or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 573

post #8581 of 15753
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.autogespot.com/stolen-porsche-997-gt3-rs-4.0-is-completely-stripped 

It might be possible that the owner of this car decides to rebuild the car.

LMFAO
post #8582 of 15753
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

New McLaren P1 "hyper-car" reported to have a hybrid engine with a combined output of 903 HP.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/mclaren-p1-engine-power-903bhp-revealed-2013-02-20


That paint job must add at least 10 mph to it's top speed. FACT.
post #8583 of 15753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That paint job must add at least 10 mph to it's top speed. FACT.

I think it's a vinyl wrap...adds too much weight. SLOW CAR! laugh.gif

You probably know this already; it's often used on test and pre-production cars which have not yet been introduced at a car show to "camouflage" the exact shape and lines of the car when such "spy shots" are taken.
post #8584 of 15753
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I think it's a vinyl wrap...adds too much weight. SLOW CAR! laugh.gif

You probably know this already; it's often used on test and pre-production cars which have not yet been introduced at a car show to "camouflage" the exact shape and lines of the car when such "spy shots" are taken.

Yup. Used to see cars in the Detroit area all the time with their lines hid in various ways.
post #8585 of 15753
post #8586 of 15753
post #8587 of 15753
Need to interrupt the Kraut-fest with a JDM public service announcement.

Picked up my dream car last Fall - '95 Supra TT 6 speed bone stock (cept for wheels, which are currently barf). Even though people gloss over the stock performance of these things I'm thoroughly happy coming from a 90s Ford Taurus daily driver. Awesome powerband for both city and highway driving cause of the sequential twins and stays neck and neck with the E46 M3s and recent S4s that I've come across. I've come to realize the Supra spoiler might as well be a fishing lure.

Will be a few years until I take it to the 600hp single turbo / e85 mark. Unless I hit the lotto. Then it's Vin Diesel time. Come Spring the first order of business is a wide-arch carbon fiber front/rear fenders to allow for 10 inch wheels up front, 13s in the back. Likely going with a set of Work Meister S1s once that's complete. By year's end I'll add exhaust / boost electronics to reach 420hp on the stock twins.



post #8588 of 15753
^ Very nice. So clean! Got any more interior pics?
post #8589 of 15753
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post


Will be a few years until I take it to the 600hp single turbo / e85 mark.]
you can always, like, overnight a bunch of parts from Japan
post #8590 of 15753
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post

^ Very nice. So clean! Got any more interior pics?

Kinda... here's the console and the engine bay. Take my word that it's spotless. Black, too.





HRoi, I live my life a quarter mile at a time.
post #8591 of 15753
That's a super clean Supra. Didn't think any more of those could be found haha. Getting supra rare...shog[1].gif
post #8592 of 15753

damn

post #8593 of 15753
Nice find, HD.
post #8594 of 15753
Nice. I don't doubt its spotless, I'm just a whore for interiors.
post #8595 of 15753
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post

Need to interrupt the Kraut-fest with a JDM public service announcement.

Picked up my dream car last Fall - '95 Supra TT 6 speed bone stock (cept for wheels, which are currently barf). Even though people gloss over the stock performance of these things I'm thoroughly happy coming from a 90s Ford Taurus daily driver. Awesome powerband for both city and highway driving cause of the sequential twins and stays neck and neck with the E46 M3s and recent S4s that I've come across. I've come to realize the Supra spoiler might as well be a fishing lure.

Will be a few years until I take it to the 600hp single turbo / e85 mark. Unless I hit the lotto. Then it's Vin Diesel time. Come Spring the first order of business is a wide-arch carbon fiber front/rear fenders to allow for 10 inch wheels up front, 13s in the back. Likely going with a set of Work Meister S1s once that's complete. By year's end I'll add exhaust / boost electronics to reach 420hp on the stock twins.



 

Wowsers!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!