or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gilt users: beware.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gilt users: beware. - Page 3

post #31 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by celery View Post
Yes, but they were deerskin socks.
Given Gilt's no-returns policy, if they end up being regular calf-skin socks, there will be hell to pay! BUT, srsly, if this kind of stuff gets you bent out of shape, take a breather. It's a non-issue. There are many reasons to order (or NOT to order) from Gilt... but this shipping thing seems minor and not something that will dissuade most. Gilt's relatively uninspired items, not-particularly amazing prices, lack of returns, "gilt-only" designer items, etc. seem much more damaging.
post #32 of 94
I've always had great customer service and shipping from Gilt. Always before delivery date etc. And they were very helpful over the phone. So you had one bad experience, Hot Damn lets boycott them forever! Relax Moo
post #33 of 94
If what OP posted is true, it's unbelievable that they would still claim to ship in three days or not even contact OP to explain themselves. Understating and overdelivering in terms of service is the cornerstone of good business.
post #34 of 94
ITT: Butthurt and self entitlement by Moo. I have only had problems with Gilt when they do the sales where they have to place the order to the vendor after you buy the item. These are stupid, and I've had 2/3 shoe orders fail because of this. In all instances they have issued me store credits and apologies. For regular orders, it's generally a quick turnaround to shipping, and the items are typically received in 3-5 days after the ship date.
post #35 of 94
If you're upset about shipping time, wait till you read about how some of Gilt Groupe's merchandise isn't the same quality as the rest of the designer's work - it's reduced quality for a reduced price.

I imagine you can start a new thread with the discovery that heavily discounted designer goods come at a price.
post #36 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
I ordered something last Wednesday, May 5th. The item had an arrival date of May 12th-14th. Gilt is on the East coast; I am in CA. I called Gilt yesterday, May 10th asking why my item wasn't shipped, and was told it was shipping that day. It didn't ship. I called today and got the same answer, along with a spiel about how Gilt UPS Ground shipping takes 3 days to get to CA, and I should get it Friday. No, Gilt, it doesn't. UPS 3-Day takes 3 days... UPS Ground takes one full week (I have been told this lie a few times by them). At best, the item will ship tomorrow, the 12th, to be here on the 19th - two full weeks after I ordered it. I asked about their $40 overnight option, and if it would be possible to switch the item to that option, and that was a no go because "the order has already been processed." Unbelievable.

Buyer beware with them. I used to be a fan...

post #37 of 94
Wait so when you order something online you run the risk of not getting it right away?

Doesn't sound like very efficient risk management if you ask me.
post #38 of 94
I really don't know why everyone is jumping on OP. If what he says is true then there are serious problems with customer service. Really we should be supporting the customer, not the business that keeps giving stock answers or can't hire people smart enough to do their due diligence on their own shipping system.
post #39 of 94
reading the OP I thought that this was a troll threak.

reading through, and seeing that it is not, i have lost just a little more faith in humanity.
post #40 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehlol View Post
If you're upset about shipping time, wait till you read about how some of Gilt Groupe's merchandise isn't the same quality as the rest of the designer's work - it's reduced quality for a reduced price.

I imagine you can start a new thread with the discovery that heavily discounted designer goods come at a price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
Wait so when you order something online you run the risk of not getting it right away?

Doesn't sound like very efficient risk management if you ask me.

Like someone already said, if you want something instantly, buy in instore. You live in San right? I find it hard to believe that there is something GILT sells that you cannot get either in the city or by ordering from a trusted brick-and-mortar in LA (from which USPS priority takes a day or two, tops).
post #41 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
reading the OP I thought that this was a troll threak.

reading through, and seeing that it is not, i have lost just a little more faith in humanity.

it is a troll
post #42 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
Like someone already said, if you want something instantly, buy in instore. You live in San right? I find it hard to believe that there is something GILT sells that you cannot get either in the city or by ordering from a trusted brick-and-mortar in LA (from which USPS priority takes a day or two, tops).
+1. But, it's hardly just a single poster and seems more of a general trend. A lot of members here (and, I assume, IRL as well) want Filene's basement bargain pricing with Bergdorf-Goodman full-retail customer service. It even happens in the sales area here; somebody offers something 90% off what you paid for it, and the buyers want free express shipping, or for you to eat the paypal fees, or for you to take off work so you can ship it to them within an hour of them sending payment. If you don't do this, they bitch and moan. AND, then it's great when you jump through hoops to help a member/buyer and then they get buyer's remorse and try to make you take the item back after they've used it. Moo just seems like a very difficult customer to please (given this and some of his other threads about dissatisfaction with service). I think he ought just to buy B&M and at retail to ensure he'll be pleased.
post #43 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post
+1. But, it's hardly just a single poster and seems more of a general trend. A lot of members here (and, I assume, IRL as well) want Filene's basement bargain pricing with Bergdorf-Goodman full-retail customer service. It even happens in the sales area here; somebody offers something 90% off what you paid for it, and the buyers want free express shipping, or for you to eat the paypal fees, or for you to take off work so you can ship it to them within an hour of them sending payment. If you don't do this, they bitch and moan. AND, then it's great when you jump through hoops to help a member/buyer and then they get buyer's remorse and try to make you take the item back after they've used it. Moo just seems like a very difficult customer to please (given this and some of his other threads about dissatisfaction with service). I think he ought just to buy B&M and at retail to ensure he'll be pleased.
Well, to be fair, when I shop retail, I fully expect my wang to be mouthified (tm) while I drink champagne and try things on.
post #44 of 94
I understood Moo to be the most successful human being in history, why would a 27 year old with Platinum rated baller status be shopping for discounted merch anyway? For the sheer thrill of potentially being fucked over by their shipping department? strange way to get your dick hard!
post #45 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye GB View Post
I understood Moo to be the most successful human being in history, why would a 27 year old with Platinum rated baller status be shopping for discounted merch anyway? For the sheer thrill of potentially being fucked over by their shipping department? strange way to get your dick hard!

When you get that jaded, you gotta go to extremes to get it up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gilt users: beware.