or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › I wrote a piano piece!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I wrote a piano piece!

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Sadly, it had to be realized with the Garage Band default piano sound, since higher-end piano software (Synthogy, NI) will have to wait on a computer upgrade. I'm not going to pretend that the MIDI realization is great, and some things like accelerandos and ritardandos are lost altogether.

Anyway, it's a miniature suite of five piano pieces. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #2 of 10
Is a bagatelle like a small bagel?
post #3 of 10
I like the one at 1:50. Good to see another GarageBand "musician" here, although I don't have the guts to post anything on YT
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by axe View Post
I like the one at 1:50. Good to see another GarageBand "musician"

No need for the quotes around "musician", plz.

Well, I just did too, but for different reasons.

Quote:
here, although I don't have the guts to post anything on YT

I used to be a big timer when it came to music production. Although, interestingly, none of my outboard sound modules could hold a candle to Garage Band's stock piano sound.
post #5 of 10
Nice! It's amazing how expressive Garage Band can be already. The dynamics, attack, and release are more nuanced than I've heard from older MIDI stuff. I can see how tempi might be set in stone, being a computer and all.

--Andre
post #6 of 10
Pretty cool. You should torrent Logic. It's got some decent sounds. It's confusing as fuck though.
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post
Nice! It's amazing how expressive Garage Band can be already. The dynamics, attack, and release are more nuanced than I've heard from older MIDI stuff. I can see how tempi might be set in stone, being a computer and all.

--Andre

The only thing you need to watch out for are velocity switches. There's a particularly nasty one between v=79 and v=80 on the piano in Garage Band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
Pretty cool. You should torrent Logic. It's got some decent sounds. It's confusing as fuck though.

I actually have Logic 4 for OS 9 on my old computer. That's what I did all my d'n'b tracks in. Unfortunately, I'm Dakota Rube-esque when it comes to torrents.
post #8 of 10
This looks fun. Are there any windows programs to make muzik?
post #9 of 10
That's totally cool that you can write a piano piece!
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post
This looks fun. Are there any windows programs to make muzik?

Yup lots.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_sequencer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › I wrote a piano piece!