or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Men's Skin Care
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Men's Skin Care - Page 7

post #91 of 111
Scarring fades naturally a little but will always be there.
post #92 of 111
Too many unknowns. Let a dermatologist do an exam and make recommendations. If all else fails, in-office procedures can help.
post #93 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by yahtzee View Post
It may be in this thread or it may be located somewhere else, but there was a user not to long ago that was ragging on us for using skin care products and saying "just stick to water." At the time, I was going to reply back to him and tell him to F-off, but I may need to tell him that he may be onto something.

I had an accident that prohibited me from using my right hand. Therefore, I could only really wash my face with water using my left hand and even that was a weird ritual every morning and night. Before this I used to always use a face wash. The duration of this was about four weeks. In the four weeks using just warm water, nothing seemed to get worse. No breakouts, nothing.

Starting to wonder if that marketing is really getting to us. Right now, I just use a toner and moisturizer. I've been thinking about dropping the toner and just trying to moisturize to see what would happen.

I don't know.. maybe it's just me getting older. But I don't even touch the face wash anymore.

good post. very interesting. any other experience with water only washing? it's good enough for the guys in Easy Rider..
post #94 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYAY View Post
good post. very interesting. any other experience with water only washing? it's good enough for the guys in Easy Rider..

I've quit using face wash, but my skin is a wreck if I just use water. I'm currently use toner and moisturizer with excellent results.
post #95 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulYAY View Post
good post. very interesting. any other experience with water only washing? it's good enough for the guys in Easy Rider..

I'm another water only guy. I usually just take a hot and cold shower in the morning then use coconut oil as a moisturizer afterward. (I also use coconut oil as my shaving cream). Sometimes when my skin feels dry, I use honey and coconut oil as a mask (leave the mixture on for 15 minutes then take a shower). The routine (together with a healthy diet and adequate exercise) is working great for me. All the facial washes and facial exfoliation are just crap to steal your money. They actually will dry out your skin over time.
post #96 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenResident View Post
I'm another water only guy. I usually just take a hot and cold shower in the morning then use coconut oil as a moisturizer afterward. (I also use coconut oil as my shaving cream). Sometimes when my skin feels dry, I use honey and coconut oil as a mask (leave the mixture on for 15 minutes then take a shower). The routine (together with a healthy diet and adequate exercise) is working great for me. All the facial washes and facial exfoliation are just crap to steal your money. They actually will dry out your skin over time.

While I agree not all products are beneficial for all saying that they don't work and dry out skin over time is a little harsh.

Everyones skin type is different and you have to be using the right products.

P.S. Exfoliation is actually one thing that will make a huge difference in your skin.
post #97 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post
my skin is a wreck if I just use water. I'm currently use toner and moisturizer with excellent results.

The exact same thing right here.
post #98 of 111
I use Avene Cold Cream Soap. Just sunscreen in the morning and Avene Diacneal at night.
post #99 of 111

I have found Taun's Men Skin Care Formula to be the only thing to repair my dry skin. I am kindof an outdoors type, so I find myself spending most of my time repairing my skin, as opposed to taking preventative measures.

post #100 of 111

I have found Taun's Men Skin Care Formula to be the only thing to repair my dry skin. I am kindof an outdoors type, so I find myself spending most of my time repairing my skin, as opposed to taking preventative measures.

post #101 of 111
Shiseido Men Total Revitalizer for me (face). Effective and easy to absorb (non greasy, therefore). Great in the morning after shower.
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula for my hands. Miracle repair in just one day (two at the most if they're already bleeding through cracks; a must in winter time).
post #102 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant View Post

Too many unknowns. Let a dermatologist do an exam and make recommendations. If all else fails, in-office procedures can help.

wisdom
post #103 of 111
post #104 of 111

Hello freinds,.....

I read out your  review but the best for men skin care drinking water,vegetarian food and  fresh 

fruits.Its a very simple and easier way.Thanks for sharing.

post #105 of 111

I'm currently using 66°30 Organics, it's a French brand and I'm super impressed by it,

 

For body care I'm using Wash With Joe body wash > AMAZING product!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Men's Skin Care