or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 583

post #8731 of 15715
Man, see that ultra tragic accident in NYC that a BMW driver caused?
post #8732 of 15715
Yeah.. So fucked up. They fled the scene on foot and left the couple there to die.
post #8733 of 15715
They arrested the owner on insurance fraud. Looks like someone else was driving. Messed up.
post #8734 of 15715
Whaa. Interesting. I'd much rather prefer getting convicted of insurance fraud over manslaughter, though.
post #8735 of 15715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Man, see that ultra tragic accident in NYC that a BMW driver caused?
Link? I hadn't heard about this.
post #8736 of 15715
post #8737 of 15715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

They arrested the owner on insurance fraud. Looks like someone else was driving. Messed up.

 

 

The BMW’s owner, Takia Walker, 29, of the Bronx, was arrested on Sunday on charges of insurance fraud; she is accused of buying and registering the car under false pretenses. Mr. Hamilton said the woman and Mr. Acevedo did not know each other and that Mr. Acevedo had probably borrowed the car from a mutual friend.

 

 

That charge probably won't stick.  She probably bought the car for her boyfriend who in turn lent it to the douchebag

post #8738 of 15715
I hope someone here is ordering this package (AHP?):

http://autoblopnik.com/2013/03/04/bmw-unveils-428i-ass-hat-edition/
Quote:
BMW today took the wraps off the first special edition of the upcoming 4-series coupe, the 428i Asshat Edition.

Aimed at traditional 3-series coupe buyers, the 428i Asshat Edition features gloss black or flat gray paint, a lowered suspension, 30″ chrome-clad alloy wheels rims with 255/10R30 Toyo Spine Destroyer tires, 5,000 watt stereo with quadruple subwoofers, deep-tinted windows that automatically open when the stereo volume is above 30%, and a Smoker’s Package. Turn signals have been eliminated, as they are considered unnecessary by the 428i Asshat Edition’s target buyers.

The 428i Asshat Edition will be powered by the same 240 horsepower turbocharged 4-cylinder found in the 328i, but will feature the buyer’s choice of “435i” or “M4″ trunk badges. Options include Radick Cruise Control, which detects cars in the left lane, blows past them on the right, then resumes a speed 2 MPH slower than however fast that car was going.

The 435i Asshat Edition will be available exclusively to single male customers under the age of 35 on a 24-month lease with monthly payments of $799 or 2/3rds of the lessor’s Home Electronics Superstore paycheck, whichever is greater.
post #8739 of 15715
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post

I hope someone here is ordering this package (AHP?):

http://autoblopnik.com/2013/03/04/bmw-unveils-428i-ass-hat-edition/

Should be a 60 month lease with 50%+ balloon, Needs matte black. Lane detection system sounds good if I can option  it up with a "cut off any vehicle going faster" feature & or a gizmo that enables the horn any time a light has been green for more than 0.1 seconds and the car is doing less than 50k's/hr.

Will the sales assistant help me come up with a personalised plate? as kikr (I actually saw this today...) & 2qik are already taken.

post #8740 of 15715
Is "FASTBMW" taken already?

Instead of lane detection, it will have lane avoidance, as that works in concert with the indicator delete so you can swerve all over the freeway without signaling. Also, I heard DriveLogic has 4 modes: Eco, Sport, SportPlus, and FlatOut. When FlatOut is activated, the number of your Twitter followers will double temporarily, while every Miata within a 3km radius will be disabled so they can't pass you.
post #8741 of 15715
Ferrari have designed a sweet looking ride here. But WTF, they named it "LaFerrari"??

950bhp hybrid drivetrain, they're using a derivative of KERS F1 technology. Top speed is in excess of 217mph, production run of 499.











post #8742 of 15715
Check out this $3m+ Lambo.... how can you design a car to look this bad? Its beyond belief.






post #8743 of 15715
post #8744 of 15715
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Check out this $3m+ Lambo.... how can you design a car to look this bad? Its beyond belief.

Wait, Bad?

It is everything a Lambo show-car should be: angry, spaceship looking, with so many fins and spoilers and rocket launchers that batman looks at it and feels impotent. Its not a production model (at least not in serious numbers, 3 I think was the claimed run) its just a design that nods towards every bedroom wall and middle aged man who picks Green or Orange from their paint charts. Its a big "Fuck you" to N-CAP ratings and people with tape measures claiming that the bumper isn't bouncy enough.
post #8745 of 15715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

Wait, Bad?

It is everything a Lambo show-car should be: angry, spaceship looking, with so many fins and spoilers and rocket launchers that batman looks at it and feels impotent. Its not a production model (at least not in serious numbers, 3 I think was the claimed run) its just a design that nods towards every bedroom wall and middle aged man who picks Green or Orange from their paint charts. Its a big "Fuck you" to N-CAP ratings and people with tape measures claiming that the bumper isn't bouncy enough.

It looks like 3 different cars glued together. And those wheels? Horrific. I used to have that Countach poster, so I'm one of them... that car is no Countach and looks like absolute shit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!