or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 393

post #5881 of 14737
This is my baby.

dsc0158fv.jpg
post #5882 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

I might be wrong, but I probably have one of the ten nicest E46 M3s on North American roads. It turns heads now than it ever did.
It's pretty sweet. I have an appointment with Turner to get their reinforcements put in.
I recently decided to keep it and simply pick a less practical car to go with it at some point.
add me to the list of ppl who'd like to see pics.

Chris Harris guested on a car show recently (forgot which) and tried to make the argument that more tech is actually starting to make cars worse. his argument that the e46 m3 is basically the pinnacle and then it was all downhill with higher performance but less driver "connection" (my words, not his) from there.

doesn't make me feel particularly good as a e90 owner but I do see what he's on about. I'm keeping my 330ci mainly because it's worth more to me than it could ever be to someone else, but there is something about the way it drives that's....missing in more modern cars. except the 458 Italia.
post #5883 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

add me to the list of ppl who'd like to see pics.
Chris Harris guested on a car show recently (forgot which) and tried to make the argument that more tech is actually starting to make cars worse. his argument that the e46 m3 is basically the pinnacle and then it was all downhill with higher performance but less driver "connection" (my words, not his) from there.
doesn't make me feel particularly good as a e90 owner but I do see what he's on about. I'm keeping my 330ci mainly because it's worth more to me than it could ever be to someone else, but there is something about the way it drives that's....missing in more modern cars. except the 458 Italia.
<3 chris harris
post #5884 of 14737
10 years later, all I see is this: the E46 M3 would've looked so not try-hard and so much more overachieving if you put all of that into the wagon package. redface.gif
post #5885 of 14737

These at home (daily giving my track car a hand...)

 

283729_10151033932824976_1438705294_n.jpg

 

 

This when I visited the US of A... (I didn't want a convertible!)

 

380342_10150965832074976_118520194_n.jpg

post #5886 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownsoccer22 View Post

This is my baby.
dsc0158fv.jpg

Don't like the car. But I like the picture it self, photoshop?

post #5887 of 14737
.
Edited by F. Corbera - 7/8/12 at 8:36am
post #5888 of 14737

^ What year? It looks really great and clean mate!

post #5889 of 14737
The RAC's are 'Neez' in Japan. They're of good quality and forged on the same forges as many name brand wheels (there's only a very small number (2?) of wheel forges here as they're multi-million dollar machines) , but the NEEZ brand itself is horribly misguided and needs some management or a restructure of some sort.
post #5890 of 14737
.
Edited by F. Corbera - 7/8/12 at 8:36am
post #5891 of 14737
.
Edited by F. Corbera - 7/8/12 at 8:36am
post #5892 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Corbera View Post

Here's an older pic, but it looks exactly the same today:
i-GG8SrGf-X2.jpg
Performance modifications: Ground Control systems double adjustable coilover suspension with camber plates. Ground Control front and rear adjustable anti-swaybars. Wheels are 19” RAC Monolite RG-4s, cold forged in Japan and purpose built for the E46 M3, running Michelin Super Sports (check out the offset in the rear in the photograph…front is similarly perfect.) The wheel/tire combo is much lighter than stock, so lower unsprung weight. AFE cold air intake (I had the MAF bell re-machined for smoother airflow, and also had it the exterior of the bell Jet Hot thermal barrier coated.) Conforti engine management software. Eisennman exhaust. Autosolutions "ultimate" short shifter. 4.10 rear differential (not aftermarket, but the M version of the stock 3.62) Brembo GT brakes all around. Rogue Engineering power pulleys and transmission mounts.
Cosmetic: The interior is imola red and black. Many of the North American plastic interior bits have been replaced with nappa leather pieces from BMW Individual in Germany, e.g., the dash, center console, seatbacks are leather rather than plastic. Steering wheel is bicolor black and imola red, also something from BMW Individual and was not available for American-speced cars. Front bumper cover was replaced with the European version without side reflectors. Nothing obvious unless you look closely and know your M3s.
whoa, that looks excellent B

the RAC/Neez guys really know their stuff - i've been trying to get my offsets to look like that but have become pretty frustrated with it. i'm currently running a set of BBS LM's that are supposedly the right size for the M but i think it needs to come out a little to have the stance look more like yours. did they get the wheel weights under 20 lbs for 19's? there really hasn't been anything in that weight range except for ugly Volks and Oz's.
post #5893 of 14737
The RG-4s are 22.5lbs +37 offset fronts, and 23lbs +25 offset rears...about the same weight as the CSL wheels were, but a half inch wider.

297

For a small deposit, you can get a fit testing kit for Rogue hubcentric spacers if you want to see how different spacer offsets look with your LMs:

http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogue/WH/WSPACER.html

The RS-110s were RACs light race wheel for the E46...if I remember correctly, 18lbs.

263

Some sets were staggered, others square for the serious trackies.
post #5894 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Don't like the car. But I like the picture it self, photoshop?

Yea a little bit of editing.
post #5895 of 14737
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

10 years later, all I see is this: the E46 M3 would've looked so not try-hard and so much more overachieving if you put all of that into the wagon package. redface.gif

Hmmm.. E46 M3 wagon...?

NOOOO.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!