or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 558

post #8356 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC (Houston) View Post

Hmmm, anyone want to suggest some tasteful dark-colored rims for me?






factory BMW 215 wheels. My buddy just bought a set of 4 in 21" for his X5.
post #8357 of 14920
Jesus Christ, how old are you guys, talking about fucking drag racing and shit? I mean seriously?
post #8358 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Jesus Christ, how old are you guys, talking about fucking drag racing and shit? I mean seriously?

Heh, my buddy with the M3 is in his early 60s.
post #8359 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by bings View Post



factory BMW 215 wheels. My buddy just bought a set of 4 in 21" for his X5.

I feel ambivalent towards this rims.. sometimes I love em, sometimes I hate em.
post #8360 of 14920
do your research if you are trying to fit BMW wheels to a Range Rover. a lot of things have to work - bolt pattern, offsets, load ratings, etc.
post #8361 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Heh, my buddy with the M3 is in his early 60s.

lulz, that is pretty sad..
post #8362 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

lulz, that is pretty sad..

He seems pretty happy. I mean, he's a douche in an M3, but he's a good guy. wink.gif (He also reminds me of a Banty rooster as he's a little guy, really thin, mane of white hair, and a big personality. I love this guy.)

Seriously, you don't like drag racing? I love it.
post #8363 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Seriously, you don't like drag racing? I love it.
you should get a proper drag racing car then nod[1].gif
post #8364 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

you should get a proper drag racing car then nod[1].gif

Still trying to talk Mrs. Piob into that 2013 Viper. I don't see that happening though.
post #8365 of 14920
the C63 AMG (even better if you can swing the Black Series) is a great drag racing car that she can probably stomach since you're both Mercedes fans.

absolutely brilliant of AMG repositioning their cars as basically German muscle cars instead of trying to beat BMW M at its own game
post #8366 of 14920
I'm not so sure about that ... Except for the M1 and the E30 M3, every other M car has been about stuffing a big engine into an existing chassis. Sure the suspension and brakes have been beefed up, but Munich has not been shy about using the muscle car formula. And why not? I just wish more companies were less reticent to stick Chevy LS engines or their equivalent into their cars.
post #8367 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post

I'm not so sure about that ... Except for the M1 and the E30 M3, every other M car has been about stuffing a big engine into an existing chassis. Sure the suspension and brakes have been beefed up, but Munich has not been shy about using the muscle car formula. And why not? I just wish more companies were less reticent to stick Chevy LS engines or their equivalent into their cars.
i guess what i'm saying is that i wouldn't call a car without huge low-end torque a muscle car. while you are right that M cars have relatively larger engines than their platform mates, they are more known for developing power in a smooth, free-revving manner and having the best chassis balance. that's not at all where AMG went - they care a lot less about balance but they are doing things like stuffing a 6.2L V8 into a compact car.
post #8368 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Seriously, you don't like drag racing? I love it.

I've surprised several boy racers with the S. lol
post #8369 of 14920
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

do your research if you are trying to fit BMW wheels to a Range Rover. a lot of things have to work - bolt pattern, offsets, load ratings, etc.

Thanks.

And thanks Bings for the suggestion. Love the color, not sure about the spoke pattern tho.
post #8370 of 14920
I just bought an E90 M3 sedan last month and it's pretty spectacular thus far.

Room full of parts waiting to go on when the spring comes to make up for some of the weaknesses in the car.

The Audi S4, considering how much cheaper it is, is probably the better option for 80% of buyers in the market though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!