or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 305

post #4561 of 14197
why would you look at Smarts after buying a DB9? that's like marrying Mila Kunis and cruising for tired old hookers in the bar during your honeymoon, for "variety"
post #4562 of 14197
Audi A3 TDi would be a cool beater next to a DB9.
post #4563 of 14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

why would you look at Smarts after buying a DB9? that's like marrying Mila Kunis and cruising for tired old hookers in the bar during your honeymoon, for "variety"

lol, good analogy
post #4564 of 14197

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

why would you look at Smarts after buying a DB9? that's like marrying Mila Kunis and cruising for tired old hookers in the bar during your honeymoon, for "variety"

 

I want a second car that I would drive to work or when I want to go somewere fast. And that wont drink that much, i'm not selling the db9 man, lol.

post #4565 of 14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

why would you look at Smarts after buying a DB9? that's like marrying Mila Kunis and cruising for tired old hookers in the bar during your honeymoon, for "variety"

Driving a DB9 for your daily grind commute is like inviting Catrinel Menghia over, having a glass of wine, and when she seductively asks what you'd like to do now, answering "Hey, would you help me clean out my garage?"

You don't bring home a super model to cook and clean, and you don't buy an Aston Martin to slog back and forth to work.
post #4566 of 14197

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post


Driving a DB9 for your daily grind commute is like inviting Catrinel Menghia over, having a glass of wine, and when she seductively asks what you'd like to do now, answering "Hey, would you help me clean out my garage?"
You don't bring home a super model to cook and clean, and you don't buy an Aston Martin to slog back and forth to work.

 

exactly, the guys thought I were selling the db9 to get a smart car.... 

post #4567 of 14197
A Cygnet would be a funny garage mate for your DB-9 but those are actually hideous. A3,WRX or VW R32 would be a best bet;a couple years old you can find them for decent money, still quick and fun to drive, all-wheel drive for snow days and a hatchback for room to carry
post #4568 of 14197
I want a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe and if spent the money I'd drive it daily... Then again if I could afford it, I could afford to have it shinny all the time with hopefully garage parking at work and home... But then again our gas is not insane like some parts of the world yet.
post #4569 of 14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtS90 View Post

I want a Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe and if spent the money I'd drive it daily... Then again if I could afford it, I could afford to have it shinny all the time with hopefully garage parking at work and home... But then again our gas is not insane like some parts of the world yet.

Well you live in Florida and not sweden, where it's winter 9 months of the year.

There's a guy in Copenhagen who drives his CL65 every day.
post #4570 of 14197
I would love to have more then 10 days below 50, lol... But that Rolls just screams Florida cruiser to me, the ultimate in comfort and luxury. I would still need a track focused Porsche or Ferrari to match the Rolls though.
post #4571 of 14197
I will happily trade with you.

It's the warmest day, this year today 20C.
post #4572 of 14197

As Finn wrote, the weather here is awfull, 3 months of joy only. People who have expensive cars as ferrari cancell the insurance on them and dont drive them for rest of the year and have a normal car as Volvo (that's very very normal here)

 

I will buy a volvo xc90 or something like that for crazy days as I can't use the GTS so often, but that have to wait it's nice weather now and DB9 24/7 happy.gif

post #4573 of 14197
Quote:
Originally Posted by epb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

why would you look at Smarts after buying a DB9? that's like marrying Mila Kunis and cruising for tired old hookers in the bar during your honeymoon, for "variety"

Driving a DB9 for your daily grind commute is like inviting Catrinel Menghia over, having a glass of wine, and when she seductively asks what you'd like to do now, answering "Hey, would you help me clean out my garage?"

You don't bring home a super model to cook and clean, and you don't buy an Aston Martin to slog back and forth to work.
naw, I don't see it that way. if you start dating Catrinel, you want to ride her as frequently as possible. you don't want her to be lying in bed, freshly showered in her best lingerie, all day while you just look in on her from time to time.

and even if you don't want to ride her everyday to preserve the "mileage" on her (lol8[1].gif ) you certainly don't want to ride a 2 or a 3 in her place. at least find a 7 or 8.

trust me, I've been there. I didn't want to put miles on my GT3 when I first bought it, plus, I do need a backseat fairly often. but my other car was such a huge step down in performance and everything I wanted out of driving, that within a few months I upgraded to an M3.

Sir F, all I'm saying is that coming from a 997 Turbo and now a DB9, you'll hate yourself driving around in the Smart. at least get something more fun to drive. that's all
post #4574 of 14197

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


naw, I don't see it that way. if you start dating Catrinel, you want to ride her as frequently as possible. you don't want her to be lying in bed, freshly showered in her best lingerie, all day while you just look in on her from time to time.
and even if you don't want to ride her everyday to preserve the "mileage" on her (lol8[1].gif ) you certainly don't want to ride a 2 or a 3 in her place. at least find a 7 or 8.
trust me, I've been there. I didn't want to put miles on my GT3 when I first bought it, plus, I do need a backseat fairly often. but my other car was such a huge step down in performance and everything I wanted out of driving, that within a few months I upgraded to an M3.
Sir F, all I'm saying is that coming from a 997 Turbo and now a DB9, you'll hate yourself driving around in the Smart. at least get something more fun to drive. that's all

 

I'm going for volvo xc90 I think.

post #4575 of 14197
Why not a Q5 3.0tdi or a used X5 etc., I know there's some savings to be made on brand new cars insurance wise, but the XC90 looks like it did 10 years ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!