or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Will the Earnest Sewn Filson XX Rigid Selvedge shrink?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will the Earnest Sewn Filson XX Rigid Selvedge shrink?

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
OK, I tried on a 31 a while ago and really liked them they were a bit big, and they not have a 30 so I passed. I saw and bought a pair on ebay size 30 but got excited and neglected to read the fine print the actual size was bigger, I measure it at 32 (It was my fault really cant blame the seller, but I doubt I'll be buying clothes on ebay again). If I put it in a bucket of warm water will it shrink? If so how long should I keep it? Im not sure if it's one wash or not. Is there any other method of shrinking the pants? It's new without the tags, depending on what you guys tell me about it shrinking or not, I will sell it on the buying and selling board. What do you think would be a resonable price to sell it for? Thanks in advance.
post #2 of 13
I have a pair, they did not shrink by any noticable amount, in fact they stretched too much before washing that I don't wear them any longer as they are too big. Even after washing they didn't really shrink back to normal size.
post #3 of 13
I bought a pair as an experiment, and quite like them actually. really nice quality denim, its a shame they dont'fit you.

Unfortunately, the resale value of ES are remarkably low both on SF and ebay, I'm assuming due to their ubiquitous nature.
There is a pair on ebay now with starting bid of 86USD and buy it now somewhere around 120, I'll be curious as to what (if) they sell for.
post #4 of 13
They do shrink, but not insanely, as they are sanforzied.. They also stretch a lot.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the replies guys, sounds like bad news for me.

I'll put it on sale on the buying and selling forum soon.
post #6 of 13
I just ordered these from ESs (Fulton, actually), and wonder if I should have sized down one more. I got a 32, because I've heard these run smaller than Nudie in the waist, and I wear a 31 in RRDS and it's perfect.
post #7 of 13
my pair stretched about half an inch on the length and waist..but the leg shrink a bit too...good thing i sized down when i bought it
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_connoisseur23
my pair stretched about half an inch on the length and waist..but the leg shrink a bit too...good thing i sized down when i bought it


Half an inch should be perfect. IIRC, when I tried these once before I tried a 33 in the line dry, and it was perfect. I've tried the dark maz as well, in a 32, a pair that had been tried a lot, and they were a bit loose. I assume that the DM will stretch more than the LD because it is softer, but I could be wrong.
post #9 of 13
Got my Line Dry today, they fit beautifully, wanted to know if I should have sized down one more. Just how much stretching should I expect vs. RRDS? I got a 32, and the waist is tight, but not as tight as my RRDS were when I got them. If they aren't going to stretch as much as the Nudies, then I got the right size. If, however, they will stretch as much or more, then I need a smaller size. How do you guys usually get the ES jeans as compared to the Nudies?
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
Got my Line Dry today, they fit beautifully, wanted to know if I should have sized down one more. Just how much stretching should I expect vs. RRDS? I got a 32, and the waist is tight, but not as tight as my RRDS were when I got them. If they aren't going to stretch as much as the Nudies, then I got the right size. If, however, they will stretch as much or more, then I need a smaller size. How do you guys usually get the ES jeans as compared to the Nudies?

If it's not as tight, it likely won't stretch as much in any case. My ES didn't stretch a whole lot, as JC said, half an inch, inch at the most.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
If it's not as tight, it likely won't stretch as much in any case. My ES didn't stretch a whole lot, as JC said, half an inch, inch at the most.


I was only worried because I had once tried on a pair of the Filson at a dept. store, and they'd been tried/stretched a bunch and the 32 was a bit loose in the waist. I'm going to wear these around the house a bit for the next day or so, and then decide whether there was too much stretching.
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGP
I was only worried because I had once tried on a pair of the Filson at a dept. store, and they'd been tried/stretched a bunch and the 32 was a bit loose in the waist. I'm going to wear these around the house a bit for the next day or so, and then decide whether there was too much stretching.

Washing them is going to bring them most of the way back in any case, not to where they started but close...
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Washing them is going to bring them most of the way back in any case, not to where they started but close...


I just wanted to know if it was RRDS stretching, or a little less, as these are technically one wash.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Will the Earnest Sewn Filson XX Rigid Selvedge shrink?