or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 531

post #7951 of 14085
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuyLe View Post



Alpina E38s without deco kit decals are amazing, I'd still like one, the lines are just perfect for the 20"s, the front spoiler is just barely there but a low enough. That L7 with just the Alpina rims though, those are a dime a dozen in Asia, would rather an L7 ride on stock donuts. Old man's car. There are a gaggle of them in Korea, maybe 3 or 4 dozen, because they had some sort of ASEAN or APEC function in Korea 10 years ago and BMW gifted them and then sold them used later and you see them around all the time.
post #7952 of 14085
Deleted
post #7953 of 14085
They aren't fake, they are just temporary after a vehicule is sold in Germany, you aren't allowed to drive more than 2 weeks with it (hence the little date on the right), and they come with insurance for that period.

The first letters before the little badge on German plates is determined by the city you register the car in. Like M for Munich, B for Berlin, HH for (Hansa) Hamburg, etc... I just checked here and FN is for Friedrichshafen which is located... somewhere in the South.
post #7954 of 14085
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuyLe View Post

They aren't fake, they are just temporary after a vehicule is sold in Germany, you aren't allowed to drive more than 2 weeks with it (hence the little date on the right), and they come with insurance for that period.
The first letters before the little badge on German plates is determined by the city you register the car in. Like M for Munich, B for Berlin, HH for (Hansa) Hamburg, etc... I just checked here and FN is for Friedrichshafen which is located... somewhere in the South.

Yeah, I was confused by the FN until I searched for it. Mine start with an M, as has every other Euro delivery BMW I've seen. You can actually request longer times than 2 weeks - I think up to 6 months actually.

EDIT: Oh so even cars sold new in Germany come with the orange plates? I thought they were all temp plates for cars to be exported.
post #7955 of 14085
This thread is dumb as fuck now.
post #7956 of 14085
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

on a different note, my boy's rs4
83EcYl.jpg?1

I don't like the wheels.
post #7957 of 14085
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

This thread is dumb as fuck now.

Cheer up there.
post #7958 of 14085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I don't like the wheels.

I like the wheels and fit is perfect, dislike the car (lol), can't figure out what they are. Guessing some sort of exclusive BBS race mag mesh on custom barrels.
post #7959 of 14085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I don't like the wheels.

i had a guy in an rs4 pull up next to me yesterday and scream "fuck yeah dude!". Is that a b7? no b8 rs4's here sadly.
post #7960 of 14085
I'd love to get a E38 740i Sport but the RWD kills it for my parents frown.gif

The prices for E38's in general are incredibly low. Looking at a 2000 740i (non sport but has the M-Parallel wheels) in my favorite gray color, under 80k miles, and under $8k.
post #7961 of 14085
That RS4 looks great. Nicely modified without overdoing it, unlike most modded cars in SoCal
post #7962 of 14085
Could the S65 engine in the E92 M3 make it a classic in the years to come?

I don't see BMW ever putting in another V8 in an M3/M4, unless they somehow develop some amazingly fuel-efficient V8s.. but even then, the smaller turbocharged engine variants of the future should still theoretically blow any 'fuel efficient' V8 out of the water in terms of efficiency.

Also, heard rumors of BMW developing an electric-powered turbocharger.. should be interesting.
post #7963 of 14085
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post

i had a guy in an rs4 pull up next to me yesterday and scream "fuck yeah dude!". Is that a b7? no b8 rs4's here sadly.

There's a video on youtube with a Daytona b8 rs4 avant at a cars and coffee meet, I haven't seen on the flesh yet, but it seems that Audi haven't don't a lot to promote it, so not a lot of people know of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

I like the wheels and fit is perfect, dislike the car (lol), can't figure out what they are. Guessing some sort of exclusive BBS race mag mesh on custom barrels.

I don't think they are bbs's as they look concave, they are most likely some sort of botique brand.
post #7964 of 14085
Wheels look like Work
post #7965 of 14085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

There's a video on youtube with a Daytona b8 rs4 avant at a cars and coffee meet, I haven't seen on the flesh yet, but it seems that Audi haven't don't a lot to promote it, so not a lot of people know of it.
I don't think they are bbs's as they look concave, they are most likely some sort of botique brand.

the face is too detailed to be a boutique wheel. The boutique brands have flatter faces than Kim Jong Un

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Wheels look like Work

I thought that initially, maybe Equip M1 or Rezax, but the spokes are more attractive and I don't see any rivets.... they must be hidden behind the face
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!