or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Project Runway 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Project Runway 3 - Page 2

post #16 of 139
All I want is a retroactive Santino Rice victory. Since he actually deserved to win last season.
post #17 of 139
so what ever happened to the participants in the 1st 2 seasons? have they moved on to better things?
post #18 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawson808
The second episode saw a guy get kicked off, Milan, who really should have stayed I think. That woman that they let through is useless.

Anyone? Anyone?

bob

I only saw the second eps. That ending really sucked. I thought Milan was a pretty cool guy from what I saw, and that thing about his mother made him feel like an underdog.

I cant stand Kayne. He's too flamboyant. Looks like he had some bad work done around his eyes.
post #19 of 139
IMDB.com uncovered the mysterious controversy of season 3. Its on their news page.
post #20 of 139
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticShowcase
IMDB.com uncovered the mysterious controversy of season 3. Its on their news page.

Please no spoiler. Is it coming up in the next episode?

bob
post #21 of 139
that IMDb news isn't really news - it's something that came up on television without pity last week and hasn't been confirmed - obviously because the drama dragging on is good for the show. i do like his design but interested to see how the whole thing unfolds. keith also posted a response to the whole thing on blogging project runway.
post #22 of 139
Thread Starter 
Okay, so after seeing the third one... Keith is really really arrogant. Laura, the Bad-Mommy, is a one-trick pony. Everything she makes is the same. Big fur color, sleek. Yeah it's pretty, but let's do something different now. Boring. Angela is useless and that thing she made last night should have had her out of the competition. It was utter crap. This is clearly the producers making sure there is drama. Katherine's dress wasn't great, but it was better. Should have had a hoodie-shrug like Tim said. I was shocked that Bradley made it through--and was really complimented to boot. And the blondie should have won. Her's was clearly the best, Uli's was nice, I guess (great fabric), but not near the looks of Alison's. In the end...those dogs were awesome! bob
post #23 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Okay, so after seeing the third one... Keith is really really arrogant. Laura, the Bad-Mommy, is a one-trick pony. Everything she makes is the same. Big fur color, sleek. Yeah it's pretty, but let's do something different now. Boring. Angela is useless and that thing she made last night should have had her out of the competition. It was utter crap. This is clearly the producers making sure there is drama. Katherine's dress wasn't great, but it was better. Should have had a hoodie-shrug like Tim said. I was shocked that Bradley made it through--and was really complimented to boot. And the blondie should have won. Her's was clearly the best, Uli's was nice, I guess (great fabric), but not near the looks of Alison's. In the end...those dogs were awesome! bob
I thought the challenge was interesting to say the least. I thought heroin was the hottest fashion accessory, at least in the 90s anyway. I thought in the beginning, Laura was about to kill her dog because it kept walking over her sketches, which I thought was the moment where someone got kicked off for killing someone else's dog. Alison should have won. Her style and taste is excellent unlike Angela who should have been "auf'd". Her outfit did not reflect her story, of a Paris art camp director for kids of ages 6-12. Yeah, if Tara Reid was the art director. Vincent is just insane. He's the kind of guy you wonder if he really acts like that or if he has a mental problem. Keith is a jerk. He is Santino Rice minus the homeless hair and the crazy embellishment addiction. And next week, the big controversial, hot button, oh-my-god-and-oh-no-they-didn't moment of the season.
post #24 of 139
That Malan was the only one who had any semblance of elegance in his work; otherwise, all the designers have an amateurish streak about them. That Miss USA gown was as clear-cut a facsimile of a Galliano for Dior as anything can get. It made Nicolas Ghesquiere's "adaption" of Kaisik Wong look original.
post #25 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That Malan was the only one who had any semblance of elegance in his work; otherwise, all the designers have an amateurish streak about them.
You mean Dracula? Malan seemed stuck up to me, but it seems like everyone was rooting for him.
post #26 of 139
Recap of what happened last night. The challenge: To design a three-piece garment for I.N.C. International Concepts for Macys. The challenge required the designers to be put into four groups of three. The so called shocker of the episode was... ***SPOILER*** Keith had design and fashion how-to books stashed away. Kayne caught him, told the producers, Tim Gunn personally kicked Keith off the show. ***End Spoiler*** Angela (a team leader) made a comeback as her garment with Michael and Laura won. They actually got the elimination part right this time. Next week, design a garment for a style icon.
post #27 of 139
Thread Starter 
I saw most of it and am currently watching the whole thing right now.

Yes, Keith cheated plain and simple. And he earned what he got. That said, he is very good and it was sad to see him do it. As an aside, I'm also suspicious of how much such "cheating" can help. If you don't know how to stitch something that book might have directions but you have to spend your time looking it up and learning the technique (one of the books was on technique, I believe). Just an example. But he cheated, no ifs, ands, or buts.

Anyway, that was all terribly anti-climatic. I thought it would be something really bad like sabotaging someone else's work.

I didn't see the actual outfits so I'm waiting to see them now. I thought Bonnie was kind of weak, so maybe this was the right choice.

bob
post #28 of 139
It is just a matter of time until scruffy weird guy (Bradley) gets it. I give him two episodes, tops.
post #29 of 139
Angela is def still on the chopping block. She got lucky this was a team effort and I think her technically proficient teammates got her thru this one. I'm sure everyone was shocked she won the challenge.

Keith....originally I thought he was gonna get the boot for copying runway styles for his sketches that got him on the show in the first place. F'ing idiot, he deserved to get the boot, and probably would have been final 4 otherwise.

Anyone else think that platinum blond gal from NY is really cute?!
post #30 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Anyone else think that platinum blond gal from NY is really cute?!

Yes.

I'm not sure on Angela, just because everyone seems to love to hate her, and that makes for good television. So far, she's one of the only "personalities", so I'm interested to see how long they keep her around for.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Project Runway 3