or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 664

post #9946 of 14743
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

I'm sure they'll be okay if they see you pull up in your M5.

If anything, they wouldn't let me if I rolled up in a bimmer, lol.

I'm hoping my insurance drops dramatically next year once I'm 25. I'm paying $3K a year in premiums currently. Even when I had my ZHP, I was paying around $2400 in premiums.. Ridiculous. Clean record, too.
post #9947 of 14743
bimmer drivers are exactly who they want to see pulling up to that event. they targeted competing brand owners to try to lure them to defect.

when i did this, the PBIR parking lot was 90% Porsche and BMW. the remaining 10% were Benzes and like 2 Audis (those were probably employee cars)
post #9948 of 14743
The M5 is the Ultimate Drifting Machine:

http://www.bmwblog.com/2013/05/14/bmw-performance-driving-school-sets-guinness-world-drift-record-with-bmw-m5-sedan/
Quote:
The M5 exceeded the previous record set in February in Abu Dhabi by 47.71 miles. A total of 322.5 laps were completed around the 841-foot (circumference) Performance Center skid pad, providing a total distance-travelled of 51.278 miles.

...
The record-breaking attempt generated over $20,000 in charitable donations benefiting The BMW Charity Pro-Am.

I wonder what the diff looked like after it was done.
post #9949 of 14743
hey, Johan Schwartz. he was one of my instructors when i did the M School at BMW PDC. he tried to teach me to drift but failed (more to the point, i failed to take his instruction) happy.gif
post #9950 of 14743
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

bimmer drivers are exactly who they want to see pulling up to that event. they targeted competing brand owners to try to lure them to defect.

when i did this, the PBIR parking lot was 90% Porsche and BMW. the remaining 10% were Benzes and like 2 Audis (those were probably employee cars)

Wow, really?

I remember while filling out the survey I lied and said I was very likely to purchase an Audi as my next car, thinking it would boost my odds of getting picked. Little did I know that I would be instantly 'approved.'

I don't see myself moving to Audi for a long, long time, though.

BMWBJ4LYFE!

As for drifting, I sadly do not know how to drift.. Haven't found a place to learn how to do it safely and responsibly and I'm honestly too scared to turn off traction control on my car.

I turned it off once at a red light and gave the car maybe 60-70% throttle at green and all I did was spin tires. shog[1].gif

It doesn't seem like it would be difficult, though.
post #9951 of 14743
he took us on the skidpad/drift course in a E60 M5. shit brown exterior with burgundy interior and light maple wood trim. ugliest goddam BMW i ever drove lol8[1].gif
post #9952 of 14743
Oddly the only bmws I like are the new facelifted 7 and 6s. I'd go audi before bmw these days too since bmw styling is all fucked up.

Would never consider a 991 gt3 due to no manual trans.
post #9953 of 14743
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

he took us on the skidpad/drift course in a E60 M5. shit brown exterior with burgundy interior and light maple wood trim. ugliest goddam BMW i ever drove lol8[1].gif

frown.gif
post #9954 of 14743
post #9955 of 14743
That looks beautiful.

It also makes me sad that nowadays you need to have a special concept model of a car to get a bit gas guzzling V10 or V12.
post #9956 of 14743
According to the text it's going to be bigger than the six, so new 8 series maybe. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #9957 of 14743
current 6er is already huge, and this is likely on a SWB 7er, so it must be huge. It looks nice in the teasers, but yeah, could be fucking massive.
post #9958 of 14743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

According to the text it's going to be bigger than the six, so new 8 series maybe. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

between NY and LA, I have seen maybe 3 or 4 8-series over the past 3 weeks. Really awesome.
post #9959 of 14743
Only seen one 8er in the past 5 years or so, but it was an M sport 850Csi (the v12 6spd one with m aero) with 18" style V's...
post #9960 of 14743

a 4 door 6 or 8 series is just blasphemous.  What next? A 4 door M1?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!