• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help decorate my office!!! (pics inside)

gibson55

Reaction score
Looking for ways to make my office look cool. I am a financial advisor in my 20s, my main hobby is the guitar. What kind of things should I put on the wall or in the office to make it look good? I was thinking of putting a plasma on the wall, and maybe also hooking it up to my computer to show stuff to clients. Anyone have any suggestions? Most of my clients are 50+, so it has to be on the conservative, professional side. THANKS!!!

IMG_0381.jpg

Looking in through the hall window.
IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0385-1.jpg

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif

Benzito

Reaction score
Would definitely need to see pictures of your support staff to know what we are working with.

OHK

Reaction score
Unless there's an office rule against it, the first thing I'd suggest are blinds for your inside window.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Serious answer: Do not put stupid flair around your office. Get a few plants, clean that desk up, get a ******* book shelf and fill it up with work related ****. Randomly place a few personal artifacts in your office but not stupid ****. Your office is for work, but you want a bit of personality in there. Take your time and find piece of stuff that work for you.

Btw I have a Matisse from the National Gallery of Art in my office. Holla.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Inside windows are ******* horseshit, mang. I feel for ya. Fuckin' bitches be spyin' on you and ****. All fuckin' day. Really forces you to keep up the illusion of constantly doing work, which, in and of itself, is more work than actual work would be.

Incman

Reaction score
eh.gif
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Inside windows are ******* horseshit, mang. I feel for ya. Fuckin' bitches be spyin' on you and ****. All fuckin' day. Really forces you to keep up the illusion of constantly doing work, which, in and of itself, is more work than actual work would be.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So true

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For ***** sake open the blinds.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not really get the function of the chest of drawers.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take the warning tag off the mini-blind pull cord.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep it clean.

Keep it simple.

One or two pictures of girlfriend/wife/boyfriend is sufficient.

Remember you are trying to get folks in their 50's to give you their money to invest.

red120

Reaction score
Get two monitors - one on a swivel, so the client can be presented information.

One or two pieces of artwork. Nothing special, nothing opinionated.

Some plants.

Some lame books that look professional. You might not read them, the client might know you don't read them, but no one really cares. They look good.

legit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Keep it clean.

Keep it simple.

One or two pictures of girlfriend/wife/boyfriend is sufficient.

Remember you are trying to get folks in their 50's to give you their money to invest.

I'm in my early 20's and have a financial adviser. I still wouldn't want them to have electric guitars hanging on the wall because they love music that much.

I agree about the second swivel monitor in order to show the client what is going on. Also cover the damn inside window, that's obnoxious. Never mind having to pretend you are working, as a client I don't want the other idiots in your office staring at my back
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics