or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 542

post #8116 of 13543
Depends on what you'd consider too expensive. I have a 2001 (non m) and pay about 1500-2000 a year in maintenance and fixing stuff. Gas and insurance are very reasonable
post #8117 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Not too dissimilar from the c5 or c6 really. I'm still not a fan of that rear end though, c5 remains king for me.

Has there ever been a vette that doesnt rattle and squeak you to death after 10k miles on the odo?

I rode in one a few years ago, what a bag of bolts.
post #8118 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post

Has there ever been a vette that doesnt rattle and squeak you to death after 10k miles on the odo?

I rode in one a few years ago, what a bag of bolts.

You say the stupidest things.
post #8119 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Depends on what you'd consider too expensive. I have a 2001 (non m) and pay about 1500-2000 a year in maintenance and fixing stuff. Gas and insurance are very reasonable

Wow, you are either having bad luck with your car in particular or the mean time to failure for BMW components is longer than I have ever kept one!
post #8120 of 13543
May be on the slightly higher side, but that's pretty standard for an older BMW if you want to take care of it.
post #8121 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Not too dissimilar from the c5 or c6 really. I'm still not a fan of that rear end though, c5 remains king for me.

I prefer the new ZR1.

post #8122 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post

Wow, you are either having bad luck with your car in particular or the mean time to failure for BMW components is longer than I have ever kept one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djh View Post

May be on the slightly higher side, but that's pretty standard for an older BMW if you want to take care of it.
Yeah, it's a 13 year old car and parts are starting to reach the end of their life. The biggest components are still in excellent working order with no issues (drivetrain, chassis and body, major electrical) but other stuff just wears out.

The main issue is cost of components - for instance the last major repairs I did were to replace the brakes (rotors, lines and pads) and the O2 sensor and a couple of other sensors that I forget which ones. Total repair bill was about a grand including labor, and I thought I got a deal considering what I thought it would cost.

With that said, I actually doubt that performing the same repairs on a Honda or Toyota would be much cheaper, but I am not well informed on those marques
post #8123 of 13543
^I love paying employee cost on parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You say the stupidest things.

You should see his posts in other threads lol8[1].gif

That vette looks like they stole too many cues off the italia.
post #8124 of 13543
My first thought was F12
post #8125 of 13543
^ Thats a bad thing?

That is maybe the first American car I would happily drive as a European. Mind you, the cost of fuel would cripple me in under a mile.
post #8126 of 13543
The outgoing corvette is surprisingly fuel efficient as long as you do mostly highway driving. The V8 loafs around at low rpms at those speeds
post #8127 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

The outgoing corvette is surprisingly fuel efficient as long as you do mostly highway driving. The V8 loafs around at low rpms at those speeds

But apparently is a rattle trap after 9999 miles. laugh.gif
post #8128 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

C7 Stingray

When I first saw that picture I thought "Nissan GTR". For the back mostly.

It looks a bit busy, but it probably is going to be an excellent car.
post #8129 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

But apparently is a rattle trap after 9999 miles. laugh.gif

lol8[1].gif
post #8130 of 13543
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Depends on what you'd consider too expensive. I have a 2001 (non m) and pay about 1500-2000 a year in maintenance and fixing stuff. Gas and insurance are very reasonable

That's about what I pay too for a 2000 E46 328Ci. This year's starting out expensive though as the oil pan gasket has finally died (143k miles), and that requires dropping the front subframe to replace a $35 part. The diff mounts are gone, too, but those will wait for another day. I do my own brakes, and that does save a lot of money. And then there are the neverending list of tempting mods ... the most recent one is swapping in the M54B30 manifold for the stock one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!