or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Dear Sonics:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dear Sonics:

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Bye!

http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/19/sbu...acescan05.html
post #2 of 10
What, you're just going to ignore the Storm? C'mon!

Personally, I think you guys are just still upset about the Superbowl, and you're taking it out on the poor Sonics.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Oh yeah, bye Storm.

I hate the way professional sports work in this city. They get to get taxes levied for stadiums we don't want built. They create traffic. And in the Sonics' case, they also suck.
post #4 of 10
Nice of Steve Forbes to drop by for a chat.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Oh yeah, bye Storm.

I hate the way professional sports work in this city. They get to get taxes levied for stadiums we don't want built. They create traffic. And in the Sonics' case, they also suck.

Come on, the Sonics are the only one to ever win a championship at least. I think the best any others have done is second.

b
post #6 of 10
Actually the Storm won a championship too... but its the WNBA so I'm not sure if it really "counts" or not.. The Sonics have pissed me off forever, I can forgive the other two sports teams for sucking occasionally because I enjoy going to the games, but The Sonics owe the city like 12 million dollars on the last renovation of Key Arena, and have traded away most of our good players, let the best coach we've had in a decade waltz out the door to the Trailblazers, consistantly draft pathetic excuses for players, and have done absolutely nothing to draw people to games. To everyone who doesn't live here - The Sonics have been whining about a new arena for the last five years or so, threatening to move, threatening this and that... they are losers. Get them the hell out of town. Good riddance.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Actually the Storm won a championship too... but its the WNBA so I'm not sure if it really "counts" or not..

The Sonics have pissed me off forever, I can forgive the other two sports teams


Not to be too nit-picky, but you are leaving out the Seattle Sounders who play in A-League soccer. They may have won a national championship too.

Plus there was the Tacoma Stars MISL club. They definitely won a championship or two. Those games were a hell of a lotta fun.

b
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Not to be too nit-picky, but you are leaving out the Seattle Sounders who play in A-League soccer. They may have won a national championship too.

Plus there was the Tacoma Stars MISL club. They definitely won a championship or two. Those games were a hell of a lotta fun.

b

Ah, but you forget, that this is America and Soccer isn't a "real" sport here. Obviously nobody cares about the Sounders, in fact, I bet that eight out of ten people in Seattle couldn't tell you what the name of our soccer team is.

Plus, neither one of those things is in a major league. Until we get an MLS team here, we don't have a professional soccer team.

Likewise I don't count the Seattle Thunderbirds hockey team, because not only is it minor league, but I'm pretty sure they suck.
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Actually the Storm won a championship too... but its the WNBA so I'm not sure if it really "counts" or not..

I vote no.

I think I'll be a little sad to see the Sonics leave, but for kind of weird, abstract reasons. I like seeing Seattle represented in a game, I guess, whereas OK City doesn't really do it for me one way or the other. Seattle's a town with a personality, Oklahoma City just seems like an oversized suburb. I dunno, maybe that's not fair. But anyway, if Seattle doesn't want them, and they don't want to be there, let 'em go! But I really wish they'd go to Vegas. Vegas needs a damn team already.
post #10 of 10
I wish someone would sell the Golden State Warriors.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Dear Sonics: