• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strike Gold Jeans from Japan

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Introducing Strike Gold from Japan

Hailing from Okayama, the denim capital of Japan, Strike Gold is a line created by the Hamamoto brothers with over twenty years of experience in the Japanese denim industry. Bringing simple styles with the utmost attention to detail to their jean line we're very excited to be offering this brand at Self Edge.

We're starting off the collection with two denim styles and two belts.
The SG1101 jean is a straight leg fit with a flattering silhouette for all body types with a medium rise and a classic fit.
The SG1105 jean is a slim leg fit that's got a medium rise and is slim from the top to the bottom but doesn't hug the calf.
The jean has a burly feel to it at first due to the rigid denim that comes in it's loomstate form, after a warm water soak the denim opens up a bit and begins to soften with wear.

This denim from Strike Gold has massive character even when raw with a lot of loom chatter visible from both the warp and weft sides of the denim. Due to the abrasive nature of the denim when raw the jean will age faster than most jeans and yield an extremely high contrast fade with normal wear.

Strike Gold has gone to the extent of getting custom rivets made which have a male part made of iron and a female piece made of copper. The reason for this is that the male piece will begin to rust over time but the female piece will darken and leaf over time giving the wearer a well rounded aging pattern even on the rivets. Crazy for some, essential for others.

Also available is a heavy duty belt in black or tan with a solid brass buckle.

Both the jeans and belts are available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. Check the product pages in our online store for more photographs, full specifications, and size charts:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=86

The Strike Gold SG1101 - Straight Leg
sg_1101_01.jpg

sg_1101_03.jpg

sg_1101_07.jpg

The Strike Gold SG1105 - Slim Leg
sg_1105_01.jpg

sg_1105_05.jpg

The Strike Gold Belts
sg_blackbelt_03.jpg

sg_blackbelt_02.jpg

sg_tanbelt_03.jpg

sg_tanbelt_02.jpg

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many obscure japanese denim labels do we need?
confused.gif

hamish5178

Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
confused.gif

You need more slim-straight 5-pocket jeans, mostly unadorned save for small details (selvage coin pocket, hidden, of course) and BLUE selvage.

madstaxbro

Reaction score
confused.gif

It's good to see the variety of denim to choose from nowadays. Must have been boring after a while having to pick between Lee's, Levi's, and Wranglers back in the day.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

I wish more of them catered towards a modern cut a la dior 19 or 17.5/ande whall raker or grifter/nudie thin finn or grim tim. My eyes just gloss over at the thought of Japanese denim now that I've been to BiG and the only cut that remotely suited me was Somet's skinny fit.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I wish more of them catered towards a modern cut a la dior 19 or 17.5/ande whall raker or grifter/nudie thin finn or grim tim. My eyes just gloss over at the thought of Japanese denim now that I've been to BiG and the only cut that remotely suited me was Somet's skinny fit.

that slim straight is a pretty modern fit, no repros were really cut like that.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
which cut are you wearing? I actually like the arcuates on these a lot too.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
For the jaded crowd (myself included), I actually really like these jeans. The slub of the denim reminds me a bit of PBJ but smoother, ie, without the bumps. The color is similar, too, although these look better constructed than PBJ.

It's just too bad that you can't tell all this from a couple of photos. They're far more impressive in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics