or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Thoughts on these Santoni's?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thoughts on these Santoni's?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I just purchased these yesterday on ebay. Wanted to get some opinions from everyone here.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

However I have a feeling they may be a little small If that is the case they may end up in the FS section.

Gene
post #2 of 9
Pricewise I think you did well. Those are not what I would consider wearing in a dressy situation as the sole is quite clunky and I am not crazy about the toebox but with jeans, corduroys etc in a casual setting I think you will look fine.
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Pricewise I think you did well. Those are not what I would consider wearing in a dressy situation as the sole is quite clunky and I am not crazy about the toebox but with jeans, corduroys etc in a casual setting I think you will look fine.

Well that is not what I wanted to hear. I rarely wear black shoes. It is brown for 3/4 of the month. I even wear brown shoes with my charcoal suits 9/10 times. I purchased these for the sole(no pun intended) purpose of wearing with some darker suits. Oh well. Like I said they may not fit, if that is the case maybe it is for the best. Thanks for your input.

P.S my foot measures 10 3/4" long and 3 3/4" at the widest point. Which leads me to believe these will be too small.

Gene
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali77
P.S my foot measures 10 3/4" long and 3 3/4" at the widest point. Which leads me to believe these will be too small.


sounds like it. Most of my shoes are at least 1+" longer than where my toe ends. depending on the shoe shape.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Smart
sounds like it. Most of my shoes are at least 1+" longer than where my toe ends. depending on the shoe shape.

Looks like they will be off to the FS section...uugghhh

Gene
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali77
Looks like they will be off to the FS section...uugghhh

Gene

I disagree... I have this shoe in brown and I think it's lovely. The pictures on ebay don't do it justice. Wait till' you see it in person -- I think you'll have a different opinion once you put them on and see how good they look.
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drljva
I disagree... I have this shoe in brown and I think it's lovely. The pictures on ebay don't do it justice. Wait till' you see it in person -- I think you'll have a different opinion once you put them on and see how good they look.

drljva,
They might be headed to the FS section due to size, not looks and feel. I like the look of the shoe for sure. I just think it is going to be a little small. Maybe I will see if my local shoe shop can stretch an extra 1/2-1" out.

Gene
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kali77
drljva,
They might be headed to the FS section due to size, not looks and feel. I like the look of the shoe for sure. I just think it is going to be a little small. Maybe I will see if my local shoe shop can stretch an extra 1/2-1" out.

Gene

You might be in luck in this case, as I found that this particular shoe runs a little big. I usually wear a size 13 US; in this shoe, I bought a size 12. Hopefully you won't have any problems... it's a lovely shoe -- I like it so much that I've actually thought about buying the black version like yours. BTW, I purchased my pair from Nord. for significantly more than you paid on ebay... The pair I have came with flat laces, and I think that kind of lace really goes well with the shoe. Good luck!
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by drljva
You might be in luck in this case, as I found that this particular shoe runs a little big. I usually wear a size 13 US; in this shoe, I bought a size 12. Hopefully you won't have any problems... it's a lovely shoe -- I like it so much that I've actually thought about buying the black version like yours. BTW, I purchased my pair from Nord. for significantly more than you paid on ebay... The pair I have came with flat laces, and I think that kind of lace really goes well with the shoe. Good luck!

Thanks for the new found hope. I really hope they fit. Only time will tell now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Thoughts on these Santoni's?