or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Herring Shoes - Experiences?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Herring Shoes - Experiences? - Page 6

post #76 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by capua View Post
Shipping is very quick indeed. I purchased shoes on a Friday and received them on Monday...in Canada!

=o They must have magical powers that defeat Canada Customs!!
post #77 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart View Post
=o They must have magical powers that defeat Canada Customs!!
they do not. I've ordered twice from them and got charged customs twice. On the second one, the customs agent ripped up one side of the shoe box trying to open the shipping box. Bris would have cried. ETA:unless you mean the time it takes to go through, in which case I'd probably credit UPS.
post #78 of 425
hi all,
as i mentioned before, i have bought from herring shoes and found them to be very professional.

something to keep in mind though - i bought a pair of church's in brown suede from herring, thinking i could buy a matching belt from the churches store. unfortuantely, the suede used by herring is different from the suede churches make belts in - so - i am left with a lovely pair of brown suede shoes for which i may never find a matching belt.

i did phone herring, they said they may be able to offer churches leather belts in the future, but this has yet to happen..
so, be careful when choosing suedes as they may be hard/impossible to match up with a belt
post #79 of 425
There's a reason, don't match suede. Get a croc for added spice. I'm a Herring regular, fast shipping and first class service as always.
post #80 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrero View Post
There's a reason, don't match suede. Get a croc for added spice. I'm a Herring regular, fast shipping and first class service as always.


hmm..
sounds like a great solution. so for brown suede..which colour croc would work?
post #81 of 425
My experience has been a little off. I sent an e-mail more than a week ago and it has gone unanswered. I would place a call but I've been too busy and the desire to buy has waned.
post #82 of 425
I'm getting married next month and am currently trying to decide between the Herring Henley, the Herring Hyde or the Barker Cambridge, which I discovered through the Herring website.

Can anyone give advice about how easy the Henley shoes are to keep clean?
Or any leather and canvas shoe for that matter.

There will be to wear with a blue chalk stripe suit, (not navy), so the darker Barkers might end up being the choice.
post #83 of 425
All of them are beautiful shoes. What about the Herring Fencote? May be a bit to much, but they are high up on my wish list.
post #84 of 425
I just wanted to follow up on my earlier post. I finally got around to ordering with Herring. I bought a pair of Churchill on Cheaney's 11028 last. They fit well and look better in person than in the website pictures. Shipping was definitely speedy. I ordered on a Wednesday and I had the shoes by 4:00pm Friday. I didn't think that you could get something from England to Los Angeles in 3 days for what they charge for shipping, but it turns out that you can.
post #85 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitboss12 View Post

I just wanted to follow up on my earlier post. I finally got around to ordering with Herring. I bought a pair of Churchill on Cheaney's 11028 last. They fit well and look better in person than in the website pictures. Shipping was definitely speedy. I ordered on a Wednesday and I had the shoes by 4:00pm Friday. I didn't think that you could get something from England to Los Angeles in 3 days for what they charge for shipping, but it turns out that you can.

I wonder how the quality of Churchill is like when comparing to Cheaney's own model Lime, as Herring's costs a bit higher. Is the leather of higher quality?
http://www.cheaney.co.uk/shop/classic/lime/black
post #86 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitboss12 View Post

I just wanted to follow up on my earlier post. I finally got around to ordering with Herring. I bought a pair of Churchill on Cheaney's 11028 last. They fit well and look better in person than in the website pictures. Shipping was definitely speedy. I ordered on a Wednesday and I had the shoes by 4:00pm Friday. I didn't think that you could get something from England to Los Angeles in 3 days for what they charge for shipping, but it turns out that you can.

Can you comment on sizing. How do they fit compared to Crockett and Jones last 337 for example. I would like to start ordering from Herring but I am unsure about sizing.
post #87 of 425
Check Herring's twitter. They usually list a 10% off code.
post #88 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Can you comment on sizing. How do they fit compared to Crockett and Jones last 337 for example. I would like to start ordering from Herring but I am unsure about sizing.

Ordered a pair of Herring brand loafers and they were huge on me. And it's worth noting that if you have to send something back, it's going to cost you $40 (from Cali to the UK, that is)
post #89 of 425
Thanks Jake,

I know the story I had to return once pair shoes and $40 sounds about right. I also paid UPS extortion fees when I received the package. censored.gif
post #90 of 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmann View Post


I wonder how the quality of Churchill is like when comparing to Cheaney's own model Lime, as Herring's costs a bit higher. Is the leather of higher quality?
http://www.cheaney.co.uk/shop/classic/lime/black

I'm guessing that this is exactly like the Lime except with the Herring name stamped on it. The pricing in the link you posted is the same as the pricing for the Herring's branded version. I couldn't really take advantage of ordering direct from Cheaney because they don't offer internet sales to those outside the UK. Also the e-retailers that did ship to the U.S. were all within 5gbp of each other ex. vat with shipping. I went with Herring because of this thread's commentary on their quick shipping. I've ordered another model under the Cheaney brand (from another retailer) that is in the same group as the Lime. I'll let you know if there is a difference in the quality of leather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post


Can you comment on sizing. How do they fit compared to Crockett and Jones last 337 for example. I would like to start ordering from Herring but I am unsure about sizing.

I don't have experience with C&J'S 337 last but I do have experience with their 348 last. I'd say that the 11028 is just a tad wider than the C&J 348.
Edited by pitboss12 - 7/18/11 at 11:51pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Herring Shoes - Experiences?