or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Crazy jeans...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crazy jeans...

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hi guys, I have a really weird situation with my jeans. I have a few pairs that have a crease down the front and I have noticed that with every single one, the crease/line on my right leg is crooked, it goes towards the inner leg, towards the left . It drives me absolutely crazy as it ruins the look of the jeans. Is it my jeans or my body, I just don't get it. Anyone knwo anything?? thanks!
post #2 of 12
Without a picture, it's hard to say exactly what is happening, or how much. In general, though, people are not symmetrical or geometrically perfect, and very few things will fit "straight up and down" on anyone. If you could post pics I'm sure you could get a better analysis. Welcome, by the way.
post #3 of 12
Wow, that is a strange problem. I just have no idea what you are talking about. A crease from ironing jeans? Is that it? Baffling. Please expound.
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangerine
Without a picture, it's hard to say exactly what is happening, or how much.

In general, though, people are not symmetrical or geometrically perfect, and very few things will fit "straight up and down" on anyone.

If you could post pics I'm sure you could get a better analysis.

Welcome, by the way.


thank you!

I'm at work so I can't provide pics, but I can take care of that later. But just to give you an idea imagine someone wearing jeans with one line down each leg. Then the person starts walking and one line stays straight down the leg, whereas on the other leg, the line, instead of staying straight, moves alll the way to the left. So now, the crease/line that is supposed to be going straight down your leg is almost where the inner pant line is supposed to be whereas your outer right jean line has moved almost where the front crease should be. Or imagine someone taking the entire lower pant leg and twisting it towards the inner legs. I hope this helps
post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
Wow, that is a strange problem. I just have no idea what you are talking about. A crease from ironing jeans? Is that it? Baffling.

Please expound.


I don't iron my jeans but I have a few pairs that have a straight line down the front on them. But yes, if I were to iron my jeans that would be the front crease I am talking about. Gosh, I'm confusing myself now
post #6 of 12
A kneecap turned inward or outward, maybe?
post #7 of 12
i believe you are referring to the natural twist of the leg tube due to the twists of the cotton fibers relaxing through wear. sounds like you have left hand twill? my left leg outer seams always twists to the front on my right hand twill levis.

this phenomenon, which was once thought of as a defect, is actually now considered a beautiful feature to denim heads.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbucu
i believe you are referring to the natural twist of the leg tube due to the twists of the cotton fibers relaxing through wear. sounds like you have left hand twill? my left leg outer seams always twists to the front on my right hand twill levis.

this phenomenon, which was once thought of as a defect, is actually now considered a beautiful feature to denim heads.

Ditto.
post #9 of 12
both legs should hang straight. this is commonly caused by one of three things. 1.the twisted leg was not cut on the straightgrain of the denim, a cutting room mistake. 2. the denim was twisted when spread on the cutting table. 3. when the seam is sewn one side of the seam is allowed to slip, allowing the seam to twisttward the short side of the seam. this is the most common cause. are the offending jeans are all of the same make? if this does not happen with all jeans you own then it is a flaw.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by a tailor
both legs should hang straight. this is commonly caused by one of three things. 1.the twisted leg was not cut on the straightgrain of the denim, a cutting room mistake. 2. the denim was twisted when spread on the cutting table. 3. when the seam is sewn one side of the seam is allowed to slip, allowing the seam to twisttward the short side of the seam. this is the most common cause. are the offending jeans are all of the same make? if this does not happen with all jeans you own then it is a flaw.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbucu
i believe you are referring to the natural twist of the leg tube due to the twists of the cotton fibers relaxing through wear. sounds like you have left hand twill? my left leg outer seams always twists to the front on my right hand twill levis.

this phenomenon, which was once thought of as a defect, is actually now considered a beautiful feature to denim heads.


i agree with the latter.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by a tailor
both legs should hang straight. this is commonly caused by one of three things. 1.the twisted leg was not cut on the straightgrain of the denim, a cutting room mistake. 2. the denim was twisted when spread on the cutting table. 3. when the seam is sewn one side of the seam is allowed to slip, allowing the seam to twisttward the short side of the seam. this is the most common cause. are the offending jeans are all of the same make? if this does not happen with all jeans you own then it is a flaw.

no, the leg twist we are discussing is caused by the shrinking of non-Sanforized denim. as the denim shrinks (approx. 10% usually) it twists in the direction of the twill. modern jeans usually are made of Sanforized denim or pre-skewed to prevent this, but jeans made in the way of old levis will have this twist. it is not a flaw but a characteristic of the shrink to fit denim used mainly by the Japanese(and other reproduction companies)
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by a tailor
both legs should hang straight. this is commonly caused by one of three things. 1.the twisted leg was not cut on the straightgrain of the denim, a cutting room mistake. 2. the denim was twisted when spread on the cutting table. 3. when the seam is sewn one side of the seam is allowed to slip, allowing the seam to twisttward the short side of the seam. this is the most common cause. are the offending jeans are all of the same make? if this does not happen with all jeans you own then it is a flaw.

basically, what cheap mofo said.

unsanforized vintage repro jeans don't follow the same rules, mr. tailor. vintage reproduction brands mimick the "leg twist" that happens when denim shrinks. because of the directional weave, a right hand twill will pull to the right, bringing the outer seam on the left leg towards the center. this is done on purpose to reproduce the look of vintage jeans. now, on unsanforized jeans like the present-day STF, this is corrected so leg twist will not happen.

i think the person who started thread is talking about something else. maybe the way he folds his jeans is creating a crease?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Crazy jeans...