• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This is about to be the bachelor party from hell.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im the best man for a very close relative that is getting married next spring.

Im throwing the bachelor party, which I am MOAR than happy to do.

Here's where things aren't looking too good:

1. Hes starting with the "Its my day so I say we are doing _______" crap. And that crap is "camping."

2. Hes never been allowed to smoke a cigar and will not do it just in case she ever would find out (also his finace's rule).

3. The fiance (and him) say "no drugs and no strippers."

4. Now I'm being told I need to book it a month in advance because the fiance says so (WTF?).

5. This is his first and only girlfriend (of 6 years now).

6. Hes totally the kind of guy who would tell his fiance what went down at the bachelor party.

What to do?

I almost want to politely decline. But I kinda want to fight the power.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB

1. Hes starting with the "Its my day so I say we are doing _______" crap. And that crap is "camping."

2. Hes never been allowed to smoke a cigar and will not do it just in case she ever would find out (also his finace's rule).

4. Now I'm being told I need to book it a month in advance because the fiance says so (WTF?).

6. Hes totally the kind of guy who would tell his fiance what went down at the bachelor party.

What to do?

The bolded ones I have a MAJOR problem. She is the only GF he has ever had and she basically walks all over him and sets rules. This guy has no back bone or self confidence. He prob thinks he'll never get another woman in his life, so he becomes a yes man.

I see this guy being a very unhappy dude in 20 years, well sooner

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually just got a message from him. Its going to be 2 weeks from the wedding date and its going to be camping.

I dont want to go ******* camping. I wanna throw a bachelor party.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What to do?

I almost want to politely decline. But I kinda want to fight the power.

I wasn't aware conne was engaged.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Try to make some compromises.

Look for like a KOA campground thats near the highway... its not 'camping' but its close enough to the hi-way you could toss him in a car and head for the stripclub.

if the guy is adament on the whole no-strippers thing then respect that and bring the booze and cigars out to the campsite for those who want to indulge.

maybe a stripper could just show up at the camp site... rent an rv or something

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually just got a message from him. Its going to be 2 weeks from the wedding date and its going to be camping.

Roofy him, tie him to a chair, and let the dancers do their thing. You smoke the cigars. Take plenty of pictures. Put sunglasses on him if his eyes start closing.

If you're curious about repercussions, make him sign a NDA saying the night never happened.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WTF kind of lame crap is that? Tell him no, yall are getting strippers, end of story.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do strippers need to be an integral part of a bachelor party? I've been to a couple and none of them had strippers.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You need to talk to Matt.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score

lol. aww man

Originally Posted by Davidko19
The bolded ones I have a MAJOR problem. She is the only GF he has ever had and she basically walks all over him and sets rules. This guy has no back bone or self confidence. He prob thinks he'll never get another woman in his life, so he becomes a yes man.

I see this guy being a very unhappy dude in 20 years, well sooner

im sure this is not the case. you dont even know the guy and you are already claiming these things. not everything runs like how they do in your life.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I wasn't aware conne was engaged.
You can tell it's not Conne because this guy wants to go camping. Conne would opt for a male bonding activity consisting of sorting through old 1980s NY Times obituary sections and making a team scrapbook of favourite Upper East Side WASP deceased socialites. While Murder She Wrote plays in the background and everyone mutually masturbates each other to the beat of the drum brush on Art Tatum's Making Whoopee off the Art Tatum Tatum Group Masterpieces, Vol. 1 compact disc.

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rent "The Hangover". Watch "The Hangover". Book hotel room in Vegas. Live "The Hangover".

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
im sure this is not the case. you dont even know the guy and you are already claiming these things. not everything runs like how they do in your life.

Come on man, get real. First and only girl friend EVER who is making rules to control him. You dont find that weird?

I feel bad. I can see this guy getting walked over his entire marriage. Before you know it she'll be getting her butch hair cut, sit around popping bon-bons and nagging at him to take out the trash. poor guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads