• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That Certain Dri Stuff Works Pretty Well for Perspiration

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge perspire-er (worse than some, better than many), but I do a lot of walking and it's getting warmer. Been applying the roll-on to my underarms and forehead (hard for me to stop the waterworks once it starts up there) and the results have been impressive. It took three nights of applications before I noticed a difference, but then it really did a great job of stopping the drips. If you suffer from the same, give it a try. The name is appropriate - better be certain your pits are completely dry before you roll the stuff on, otherwise it'll sting. Once it starts working, you only need to reapply once every 2-3 nights.

scugger

Reaction score
I agree with this. I have been using Certain Dri since high school. Amazing stuff. Revolutionized mu social life.

airblaster503

Reaction score
I am definitely going to check this out. Does it not wash off in the shower?? and can you pust on a deodorant over this??

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't wash off, but you're still supposed to apply it before bedtime so it can work while you're sleeping. You can apply a deodorant over it the following morning. I just took a 2 hour hike and my pits are Sahara dry.

As mentioned, give it three days to do the magic. Also, the roll-on is better than the stick.

scugger

Reaction score
Yeah, it's pretty awesome being able to go on a long run in the summer and then smell the pits and have it be neutral.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obvious question: isn't that unhealthy to not let your body perspire?
confused.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Obvious question: isn't that unhealthy to not let your body perspire?
confused.gif

Yes. Perspiration cools your body. Abusing this item could lead to heat exhaustion.

scugger

Reaction score
Your body doesn't perspire out of a few square inches under your pits, but it still perspires out of the 99% of the rest of your body. I don't think this would really affect the heat dissipation of your body as a whole.

I am more worried about the continued exposure to the aluminum chloride in the anti-perspirant. Althought I've heard that link to Alzeheimer's, etc, is bunk or at least too inconclusive to really mean anything.

innerstyle

Reaction score
The effects of aluminum chloride in anti-persperants concern me as well. Using it daily for years on end is a lot of chemicals to expose your body to. I use natural deodorants now.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there anything like Certain Dri that only works when you have it on? Ideally, I'd like to be able to work out and sweat like a pig, shower, then walk around without pit stains for the rest of the day. Is there any product that does that? (No, regular anti-perspirant doesn't totally do it for me).

jsqfunk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
and forehead (hard for me to stop the waterworks once it starts up there) and the results have been impressive.

do you apply directly to your forehead and it does not cause some kind of adverse reaction? asking b/c it says to "apply to underarms only"

Captain Winky

Reaction score
I also like one called Odaban. It comes in a little spray bottle. I use it 1-2 times per week.

mcs5280

Reaction score
I used this stuff a few years back. It gave the skin around my armpits a yellowish tone. Being fairly light skinned, it looked like I had a pit tan. It does work for preventing perspiration though.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jsqfunk;3254090 said:
Originally Posted by willpower
and forehead (hard for me to stop the waterworks once it starts up there) and the results have been impressive. /QUOTE] do you apply directly to your forehead and it does not cause some kind of adverse reaction? asking b/c it says to "apply to underarms only"
No adverse reaction at all in my experience with it - I start just below my hairline, one roll across that area and then rub it into my forehead with my fingertips. That keeps it to a minimal application amount and allows me to control exactly where I want the stuff to go - between the hairline and a bit above the eyebrows. The application should be light rather than heavy. It should dry in less than a minute if one applies the correct amount.
Originally Posted by Captain Winky
I also like one called Odaban. It comes in a little spray bottle. I use it 1-2 times per week.
I've heard that one is really good. Not readily available in the US (although I might be wrong about that).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads