or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › This is about to be the bachelor party from hell.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This is about to be the bachelor party from hell.

post #1 of 151
Thread Starter 
Im the best man for a very close relative that is getting married next spring.

Im throwing the bachelor party, which I am MOAR than happy to do.

Here's where things aren't looking too good:

1. Hes starting with the "Its my day so I say we are doing _______" crap. And that crap is "camping."

2. Hes never been allowed to smoke a cigar and will not do it just in case she ever would find out (also his finace's rule).

3. The fiance (and him) say "no drugs and no strippers."

4. Now I'm being told I need to book it a month in advance because the fiance says so (WTF?).

5. This is his first and only girlfriend (of 6 years now).

6. Hes totally the kind of guy who would tell his fiance what went down at the bachelor party.



What to do?

I almost want to politely decline. But I kinda want to fight the power.
post #2 of 151
Don't tell the fiancee what's going on and then do what you want.
post #3 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Im the best man for a very close relative that is getting married next spring.

Im throwing the bachelor party, which I am MOAR than happy to do.

Here's where things aren't looking too good:

1. Hes starting with the "Its my day so I say we are doing _______" crap. And that crap is "camping."

2. Hes never been allowed to smoke a cigar and will not do it just in case she ever would find out (also his finace's rule).

3. The fiance (and him) say "no drugs and no strippers."

4. Now I'm being told I need to book it a month in advance because the fiance says so (WTF?).

5. This is his first and only girlfriend (of 6 years now).

6. Hes totally the kind of guy who would tell his fiance what went down at the bachelor party.



What to do?


The bolded ones I have a MAJOR problem. She is the only GF he has ever had and she basically walks all over him and sets rules. This guy has no back bone or self confidence. He prob thinks he'll never get another woman in his life, so he becomes a yes man.

I see this guy being a very unhappy dude in 20 years, well sooner
post #4 of 151
Thread Starter 
Actually just got a message from him. Its going to be 2 weeks from the wedding date and its going to be camping.

I dont want to go fucking camping. I wanna throw a bachelor party.
post #5 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Im the best man for a very close relative that is getting married next spring.

Im throwing the bachelor party, which I am MOAR than happy to do.

Here's where things aren't looking too good:

1. Hes starting with the "Its my day so I say we are doing _______" crap. And that crap is "camping."

2. Hes never been allowed to smoke a cigar and will not do it just in case she ever would find out (also his finace's rule).

3. The fiance (and him) say "no drugs and no strippers."

4. Now I'm being told I need to book it a month in advance because the fiance says so (WTF?).

5. This is his first and only girlfriend (of 6 years now).

6. Hes totally the kind of guy who would tell his fiance what went down at the bachelor party.



What to do?

I almost want to politely decline. But I kinda want to fight the power.

I wasn't aware conne was engaged.
post #6 of 151
Try to make some compromises.

Look for like a KOA campground thats near the highway... its not 'camping' but its close enough to the hi-way you could toss him in a car and head for the stripclub.

if the guy is adament on the whole no-strippers thing then respect that and bring the booze and cigars out to the campsite for those who want to indulge.

maybe a stripper could just show up at the camp site... rent an rv or something
post #7 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Actually just got a message from him. Its going to be 2 weeks from the wedding date and its going to be camping.

I dont want to go fucking camping. I wanna throw a bachelor party.

Roofy him, tie him to a chair, and let the dancers do their thing. You smoke the cigars. Take plenty of pictures. Put sunglasses on him if his eyes start closing.

If you're curious about repercussions, make him sign a NDA saying the night never happened.
post #8 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Actually just got a message from him. Its going to be 2 weeks from the wedding date and its going to be camping.

I dont want to go fucking camping. I wanna throw a bachelor party.

WTF kind of lame crap is that? Tell him no, yall are getting strippers, end of story.
post #9 of 151
What you NEED to tell him is that he's going to resent her in about 5 years and eventually leave he just doesn't know it yet.
post #10 of 151
Why do strippers need to be an integral part of a bachelor party? I've been to a couple and none of them had strippers.
post #11 of 151
You need to talk to Matt.
post #12 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJB View Post
Actually just got a message from him. Its going to be 2 weeks from the wedding date and its going to be camping.

I dont want to go fucking camping. I wanna throw a bachelor party.

lol. aww man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidko19 View Post
The bolded ones I have a MAJOR problem. She is the only GF he has ever had and she basically walks all over him and sets rules. This guy has no back bone or self confidence. He prob thinks he'll never get another woman in his life, so he becomes a yes man.

I see this guy being a very unhappy dude in 20 years, well sooner

im sure this is not the case. you dont even know the guy and you are already claiming these things. not everything runs like how they do in your life.
post #13 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota rube View Post
I wasn't aware conne was engaged.
You can tell it's not Conne because this guy wants to go camping. Conne would opt for a male bonding activity consisting of sorting through old 1980s NY Times obituary sections and making a team scrapbook of favourite Upper East Side WASP deceased socialites. While Murder She Wrote plays in the background and everyone mutually masturbates each other to the beat of the drum brush on Art Tatum's Making Whoopee off the Art Tatum Tatum Group Masterpieces, Vol. 1 compact disc.
post #14 of 151
Rent "The Hangover". Watch "The Hangover". Book hotel room in Vegas. Live "The Hangover".
post #15 of 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho'nuff View Post
im sure this is not the case. you dont even know the guy and you are already claiming these things. not everything runs like how they do in your life.

Come on man, get real. First and only girl friend EVER who is making rules to control him. You dont find that weird?

I feel bad. I can see this guy getting walked over his entire marriage. Before you know it she'll be getting her butch hair cut, sit around popping bon-bons and nagging at him to take out the trash. poor guy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › This is about to be the bachelor party from hell.