or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suggestions on Chelsea Boots for $200 shipped Max
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suggestions on Chelsea Boots for $200 shipped Max

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
As the title says. I am looking for some Chelsea Boots in Brown for under $200 shipped. All recomendations welcome. Thanks in advance.

Gene
post #2 of 25
It's a zip side, but I love these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/10292657/c/60.html
post #3 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
It's a zip side, but I love these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/10292657/c/60.html

Thanks I like the look of them. If they were brown I may have to jump on them. Even though I am not a huge fan of Bruno Magli's in general.

Gene
post #4 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali77
As the title says. I am looking for some Chelsea Boots in Brown for under $200 shipped. All recomendations welcome. Thanks in advance.

Gene

the tyrwhitts would be below $200, assuming your size is available. (edit: they're made by loake)

it's worth checking ebay out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Shipton-and-Hene...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trickers-England...QQcmdZViewItem



there should be some Loakes on ebay available for about $200 or so.
post #5 of 25
Magli has brown boots - see:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/9149297/c/6.html

I have a black chelsea from Magli. They're okay, nothing great but nothing bad. The price I paid was very good, though.
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Magli has brown boots - see:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/9149297/c/6.html

I have a black chelsea from Magli. They're okay, nothing great but nothing bad. The price I paid was very good, though.


But those are almost twice what the OP wanted to pay. And look at the toe from the top view. It's way too square and stubby for my liking.
post #7 of 25
Thread Starter 
Novaguy,
I have been searching ebay daily. I am just waiting for something nice to pop up in a 8.5 US. I think I will hold off until I find the right deal. Not convinced on the Magli's. The Loake's on CT are gone in my size. Plus I am not wild about Loake's. I have the Norwich which is decent and another pair of Suede shoes forget the model(which is not so good) compared to my "alton's". I have been looking on Pediwear as well but everything is above what I want to pay right now. I guess the ebay search continues.

Gene
post #8 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
But those are almost twice what the OP wanted to pay. And look at the toe from the top view. It's way too square and stubby for my liking.

yeah. i know. but those are the only brown magli's left on zappos.

i think lurking on ebay is the better call, unless the OP is in a hurry. i just checked tyrwhitt out, and they've been picked clean.

what about shipton? they've got a brown suede jodhpur for $199 - the sandown. shipping and tax will probably be another 10 bucks. slightly over, but close enough. if you like suede.

the grade boots (the lowest quality) start at $199.00
post #9 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
yeah. i know. but those are the only brown magli's left on zappos.

i think lurking on ebay is the better call, unless the OP is in a hurry. i just checked tyrwhitt out, and they've been picked clean.

what about shipton? they've got a brown suede jodhpur for $199 - the sandown. shipping and tax will probably be another 10 bucks. slightly over, but close enough. if you like suede.

the grade boots (the lowest quality) start at $199.00

I do like suede. However I am looking for this boot to be calf. I like the Trickers Lambourne in beechnut. I think I might hold off and save up for that. Unless I find something on Ebay first. I am in no rush.
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali77
Novaguy,
I have been searching ebay daily. I am just waiting for something nice to pop up in a 8.5 US. I think I will hold off until I find the right deal. Not convinced on the Magli's. The Loake's on CT are gone in my size. Plus I am not wild about Loake's. I have the Norwich which is decent and another pair of Suede shoes forget the model(which is not so good) compared to my "alton's". I have been looking on Pediwear as well but everything is above what I want to pay right now. I guess the ebay search continues.

Gene

yeah, 8.5 is gonna be tough. i agree that your best option is to watch ebay and see if anything comes out.
post #11 of 25
RM Williams boots start at $173 (probably excludes shipping), here:

http://www.bootsonline.com.au/default1.htm

At least they're close to your price range and reportedly good quality and comfort.
post #12 of 25
Thread Starter 
Thinman,
Thanks for the link. Shipping was $50 though


Has anyone heard of John White
http://cgi.ebay.com/John-White-Handc...QQcmdZViewItem
post #13 of 25
Man, I really want these:
post #14 of 25
Thread Starter 
I am kind of digging these in blue. I will wait to see if Susan has it in Brown 1st though. Just not sure how much use I would get out of the blue.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...6727%26fvi%3D1
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali77
Thinman,
Thanks for the link. Shipping was $50 though



Yikes!

Here's another source I had bookmarked (but I can't find their shipping cost listed):

http://www.nungar.com.au/shop/index....37.131.252.205
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suggestions on Chelsea Boots for $200 shipped Max