or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Supermodels -- Who's the hottest?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Supermodels -- Who's the hottest? - Page 13

post #181 of 408
Can't we all just agree that Kim Kardashian is fucking HOT?
post #182 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
I'm purposely laying low on this one!

But I will add one thing... I agree with the point that if you do intend to get married, and your bride-to-be is in her early twenties, then you would be very wise to marry a RAIL-THIN girl -- say, 5'7" -5'9", size 0, 2 or 4 dress, 115-120 lbs., because then over the next decade, she will blossom into a perfectly curvy and luscious size 6 or 8, 130-135lbs, 34"-24"-36". In other words, at first you might think she's too skinny, but by the time she hits her thirties, she will have filled out perfectly...

when she fills out, it'll be closer to 31-34-31 than that imaginary figure you propose. skinny chicks pack it around the waste, kimosabe. you're going to be very, very disappointed.

and if the goal is to get the "luscious" girl, then you obviously value "lusciousness" more than "thinness", and are only putting up with the latter in order to get the former - ie, your reasoning is hardly a ringing endorsement for skinny chicks.
post #183 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsky View Post
catherine d was wrong. at some point, both the face and the ass will sag. and at that point, i chose neither. . . .
yes and no. some principles of beauty are universal. others are specific to individual cultures and members.

I agree with a majority of your points except these two: Catherine was right, you can only serve one master, not both. And if you choose neither, let me know how you manage to keep dating 20 somethings for the rest of your life. The very rare woman (person) avoids this fate, and it has as much to do with genetics as anything.

And there are no universal principles of beauty, only agreed upon points of divergence.

But seriously, let me know how that dating thing works out. I'm an old married guy, so I have to live vicariously through others.
post #184 of 408
This thread is even dumber than the "true Asian beauty" thread, and that's saying something.
post #185 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonglover View Post


That's the stuff right there.

according to wiki, "she was ranked #42 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2002". so more than a few guys think she's more than "half-way decent looking".

oh, and next time you post a picture as a counter-example, don't leave out the body since that is the point, isn't it?

Quote:
Anyway, the assumption that the aforementioned girls don't have curves is obviously wrong as the glut of them are swimsuit and lingerie models. They don't put twigs in underwear.

no? what do you call this?



Quote:
I think your argument would carry a lot more weight (like your women, har!) if you weren't so abrasive about it.

style isn't lingerie: you don't change it to satisfy someone else's fancy.

and we're talking about personal preferences, so no "argument" is going to change what someone likes. i'm just making the point that not all men agree with these chaps that supermodels are the most desirable women.

Quote:
Coming into a thread attacking what are generally seen as the most beautiful women in the world (hence, "super-model") and stating that they all look like little boys (implying some perversity in being attracted to these women) is going a little overboard in my mind.

that's your opinion. mine is that there's no point challenging a position if it isn't perceived as popular. then you're just preaching to the converted. and i ain't into luv-fests.

as for the little boys, in my defense i will say that i said "little boys with bad hips". if you'd rather think of them as little girls, then be my guest. either way, they don't have the same curves that most women have, and that most men desire.

Quote:
I'd rather have a girl with a little meat on her than a bony girl any day, but I think it's obvious the average swimsuit model doesn't fit the "bony girl" description.

but to say that someone doesn't look like a girl doesn't mean that she looks like a woman, any more than saying that someone is not poor means that he's rich.

i, and i believe many men around the world, prefer generous curves. these models only leave me wanting more.
post #186 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Can't we all just agree that Kim Kardashian is fucking HOT?


you won't get an argument from me. but there are some - like iammatt and slim - who actually think she's fat!!! and what does that make the 99% of women who are bigger than her??? sheesh!
post #187 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by life_interrupts View Post
I agree with a majority of your points except these two: Catherine was right, you can only serve one master, not both.

no, she was wrong. every woman loses her looks eventually, even the most beautiful. cathy d was just deluding herself that she had cheated time (a woman is always the last to know that she doesn't have it any more; and you wouldn't believe how long it takes many of them to realize this!).

Quote:
And if you choose neither, let me know how you manage to keep dating 20 somethings for the rest of your life.

i'll cross that bridge when i get there.

Quote:
And there are no universal principles of beauty, only agreed upon points of divergence.

well, then we'll have to diverge here because i believe there are. again, physical attraction is largely determined by biology, and biology in turn is determined by our genes. and there ain't nothing you or i can do to change what our genes tell us we are. biology is fate.
post #188 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsky View Post
when she fills out, it'll be closer to 31-34-31 than that imaginary figure you propose. skinny chicks pack it around the waste, kimosabe. you're going to be very, very disappointed.

and if the goal is to get the "luscious" girl, then you obviously value "lusciousness" more than "thinness", and are only putting up with the latter in order to get the former - ie, your reasoning is hardly a ringing endorsement for skinny chicks.

True, true... I'm not particularly attracted to skinny women... but if I were thinking about getting married, I'd take my own advice and marry someone super thin... because inevitably people put on weight from their early twenties to their early thirties... so if I were thinking about getting married, I'd put up with a super-skinny girl because ten years down the road, and after children, she'll be even hotter than when she was a gangly twenty-two year-old. (Fortunately as a bachelor, I can date women at their physical peak...)

And I should clarify that in my example I was referring only to Asian women... (since in my world they are the only ones that matter - specifically East Asian - Korean or Japanese) -- and while every woman is different, and will put on weight differently, it's safe to say that a super-thin, tall Asian woman in her twenties will mature into a tall, lusciously curvaceous thirty-something year-old. Furthermore, chances are that she will keep her figure even after childbirth, filling-out in all the right places (i.e., 34-24-36).
post #189 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsky View Post
according to wiki, "she was ranked #42 on the Maxim Hot 100 Women of 2002". so more than a few guys think she's more than "half-way decent looking".

oh, and next time you post a picture as a counter-example, don't leave out the body since that is the point, isn't it?



no? what do you call this?





style isn't lingerie: you don't change it to satisfy someone else's fancy.

and we're talking about personal preferences, so no "argument" is going to change what someone likes. i'm just making the point that not all men agree with these chaps that supermodels are the most desirable women.



that's your opinion. mine is that there's no point challenging a position if it isn't perceived as popular. then you're just preaching to the converted. and i ain't into luv-fests.

as for the little boys, in my defense i will say that i said "little boys with bad hips". if you'd rather think of them as little girls, then be my guest. either way, they don't have the same curves that most women have, and that most men desire.



but to say that someone doesn't look like a girl doesn't mean that she looks like a woman, any more than saying that someone is not poor means that he's rich.

i, and i believe many men around the world, prefer generous curves. these models only leave me wanting more.

Dear God...
post #190 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
^^^Kim K. looks disgusting from behind and the tummy isn't doing her any favors either. Her face is alright, but nothing about which to right home.

kim k has a very shapely and muscular ass, the result perhaps of being related to bruce jenner, a great athlete. many guys find it insanely sexy. just ask reggie bush if he likes da butt.

her tummy is not flat as a table, but it isn't fat, either. it has that sexy, womanly "pout", which i find infinitely more attractive than a flat tummy since you only see this on women, whereas the flat tummy is common among men.

and the face? i like it. it's exotic, and there's a vulnerability in her eyes when she is posing before a large crowd that is very endearing.

Quote:
I am not buying this "a girl has to have meat" argument when applied to men at large.

well, then you'll have to explain why so many cultures seem to prefer curvy women. like i said, black guys, latin guys, arab guys, and many white and asian guys. just check out bet, unavision, bollywood, belly dancing, etc.

Quote:
You seem like you are a chubby chaser, and that is fine. I don't know if that comes from it being what you like or what you have had, but it doesn't really matter much. You like girls who are abnormally large.

oh really?! go back and see my list of curvy women. except for maybe j lo and dolly parton, who on that list is "abnormally large"? were ingred bergman and sophia loren "abnormally large"? was racquel welch or gene tierney "chubby"? is shania twain or beyonce "fat"?

you're not going to get away so easy by sloughing this off as some peculiar personal predilection. many, many men all over the world have lusted after the women on that list.

are they all "chubby chasers"? or do they just naturally prefer curvy women?

and if the model/sm look is really the natural preference of men, as you maintain, then why hasn't millions of years of evolution selected for this? why aren't we surrounded by supermodels? why, pray tell, are they so rare and unique?
post #191 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerikajinda View Post
it's safe to say that a super-thin, tall Asian woman in her twenties will mature into a tall, lusciously curvaceous thirty-something year-old. Furthermore, chances are that she will keep her figure even after childbirth, filling-out in all the right places (i.e., 34-24-36).

At the risk of sounding kind of racist, the only way a "super-thin, tall Asian woman in her twenties" is going to mature into a 34-24-36 figure is with the aid of a boob job. Same would hold true for most women of any race. If they ain't got the knockers by the time they're in their late teens, they've got to be bought.
post #192 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsky View Post
kim k has a very shapely and muscular ass, the result perhaps of being related to bruce jenner, a great athlete. many guys find it insanely sexy. just ask reggie bush if he likes da butt.

Just the fact that you think a person acquires genetic characteristics from her stepfather is enough to tell me about your ability to make sense and argue. You have fun with the teletubbies now.
post #193 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Just the fact that you think a person acquires genetic characteristics from her stepfather is enough to tell me about your ability to make sense and argue. You have fun with the teletubbies now.
Quoted for posterity.
post #194 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBZ View Post
This thread is even dumber than the "true Asian beauty" thread, and that's saying something.

have you got a link to that thread?
post #195 of 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post
Just the fact that you think a person acquires genetic characteristics from her stepfather is enough to tell me about your ability to make sense and argue. You have fun with the teletubbies now.

then i stand corrected. like i said, i only first heard of kim k a few days ago and wasn't sure about her relationship to jenner. hence the qualifier, "perhaps".

but nice try evading my points - yet again.

wanna try one more time? or are you ready to concede?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Supermodels -- Who's the hottest?