or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 408

post #6106 of 14805
Sad thing is:

I can afford:
997 Porsche GT2

I can't afford:
seemingly(?) expensive bicycle hobby
ugly ass rims for the sake of having ugly ass rims
post #6107 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Can't decide whether to liquidate some assets and get the Phantom, or get this Geo Metro I've had my eye on. The only requirement is that it needs to fit my bicycle.

Please tell me this is a joke mocking the last guy that was debating a Bentley vs. Geo Prizm.

I love seeing the cars that people really drive or other people's dream cars that I otherwise would not be exposed to due to their rarity.

But if you're looking for advice. Don't bull shit everyone with unrealistic expectations. Don't bull shit yourself with unrealistic expectations. If you want advice about a Geo Metro because that's what's in your budget, go ahead and ask for advice. I'm sure there are a couple Geo owners on here who can give you advice. But don't start your post by saying that your other choice is a Rolls Royce Phantom. No one will give you serious advice if you don't have a serious question.

In regards to your latter post: If you can afford a GT2, but can't afford a Mountain bike- get your damn finances in order and buy the Geo Metro. No woman (or guy if that's how you roll) is coming home with if you have a Phantom but can't afford to move out of your Mom's house.

On a side note, who drives a Phantom!?!? If you've got the cash for a Phantom , you better have the cash for a chauffeur!
post #6108 of 14805
Me thinks you wandered in here unawares of the players involved...
post #6109 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by raneym305 View Post

Please tell me this is a joke mocking the last guy that was debating a Bentley vs. Geo Prizm.
I love seeing the cars that people really drive or other people's dream cars that I otherwise would not be exposed to due to their rarity.
But if you're looking for advice. Don't bull shit everyone with unrealistic expectations. Don't bull shit yourself with unrealistic expectations. If you want advice about a Geo Metro because that's what's in your budget, go ahead and ask for advice. I'm sure there are a couple Geo owners on here who can give you advice. But don't start your post by saying that your other choice is a Rolls Royce Phantom. No one will give you serious advice if you don't have a serious question.
In regards to your latter post: If you can afford a GT2, but can't afford a Mountain bike- get your damn finances in order and buy the Geo Metro. No woman (or guy if that's how you roll) is coming home with if you have a Phantom but can't afford to move out of your Mom's house.
On a side note, who drives a Phantom!?!? If you've got the cash for a Phantom , you better have the cash for a chauffeur!

while this is good advice, the age old question still stands...Geo Vs. Rolls Royce. anyone who owns a car has dealt with this decision. Not to be taken lightly....










or serious.
post #6110 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

while this is good advice, the age old question still stands...Geo Vs. Rolls Royce. anyone who owns a car has dealt with this decision. Not to be taken lightly....
or serious.

It's a decision a wrestle with on a daily basis.
post #6111 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Can't decide whether to liquidate some assets and get the Phantom, or get this Geo Metro I've had my eye on. The only requirement is that it needs to fit my bicycle.

crackup[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post

If you were StyFo Baller, you'd do this:

Google Jon Olsson wink.gif




olsson3600.jpg
olsson5600.jpg
olsson600.jpg
xlarge.jpg

The R8 is all carbon PPi wide body.
post #6112 of 14805
I hadn't seen the gtr before, I'm normally All for the Audi but that's my pick of the 4, minus the massive gold initials
post #6113 of 14805

I drive a 2000 VW Jetta with 225 000 kms on it.  Gets me where I want to go, good handling, reasonably reliable and reasonably good on gas.  Plus, being a bit beat up as it is, I don't have to treat it with kid gloves.  And having an old beater of a car means that I have more money to spend on important things like shoes.

 

My real baby is one of these though:

51-large.jpg

post #6114 of 14805
Got a repair question for you guys and it doesn't warrant its own thread: I've got an 05 Toyota Corolla that I need to change out the spark plugs on. There are about 6 different types of spark plugs available, apparently. What type should I choose for a car like this? Obviously, I don't need the ultra high end ones, but should I spring for something above the cheapest ones?
post #6115 of 14805

do you know if you need to set the gap?

post #6116 of 14805

either way, cheap plugs are fine, in my experience

post #6117 of 14805

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Got a repair question for you guys and it doesn't warrant its own thread: I've got an 05 Toyota Corolla that I need to change out the spark plugs on. There are about 6 different types of spark plugs available, apparently. What type should I choose for a car like this? Obviously, I don't need the ultra high end ones, but should I spring for something above the cheapest ones?

 

oem is the way to go

the owners manual may spec a plug

 

these look like the oem

from the manual

 

Spark plug type:1ZZ-FE engineDENSOSK16R11NGKIFR5A112ZZ-GE engineDENSOSK20R11NGKIFR6A11Spark plug gap, mm(in.):1.1(0.043)

 

 

 

   
Edited by Arthur PE - 7/17/12 at 5:43pm
post #6118 of 14805

Arthur PE is to this thread what Whodini is to the "I have a jean" thread. cheers.gif

post #6119 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

do you know if you need to set the gap?

No clue what this means. My first time attempting such an operation. The AAA guy recommended them after I changed out my battery and the car was still shaking like a leaf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyVanBuren View Post

either way, cheap plugs are fine, in my experience

Ah, good to know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur PE View Post

oem is the way to go
the owners manual may spec a plug

these look like the oem
from the manual

Spark plug type:
1ZZ-FE engine
DENSOSK16R11
NGKIFR5A11

2ZZ-GE engine
DENSOSK20R11
NGKIFR6A11


Spark plug gap, mm(in.):
1.1(0.043)
  

Art, buddy, this might as well be in German.
post #6120 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

No clue what this means. My first time attempting such an operation. The AAA guy recommended them after I changed out my battery and the car was still shaking like a leaf.

In that case, I'd recommend finding a buddy that knows basic car maintenance and buying them a 6-pack if you aren't somewhat mechanically-inclined in general.

Though simple, there are a few things a novice can do with a spark plug change that can result in some serious damage... Tightening too much and stripping the spark plug socket theads, tightening too little and having the plug blow out of its socket, cross-threading the spark plug, etc.

But if you are wanting to try it, here's what Arthur tried to post, short of the formatting issues...

Spark plugs: NGK is the brand; IFR6A11 or IFR5A11 is the model #. Just ask the guy at the pep boys counter. Hell just give him your car model, make and year and they'll pull up a list of compatible plugs.

As for the gap, you will need a gap tool to set it.. Search youtube for 'spark plug gap' and it should explain it pretty well.

Hand-thread the spark plug into the socket to avoid cross-threading, then use a torque wrench to torque to spec.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!