or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 645

post #9661 of 15773
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Yes.. I'm missing my car so much right now, ugh. Can't fathom not being able to drive it for another NINE days.

What was your previous car?
MB CL600 with a V12 engine.
post #9662 of 15773
post #9663 of 15773
Greenfrog, saw your same car today... These rims looked pretty good I thought.

post #9664 of 15773
Hartge? Looks similar to the stock M5 rims.

I'd just trade someone your powdercoated ones for stock ones.
post #9665 of 15773
Quote:
Originally Posted by djh View Post

Hartge? Looks similar to the stock M5 rims.

I'd just trade someone your powdercoated ones for stock ones.

I'd do this for now, until I find something I REALLY like.

Then again, I think the stock M5 wheels are just fine and wouldn't see the need to drop cash on something new.
post #9666 of 15773
I think those are fake Hartges. Real ones are 21" and look huge in the wheelwells; those look trashy, especially with roundel caps.

post #9667 of 15773
RS6 wagon is insane, 0-60 in 3.8 secs. I wish BMW would do the logical thing and make my dream car by taking a 6er Gran Coupe and turning it into a 6-GT by adding a good looking 2-tier wagon rear end with a strong Hofmeister kink, and not messing with anything else. That'd be the perfect wagon, stock 650i GT. Make it for about the same money as the regular 650i GC.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/24/2013-audi-rs6-avant-w-video/
post #9668 of 15773
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

RS6 wagon is insane, 0-60 in 3.8 secs. I wish BMW would do the logical thing and make my dream car by taking a 6er Gran Coupe and turning it into a 6-GT by adding a good looking 2-tier wagon rear end with a strong Hofmeister kink, and not messing with anything else. That'd be the perfect wagon, stock 650i GT. Make it for about the same money as the regular 650i GC.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/24/2013-audi-rs6-avant-w-video/

ive never been able to warm up to any wagon. the coupe or sedan version always looks infinitely better.
post #9669 of 15773
Cars with trunks are for working men. Cars with liftbacks are for men of leisure. If they have 4 doors and a liftback, then men of leisure with active testicles.
post #9670 of 15773
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Cars with trunks are for working men. Cars with liftbacks are for men of leisure. If they have 4 doors and a liftback, then men of leisure with active testicles.

lol8[1].gif

at least "liftback" sounds better than "station wagon"......but its still a station wagon.
post #9671 of 15773
I'm only 27 and I find myself preferring wagon/estate versions of most cars these days. It's too bad that the wagon has become something of a pariah in the States with the advent of the minivan then replaced by the crossover or full SUV.

I do see a bit of a resurgence of the wagon as people become more conscientious of MPG and driving dynamics, neither of which you get from minivans or SUVs.
post #9672 of 15773

ha, was just on cars.com checking availability of A6 and A4 avants, again. Supercharged 3.0T as a powerplant for the A6 is just so much more attractive than the 2.0T A4, not even same league as that beast but some tuning could improve things.

post #9673 of 15773

im a construction project manager, no need to own a truck as superintendants and foreman deal with that end, I'm more about shuffling back and forth to meetings and sites having room for weekend trips. I'd catch endless shit for driving a wagon as construction crews love to find any reason to bust your balls, but IMHO, wagons are great looking and the most practical design.

 

Side note, followed bmw 5GT on the ride in this morning, starting to love its ugliness.

post #9674 of 15773
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

RS6 wagon is insane, 0-60 in 3.8 secs. I wish BMW would do the logical thing and make my dream car by taking a 6er Gran Coupe and turning it into a 6-GT by adding a good looking 2-tier wagon rear end with a strong Hofmeister kink, and not messing with anything else. That'd be the perfect wagon, stock 650i GT. Make it for about the same money as the regular 650i GC.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/04/24/2013-audi-rs6-avant-w-video/

A 6 touring like CLS shooting brake would be sexy and if they decided to fit it with the 50d engine as well. inlove.gif

Bmw only sold 8xx E61 M5's, so I doubt they will make a F11 M5 and here in Europe the 550xd is a better deal, especially with a remap.



Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I'm only 27 and I find myself preferring wagon/estate versions of most cars these days.

I have been like that since I was 20. shog[1].gif
post #9675 of 15773
The new E63 Wagon looks sweet and goes 0-60 in 3.6s.

2014-mercedes-benz-e63-amg-wagon-ri_653.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!