or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Bathroom sinks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bathroom sinks

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Modern style bathroom sinks, I would like to see some.

Thanks.
post #2 of 20
no idea how it works but I saw (on the interwebz) a wooden sink once. Cool as hell haha



EDIT: something like this

post #3 of 20
Thread Starter 
Sweet.

I'm thinking about building a wooden counter top (padauk) with a teak oil finish and a bowl style sink on top of it.

Not sure if it will be annoying after a while having the sink on top of the counter.
post #4 of 20
if you're builiding it that is pretty awesome. You should post pics of your progress; it'd be interesting to see the build throughout. Are you doing his and her sinks or a single sink counter?

here's another that's cool as hell too, but prob ridiculously expensive:

post #5 of 20
I don't like things that revel in their novelty, but that sink is pretty cool. There are all kinds of good stone and concrete sink designs.







[IMG]http://media.dwell.com/images/478*318/bathrooms-aeri-sink-in-birch-wood-whitehaus-collection.jpg[/IMG]


post #6 of 20
A lot of these bowl sinks may look pretty cool, but they are ridiculously impractical. You can wash your hands in them, but trying to do stuff like washing your face or brushing your teeth is just a recipe for disaster. We are considering something funky like that in our guest downstairs bathroom, but it's conventional sinks for us everywhere else. In fact, we are going to go decidedly lowbrow but practical with corian counters and integrated corian bowls upstairs - totally function over form
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
A lot of these bowl sinks may look pretty cool, but they are ridiculously impractical. You can wash your hands in them, but trying to do stuff like washing your face or brushing your teeth is just a recipe for disaster. We are considering something funky like that in our guest downstairs bathroom, but it's conventional sinks for us everywhere else. In fact, we are going to go decidedly lowbrow but practical with corian counters and integrated corian bowls upstairs - totally function over form

I forgot to reply in whatever thread you first posted the place that you are redoing, but it it looks great.

It's going to be special when you're done.

- B
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
A lot of these bowl sinks may look pretty cool, but they are ridiculously impractical. You can wash your hands in them, but trying to do stuff like washing your face or brushing your teeth is just a recipe for disaster. We are considering something funky like that in our guest downstairs bathroom, but it's conventional sinks for us everywhere else. In fact, we are going to go decidedly lowbrow but practical with corian counters and integrated corian bowls upstairs - totally function over form
Douglas, be careful with Corian sinks. Some neighbors and friends did that and they have some staining issues. We did cultured marble which has been terrific so far.
post #9 of 20
Staining issues in bathrooms? What are they doing in there?
post #10 of 20
Shallow sinks are generally better in the bathrooms meant for guests, as they're pretty annoying to use.
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Staining issues in bathrooms? What are they doing in there?

Normal use they say. I think Corian just isn't very stain resistant.
post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
Excellent suggestions!
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin View Post
Shallow sinks are generally better in the bathrooms meant for guests, as they're pretty annoying to use.

We try not to annoy our guests.
post #14 of 20
When it comes to modern bathroom sinks, this is what every home owner should know about it. Sinks are probably one of the mist important fixtures in our homes. We have console sinks, pedestal sinks, vanity sinks and wall mounted sinks. Sinks come in many different colors and shapes. Today, you can find bathroom sinks in any color with just about any design imprinted on it. There is no limit when it comes to sink design, but there is a limit when it comes to purchasing one for your new bathroom redesign. In many cases, the sink is the focal point of the bathroom and ties the entire room together.
post #15 of 20
Absolutely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Bathroom sinks