or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Operation Paprika
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Operation Paprika - Page 13

post #181 of 347
My father can beat up your father!

Cuisine wise, I think the only country whos cuisine is worthy of unanimous praise is italy (depending on the region).

Also, these are superb:



On average, what I see coming from central europe tends to be superior to whats coming out of the UK. Chiseled lasts can be very attractive, but it's one step closer to jeffery west.
post #182 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
i would love to have a spoo bead. i have to ask spoo, how many beads i get for one paprika...

You like them, teh spoo beads?
post #183 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

He looks like Van Nistelrooy...
post #184 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
also, these are superb:



On average, what I see coming from central europe tends to be superior to whats coming out of the UK. Chiseled lasts can be very attractive, but it's one step closer to jeffery west.

yes, they are

meanwhile, i suspect the average joe on sf neither comprehends my project, nor what makes a good shoe.

just my two cents.
post #185 of 347
I love these! Would wear them in a heartbeat. Too expensive for me though. I can't justify spending upwards of $700 on a pair of shoes just yet. And, upon second look at the thread, the brown ones pictured above start to kind of grow on me. I think they would look great with jeans or chinos.
post #186 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post


I love these! Would wear them in a heartbeat. Too expensive for me though. I can't justify spending upwards of $700 on a pair of shoes just yet.

these are not really "operation paprika" as long as the family brand concept is not realised.

they are from the workshop of mr. georg materna, one of the top names in the shoemaking world.

i just helped him to get a presence on sf. now, we just need an icebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
And, upon second look at the thread, the brown ones pictured above start to kind of grow on me. I think they would look great with jeans or chinos.

if you need more information, we can switch to pm communication.

thank you for your interest.
post #187 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post
He looks like Van Nistelrooy...

I see what you mean. He's our (!) 3-Michelin-star rock 'n' roll chef. (Sorry fritzl, for the derailment.)
post #188 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post
I see what you mean. He's our (!) 3-Michelin-star rock 'n' roll chef. (Sorry fritzl, for the derailment.)

no worries, this topic has developed into a "lifestyle" thread, which i absolutely welcome.

it's in the spirit of the family brand concept: shoes, travelling, food,... all the good things in life.
post #189 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post
how difficult they are to obtain.

post #190 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
You like them, teh spoo beads?

sure, what's the exchange rate?
post #191 of 347
I visited my friend who retired young to become a gentleman farmer. He has a large farm with apple trees, peach trees, and lots of different vegetables (last round of tomatoes just came in). He also has chickens and a cow.

I got to make some wiener schnitzel, and it was quite scrumptious. Nothing like eating some chicken coated in an egg it just made If anyone is interested in making it, I recommend panko bread crumbs (japanese).
post #192 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
yes, they are

meanwhile, i suspect the average joe on sf neither comprehends my project, nor what makes a good shoe.

just my two cents.

Whether "good shoes" or not, and I am no expert, this pair are beautiful, IMHO.
As for the Maternas, a bit pointy for my taste (and feet) but sublime overall.
post #193 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
I visited my friend who retired young to become a gentleman farmer. He has a large farm with apple trees, peach trees, and lots of different vegetables (last round of tomatoes just came in). He also has chickens and a cow.

I got to make some wiener schnitzel, and it was quite scrumptious. Nothing like eating some chicken coated in an egg it just made If anyone is interested in making it, I recommend panko bread crumbs (japanese).

Chicken Wiener Schnitzel?
post #194 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
Whether "good shoes" or not, and I am no expert, this pair are beautiful, IMHO.
As for the Maternas, a bit pointy for my taste (and feet) but sublime overall.

comrade,

you're an expert on your own and you're on file, no worries

the materna's are "my" sf choice. a lot more to come, but unfortunately no interested parties.
post #195 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post
Chicken Wiener Schnitzel?

may I deciphre:

what comes out of this workshops is not dependable on a price ratio.

original wiener schnitzel is made of veal.

it can taste good from pork or turkey.

translated to shoes:

the ingrediensts are of factor, but at the end of day qualiy wins.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Operation Paprika