont think thats the term they are using by saying shortstack.

Anyhow, maybe later this evening I will set up a table again and see if anyone cares to join - and I will pray I get AK on the button
post #129 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
THat I understand, but I dont think thats the term they are using by saying shortstack. Anyhow, maybe later this evening I will set up a table again and see if anyone cares to join - and I will pray I get AK on the button
Your stack relative to others doesnt matter. Its relative to the blinds. A full buyin would be 100 big blinds usually. The better you are the deeper you want to play usually. Shortstacking is usually used as a way for players either to take shots theyre not properly bankrolled for, or to minimize the difference in skills postflop against better players since usually shortstacks either finish the hand preflop or have a very easy push or fold decision postflop. And btw, if youre praying for AK on the button, buy in deep so you can actually use the positional advantage... Anyway, i thought you wanted other peoples opinion, nevermind.
post #130 of 296
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
/discussion of this hand

Raise 1
post #131 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post
Raise 1

All in
post #132 of 296
Thread Starter 
So when you play online for real scratch how do you fill an online account up? CC?
post #133 of 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post
So when you play online for real scratch how do you fill an online account up? CC?

Direct deposit from your bank acct.
post #134 of 296
So I'm off to my Memorial Day game. It's a house game I've played on and off in and the play style varies a lot. Some people are retarded loose andw ill call anything anywhere, a couple other players are tighter and I think one or two might secretly be good strategic players but it's hard to tell with the mess that goes on. My ultra tight noob style has actually done pretty well before so I'm thinking I just continue playing tight and value betting until at least a couple players are knocked out? I can't make moves on the retarded loose players for obvious reasons but I also don't think I can get away with it on the guys who might actually be decent. Another factor is the game is kind of short stacked, buy in is only 100 bbs.
post #135 of 296
Also I'm the youngest player at the table by like five years at least.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › The poker tips and bragging thread