or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Movie Cliches - Which Ones Do You Really Dislike?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Movie Cliches - Which Ones Do You Really Dislike? - Page 4

post #46 of 135
In horror films, when a character is wandering around in the dark, a screeching cat often leaps suddenly out of nowhere - often in, or by, a window - just before the real monster/killer/ghost etc. appears.
post #47 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
Hanging up the phone without saying goodbye.

How is that cliche? I never say goodbye on the phone.
post #48 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
How is that cliche? I never say goodbye on the phone.

So when you're done talking, you just hang up? That seems kinda rude. What if the other person has something else to say and you just cut them off?
post #49 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
So when you're done talking, you just hang up? That seems kinda rude. What if the other person has something else to say and you just cut them off?

I dunno. It's a chance I take, I guess. Usually it's pretty obvious when the conversation is done.
post #50 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post
I actually enjoyed this.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #51 of 135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodum5 View Post
I actually enjoyed this.

Oh, so did I. Hilarious movie. Just giving examples of car chase cliches.
post #52 of 135
I hate the little kid or verbose teen (boy or girl) who is brimming with all sorts of wisdom for his/her (usually single) parent about life, love and relationships. They're those little bespectacled, omniscient crumb-snatchers who are excited about their mom going on a date (even helping select her dress that evening) with the guy who they know is The One---instead of hating the intruding man-friend for stealing their mother's time and affection.
post #53 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verno Inferno View Post
I hate the little kid or verbose teen (boy or girl) who is brimming with all sorts of wisdom for his/her (usually single) parent about life, love and relationships. They're those little bespectacled, omniscient crumb-snatchers who are excited about their mom going on a date (even helping select her dress that evening) with the guy who they know is The One---instead of hating the intruding man-friend for stealing their mother's time and affection.

In other words, a young kid is cool with some stranger banging his/her mom.
post #54 of 135
Cocking a gun five fucking times for effect. e.g. the hero loads his gun, cock, the hero leaves to get into the action, cock, the hero encounters action, cock, the hero shows he means biznatch, cock.

That and fifty people all cocking their guns and surrounding the hero, never mind that they would kill each other if they started blasting off.

Also sword fighting in all "historic" type action/dramas. Throwing a sword, holding the shields upside-fucking-down, bashing with a shield, jumping a lot, basically flailing about like a retard on crack.
post #55 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Cocking a gun five fucking times for effect. e.g. the hero loads his gun, cock, the hero leaves to get into the action, cock, the hero encounters action, cock, the hero shows he means biznatch, cock.

And the fucking rack sound they make when they get drawn from the holster. Seriously, does everyone have the fucking Spetznatz Tokarev holster that cocks on the draw?

aaaaaaaand what's the deal with TEACUP GRIP?
post #56 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Cocking a gun five fucking times for effect. e.g. the hero loads his gun, cock, the hero leaves to get into the action, cock, the hero encounters action, cock, the hero shows he means biznatch, cock.

And the fucking rack sound they make when they get drawn from the holster. Seriously, does everyone have the fucking Spetznatz Tokarev holster that cocks on the draw?

aaaaaaaand what's the deal with TEACUP GRIP?

EDIT: Also, snipers with laser sights
post #57 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
this thread can become endless because Hollywood is so goddam horribly formulaic...

hero fighting, running, jumping after getting shot repeatedly. rifle bullets cause so much damage that if you take one in the torso/leg you're immediately out for weeks even if it doesn't kill you

the villain isn't dead, you motherfuckers. he's just waiting until you let your guard down or turn your backs

the stupid inspirational speech before the climactic scene. last seen in 2012 where it was so infuriating it ruined the whole movie for me

if there is a dog in the movie, it ALWAYS survives. even during the end of the world

someone in the party always needs to nobly give his life to save the world/the mission. it's usually the character who's the most annoying or the one who keeps questioning authority

Old Yeller
post #58 of 135
- Formerly bad sport team/athlete begins to turn it around and starts to win via montage. - Devil finds some loophole to come to earth and destroy it. No sign whatsoever of The Jeez (Dogma being the lone exception).
post #59 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

if there is a dog in the movie, it ALWAYS survives. even during the end of the world


There have been a number of notable exceptions to this recently.
post #60 of 135
White martial artists beats the fuck out of all the Asians.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Movie Cliches - Which Ones Do You Really Dislike?