or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Slim fitting dress shirts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Slim fitting dress shirts

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Ok, I know of Pink, Brooks Brothers and CT. What are the other dress shirts that fit slim and retail for $150 or less? It doesn't matter if they are in dept. stores or individual stores, but it would be helpful if they were available online. Any other good suggestions?
post #2 of 14
lands' end and paul fredrick are two online vendors with various slim/trim/tailored/fit fits. no experience with their rtw products.

nordstrom has a store brand line as well - the slimmer fits are supposedly the "tailored" shirts. see:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2900835/...bo=2378122&P=1
post #3 of 14
Borrelli--Only the Borrelli branded ones NeimanMarcus are sack suits(yuck)
Barba
Attolini

All on ebay consistently under 150.
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soph
Borrelli--Only the Borrelli branded ones NeimanMarcus are sack suits(yuck)
Barba
Attolini

All on ebay consistently under 150.

I prefer a retail store/website. Who has these?
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
I prefer a retail store/website. Who has these?

shopthefinest.com

And all 3 are immensely better with materials, construction and style, than Brooks, Pink and CT There are even more
Finamore, Anna M., Truzzi
post #6 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
Ok, I know of Pink, Brooks Brothers and CT. What are the other dress shirts that fit slim and retail for $150 or less? It doesn't matter if they are in dept. stores or individual stores, but it would be helpful if they were available online. Any other good suggestions?

http://www.fourinhand.com/catalog.asp?SearchString=fhes
post #7 of 14
Banana Republic and RL Polo should have slim fits at under $150.
post #8 of 14
I'm fairly fond of the Boss red label (Hugo) shirts, and they should be in that price range. They have a 40% off sale at their boutique at the moment. Construction won't be quite as good as Borrelli, Barba or Attolini, but they are a pretty nice cut and look good for going out etc. They should be quite a bit slimmer fitting than RL or BR and nicer quality too. The Express 1MX shirts are very slim fit, quality isn't very good but you can buy them for $10-20 or so and they come in a number of different colors.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Banana Republic and RL Polo should have slim fits at under $150.


I'm not a huge fan of BR ones for dress. Bluefly had some good deals on RL Polo Custom Fit shirts in fairly basic but nice colors. Here is my only question about buying them: many of them, despite having straight collars with stays and measured neck sizes, are listed as sport shirts. I'm not sure what (besides Bluefly's designation) makes them such, but nothing looks worrse than someone trying to dress up a true sport shirt with a suit and tie. Take a look at their offerings, and tell me if there is anything that makes them different than a regular dress shirt. If not, $50 for those seems good, as I always really like Polo material, regardless of construction (decent) or ubiquity (beyond belief).
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
I'm not a huge fan of BR ones for dress. Bluefly had some good deals on RL Polo Custom Fit shirts in fairly basic but nice colors. Here is my only question about buying them: many of them, despite having straight collars with stays and measured neck sizes, are listed as sport shirts. I'm not sure what (besides Bluefly's designation) makes them such, but nothing looks worrse than someone trying to dress up a true sport shirt with a suit and tie. Take a look at their offerings, and tell me if there is anything that makes them different than a regular dress shirt. If not, $50 for those seems good, as I always really like Polo material, regardless of construction (decent) or ubiquity (beyond belief).
This one is listed as a dress shirt. I haven't found them to be cut very slim though, even in the custom fit. They are acceptable but the cut is still a bit generous imho. http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...&Nu=Product+ID BTW I believe the boss red label shirts are $85 at the boutique at the moment for the spring/summer stuff. When I stopped by the store today they had nearly everything in stock at least at the SCP boutique.
post #11 of 14
Thread Starter 
The shirts don't have to be super tight, they will be worn to a relatively conservative office with a suit and tie. I liked the Polo ones a bit because they have a bit of that English style to them, which is what I go for in my dress clothes. I've tried Custom Fits before, and though I'd never wear one out with jeans, I think tucked in they'd work pretty well. I just couldn't tell if they were labeled sport shirts because they were too casual for what I wanted.
post #12 of 14
edit
post #13 of 14
I heartily recommend FIH's slim fit shirts. I've also become a big fan of Seize sur Vingt/Troglodyte Homonculus, which are the slimmest non-fashion shirts I own.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
I was looking on STP, how do Dunhill shirts fit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Slim fitting dress shirts