• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What color, interior, trim combo to go with on 11' 335i coupe

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After lots of consideration, I have decided to go with the 2011 335i x-drive coupe for my next car. For options going with:

Cold Weather Package$600
M Sport Package$3,000
Premium Package$2,650
STEPTRONIC automatic transmission$1,375
Navigation system$2,100
Harman Kardon surround sound system$875

I am also going to be utilizing the 'EuroDelivery method' which the salesperson completley talked me into, but also from researching the option it seems like a great experience and deal (you save quite a bit of $$$ even taking into account the travle costs, plus its buy one ticket get on free round trip).

Price for the eurodelivery with the model I selected is $41k (plus options of course, which the sales guy said would be invoice cost), it also includes:
European Delivery price includes:

•14 days of free, road insurance
•Tourist registration
•Factory preparation
•European inland transportation from the drop-off point to the nearest port
•Marine insurance
•Customs duty and clearance
•U.S. port processing and accessory installation
•Wharf and handling fees

Besides all the that I am having trouble deciding on a color scheme, since I am doing the M package, all colors are open to me (I think) including the Lemans Blue.

For exterior I am considering: Vermilion Red, Le Mans Blue, Space Gray, and maybe Black Sapphire.

Interior: Saddle Brown (really leaning toward this); or Black or maybe Gray Dakota.

Trim: I have no idea, actually considering Dark Glacier Aluminum instead of wood, as seen here with the saddle leather: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...brown+aluminum

opinions?

also here is the 'build your own link' to view the color combos: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...T6ll5e7fhOQFs=

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
blue
saddle brown
aluminum

or

red
black
aluminum

I also think white with saddle looks very nice, but I cant get over how feminine the white version looks (imo)

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can't stand white cars unless it's a range rover. red is borderline girly and also catches the cops' eyes. i'd do blue or black if i were you. FWIW i don't like BMW wood trim and the aluminum looks dope.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like silver, black, or blue. I'm not a fan of white or red. You've selected a good set of options for the car.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I always liked white, red leather and aluminum

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually think the space gray with the M-package and saddle/aluminum would look nice... its a darker grey metallic. I think this is it:

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely brown interior. Black or Grey is just too stale boring. Brown feels more lush and warm.

Red interior is even nicer, with the lighter standard aluminum trim I think would be hot. Dark Glacier Aluminum would be nice.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I recently saw the red interior with black ext. and didnt really like it, the red kinda felt to flashy, almost looked cheap to me...

I agree though I think regardless of whatever color I go for outside (or trim) I am going to do the saddle brown.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
are you allowed to do Individual colors? Malachit Grun and Calypso Rot are the **** dreams are made of, doggie. Get saddle brown and wood of some sort, aluminum and the 'cube' trim looks cheap. Light wood is comtemporary for our time. It's not a car intended to be a classic down to every detail and it's not an M3 on a weight program, so enjoy a mix of motor/mild lux.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just sold my 335 on Wednesday, but it was black sapphire metallic with saddle brown leather and aluminum trim. I ordered these colors specifically and its still my favorite combo, although I dont know what options are available today as I ordered mine in '06.
6bda1820.jpg
dce68c99.jpg
d485e559.jpg

sjd

Reaction score
I would go for the red exterior with the saddle brown and the aluminum trim.

Girardian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Space gray metallic;
coral red/ black Dakota leather;
dark glacier aluminum (or dark burl).

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks the blue with brown interior looks a little funky with the aluminum trim? I think it would look much cleaner with a wood trim that would actually compliment the leather instead of stick out like a sore thumb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads