or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › tailorshirts.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

tailorshirts.com

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Interesting: http://www.tailorshirts.com/

I'm loving the user friendly interface. But I wonder, has anyone heard of them before? Or used them? I stumbled upon them when I was searching for clothing terminology on google.
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchapel
Interesting: http://www.tailorshirts.com/

I'm loving the user friendly interface. But I wonder, has anyone heard of them before? Or used them? I stumbled upon them when I was searching for clothing terminology on google.
Gee, why would you be searching for terminology on google?
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Gee, why would you be searching for terminology on google?

Heh, I wonder why . Looking up history of "bespoke".
post #4 of 10
I'd want to find out what kind of fabric they are using. I've ordered shirts from online sites that are made of pretty good fabric that is at least an 80s (e.g., hemrajani or chan) and I've ordered shirts on line that ended up being shit fabric (like meinalt fashion, where the fabric felt like cardboard against my skin). I'll admit though that the interface is kind of nice.
post #5 of 10
Prices obviously seem good - in line with Jantzen and Baron, and you're right about the interface. I would note that most of their 100% cotton fabric choices (they also offer poly/blend materials) are 80's and apparently all have been treated with an "easy care finish", which for all I know could be scotchguard or something.
post #6 of 10
That's pretty cool. I'd be interested to check out results if anyone takes the plunge.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchapel
Heh, I wonder why . Looking up history of "bespoke".
Kinda figured.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
I'd want to find out what kind of fabric they are using. I've ordered shirts from online sites that are made of pretty good fabric that is at least an 80s (e.g., hemrajani or chan) and I've ordered shirts on line that ended up being shit fabric (like meinalt fashion, where the fabric felt like cardboard against my skin). I'll admit though that the interface is kind of nice.
I played with the interface a bit, and if you start designing a shirt when you reach the fabric selection stage it gives you descriptions of the various fabrics (e.g., 80's 2-ply cotton) - except in a few instances where the description is suspiciously more limited.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by odoreater
I'd want to find out what kind of fabric they are using. I've ordered shirts from online sites that are made of pretty good fabric that is at least an 80s (e.g., hemrajani or chan)...

Hmm. I thought Chan's shirting fabrics were pretty much 100s or better.
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
Hmm. I thought Chan's shirting fabrics were pretty much 100s or better.

You may be right. I haven't ordered from Chan in a while so I don't remember exactly what they were. All I was saying is that they are pretty good fabrics, whereas fabrics I've ordered from some other online places have been pretty bad.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › tailorshirts.com