• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gilt users: beware.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I ordered something last Wednesday, May 5th. The item had an arrival date of May 12th-14th. Gilt is on the East coast; I am in CA. I called Gilt yesterday, May 10th asking why my item wasn't shipped, and was told it was shipping that day. It didn't ship. I called today and got the same answer, along with a spiel about how Gilt UPS Ground shipping takes 3 days to get to CA, and I should get it Friday. No, Gilt, it doesn't. UPS 3-Day takes 3 days... UPS Ground takes one full week (I have been told this lie a few times by them). At best, the item will ship tomorrow, the 12th, to be here on the 19th - two full weeks after I ordered it. I asked about their $40 overnight option, and if it would be possible to switch the item to that option, and that was a no go because "the order has already been processed." Unbelievable.

Buyer beware with them. I used to be a fan...

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Internet users: beware

Sometimes buying clothes online you don't receive the items as early as projected. This goes for ebay, webstores or forum purchases. Unbelievable

Buyer beware with internet shopping. I used to be a fan...

Thanks for trolling 100% of my posts. You are a huge ******.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Seriously, it sucks and isn't fair and all but this has never happened to you before with internet shopping? Hell, i bought some flats for my gf on ebay that i hoped to have before she left on her vacation. Won the auction saturday night, didn't hear anything for a few days so emailed asking what the deal was wednesday. Still didn't hear anything till the next sunday so like 7 full days but they shipped and it was cool. I'd rather the seller respond immediately and ship the next day but understand that doesn't always happen. I've been told priority shipping and got flat rate before as well. Just let that **** brush off

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moo you are a terrible human being

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Seriously, it sucks and isn't fair and all but this has never happened to you before with internet shopping? Hell, i bought some flats for my gf on ebay that i hoped to have before she left on her vacation. Won the auction saturday night, didn't hear anything for a few days so emailed asking what the deal was wednesday. Still didn't hear anything till the next sunday so like 7 full days but they shipped and it was cool. I'd rather the seller respond immediately and ship the next day but understand that doesn't always happen. I've been told priority shipping and got flat rate before as well. Just let that **** brush off

It's just marsupialed that they can't change my shipping when the item isn't even packed yet. I'll pay the difference - just ship my item! Why even have the shipping timeframe? Frustrating. I think eBay is a little different... there it's some person - here it's a big company.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Moo you are a terrible human being

Razele you post this every time I post. Is it because I made that joke about you taking your hands off the cocks long enough to post something?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Counterpoint: Gilt has had some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with, and has always gotten me the items before the estimated delivery date

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Counterpoint: Gilt has had some of the best customer service I've ever dealt with, and has always gotten me the items before the estimated delivery date

OH OK.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Well, it's a big company with robot processing machines and weird **** that was in that video clip someone linked. It's not just a tiny store like farinellis doing the orders by hand. It's probably not as easy as you'd hope, not to mention that i'm sure most the people at customer support don't really know **** about the warehouse and are told responses to give to people who contact them. Like most businesses. I figured a risk management superstar would've figured out the the risk of problems and possibilities of online clothing processing for a huge clothing retailer with thousands of orders a day and a lot of clothes being sold that aren't in stock, for a web retailer that has had shipping problems in the past, sometimes having shipping delays going across the country.

But still, with my ebay example, i could've made a big fuss about it and gotten angry and left negative or neutral feedback for lack of contact for a week and all that but it wasn't a big deal. Annoying yes, but things got resolved. If i never got a response i just would've quietly gone through the ebay process of getting my money back.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Priority is flat rate
smile.gif
Would be douchey to send an item First Class after saying (and possibly having the buyer pay for) you were going to ship Priority.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The only thing that's frustrating is that Gilt claims to be a "purveyor of luxury goods," and has an air of smug self-satisfaction that one would assume would lead to an avoidance of the problems that plague eBay and other sites - which I have been victim to. I was one of the people who purchased a pair of Supergas from their sale several months ago - not a huge purchase by any means, but after waiting and waiting, and being unsure as to whether my 40$ was going to be automatically drawn from my account randomly, or whether I would have to find a pair of summer shooz somewhere else, I got a little annoyed. I guess I scored 25$ in Gilt credits (hooray?) when they completely failed to ship them, ever, but honestly - if I wanted sketchy internet clothing deals there's always the 'bay and SF. Basically, they claim to be incredibly professional, but now I'm a little wigged out about spending more than a pittance on something they present, just because I'm not sure if I'll even get it. I don't like having my money in perpetual limbo, no matter who I'm dealing with. edit: granted, I put up with it, and like Chrono said it's a huge company with very few humans doing anything, but honestly I would be really scared to buy one of their random multi-k packages for whatever the **** resort in the Caymans or something.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by junebugmm
Re: Gilt UPS Shipping

I don't think it is clearly mentioned during checkout, but Gilt's standard way of shipping is UPS 3-day (not UPS Ground) so they're correct that it will take 3 business days to get your item from NY to CA.

Do you work for Gilt or something? It takes ONE WEEK. The label says UPS - GROUND. This is different from UPS - 3 DAY.

WTF?????

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should tell them that you want to keep the item, but would like a refund?

Or have we been here before?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics