or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Is The End of Selvedge Near?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is The End of Selvedge Near? - Page 2

post #16 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigden View Post
You guys desperately need hobbies.

how is clothing not a "hobby"
post #17 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncontrol View Post
how is clothing not a "hobby"
I take time choosing my clothes so I look good in them, but I don't consider it a hobby. I consider my cycling, guitar playing, painting, occasional chess playing and digital art to be hobbies. However all a hobby has to be is something you do in your spare time to relax or have fun, so it's a perfectly valid thing to call a hobby. To be honest the jeans look fairly nice, I'm not going to make any comments on how fair the price is cause I haven't tried any in person - but if I got some for free I'd be happy to wear them. It's not like they have A&F written all the way down the leg. The huge logos everywhere has always been why I've disliked A&F, Jack Wills etc.
post #18 of 85
that's a pretty nice wash.
post #19 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simion505 View Post
I take time choosing my clothes so I look good in them, but I don't consider it a hobby. I consider my cycling, guitar playing, painting, occasional chess playing and digital art to be hobbies.

However all a hobby has to be is something you do in your spare time to relax or have fun, so it's a perfectly valid thing to call a hobby.

To be honest the jeans look fairly nice, I'm not going to make any comments on how fair the price is cause I haven't tried any in person - but if I got some for free I'd be happy to wear them. It's not like they have A&F written all the way down the leg. The huge logos everywhere has always been why I've disliked A&F, Jack Wills etc.

Some people come here to look good in clothes and then go on with their lives, but clothes are a point of interest in themselves for many here.
post #20 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by c00kz View Post
Some people come here to look good in clothes and then go on with their lives, but clothes are a point of interest in themselves for many here.

Yeah thats what I'm saying I guess, I don't think of it as a hobby myself - I fall into the first category, while I understand people who fit the second category.

Brigden seemed to think that clothing wasn't a legitimate hobby in itself.
post #21 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simion505 View Post
To be honest the jeans look fairly nice, I'm not going to make any comments on how fair the price is cause I haven't tried any in person - but if I got some for free I'd be happy to wear them. It's not like they have A&F written all the way down the leg. The huge logos everywhere has always been why I've disliked A&F, Jack Wills etc.
Agree. The jeans look nice. No jeans of that type really appeal to me, though. At this point, prewashed prefaded denim is ubiquitous, the Converse high-top of pants, and no similar pair of jeans (selvage or not) is ever going to strike me as particularly cool. At its best, this kind of jean is a null value, something that the eye just glides over on its way from your shirt to your shoes; at its worst this kind of jean is trashy, over-the-top advertisement of a useless lifestyle. I'll put the A&F ones cautiously in the first category.
post #22 of 85
For fake fades, those actually look pretty nice to me. That said, I doubt a pair you'd pick up in the store would look anywhere close to that.
post #23 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by bma View Post
that's a pretty nice wash.

yeah im looking for a pair of washed jeans pretty much exactly like that
post #24 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
Agree. The jeans look nice. No jeans of that type really appeal to me, though. At this point, prewashed prefaded denim is ubiquitous, the Converse high-top of pants, and no similar pair of jeans (selvage or not) is ever going to strike me as particularly cool. At its best, this kind of jean is a null value, something that the eye just glides over on its way from your shirt to your shoes; at its worst this kind of jean is trashy, over-the-top advertisement of a useless lifestyle. I'll put the A&F ones cautiously in the first category.

I might buy it if it went on sale, A&F denim on sale can usually be had for around $49 or so.

Raw denim is all fine and good, but nothing wrong with a prewashed pair here and there (I've been looking for a decent light wash selvage jean for a while, to no avail).
post #25 of 85
cue pic of grotesque ceo
post #26 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot View Post
Agree. The jeans look nice. No jeans of that type really appeal to me, though. At this point, prewashed prefaded denim is ubiquitous, the Converse high-top of pants, and no similar pair of jeans (selvage or not) is ever going to strike me as particularly cool. At its best, this kind of jean is a null value, something that the eye just glides over on its way from your shirt to your shoes; at its worst this kind of jean is trashy, over-the-top advertisement of a useless lifestyle. I'll put the A&F ones cautiously in the first category.

i dunno i think the opposite, unwashed denim is ubiquitous
post #27 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildo View Post
yeah im looking for a pair of washed jeans pretty much exactly like that

+1, if anyone sees a pair on sale in size 30 please kop for me
post #28 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
cue pic of grotesque ceo




sadly I could not find the brilliant willy gif of him cackling
post #29 of 85
Wow, that dude is super busted.
post #30 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiya View Post
Wow, that dude is super busted.

he's got to have some pathologic process going on. there's no way that's normal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Is The End of Selvedge Near?