or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 249

post #3721 of 14568
Oh yeah, forgot about the IS convertible, that thing is horrific.

Forgot til just now, but I was at the doctor's yesterday and I was sitting there in the waiting room and they called for a Mr Hoshino and this guy got up and went in - and my wife (kinda into cars) realized who it was, took her iPhone and went on Google, and showed me it was this famous race driver. He is also the owner/founder of Hoshino Impul, you guys have maybe heard of it. They have made tuning parts for a really long time, and always ran Skylines in JGTC.
post #3722 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

987? Or ordered the new one?
Been enjoying the Z4 the past few days that's been warm here in Cali.

Does it need to be warm for driving with the top down?

I have on several occasions driven with the top down in below 0C weather, as long it isn't raining or snowing, you are good to go. smile.gif


I don't like the 458 spyder at all.
post #3723 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Oh yeah, forgot about the IS convertible, that thing is horrific.


talking about ugly Lexus SC
Lexus-SC-3.jpg
post #3724 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Does it need to be warm for driving with the top down?
I have on several occasions driven with the top down in below 0C weather, as long it isn't raining or snowing, you are good to go. smile.gif
If I had the SLK with the air scarf, I wouldn't mind driving in the cold (~50-60 degrees) with the top down. I'm from SoCal man, lower 50 degrees is freezing to me. shog[1].gif

It's a good sunny 75 degrees today and perfect for top down driving.


And I think the SC isn't such a bad car. With the roof up, it actually flows with the body and not awkward at all, can be easily mistaken for a coupe.
post #3725 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

If I had the SLK with the air scarf, I wouldn't mind driving in the cold (~50-60 degrees) with the top down. I'm from SoCal man, lower 50 degrees is freezing to me. shog[1].gif
It's a good sunny 75 degrees today and perfect for top down driving.

You don't need an airscarf, proper clothing, winddeflector and seatheating is more than enough, although it helps having Scandinavian genes. tongue.gif
post #3726 of 14568
Whats the point of driving with the top down if I have a puffer jacket with a scarf, beanie and gloves on? lol8[1].gif I can wait when the weather is good, which is often, benefits of living in SoCal. biggrin.gif
post #3727 of 14568
Because you CAN and driving around with the top down, on a sunny winters day is amazing.
post #3728 of 14568
Nah, too many layers just makes it more difficult to enjoy driving.
post #3729 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Because you CAN and driving around with the top down, on a sunny winters day is amazing.

I totally agree. I drive my convertible top-down all year long, as long as it's not raining. We don't get to freezing temperatures here, but it's easy to throw on a jacket and be perfectly comfortable.
post #3730 of 14568
so i'll be the pedantic car nerd who points out that the "E92 convertible" is actually the E93 teacha.gif

A Y was that a CCA event? or a corporate-run school? i've done driving schools and really want to try a CCA HPDE but i'm kinda chicken. good experience?
post #3731 of 14568
This week is the first week since October, where it's been 24/7 above 0C and a HOT summers days is 25-30C and that happens maybe 7 times a year, so you have to cherish when the sun shines.
post #3732 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Nah, too many layers just makes it more difficult to enjoy driving.

you haven't done it? you cannot judge about it?
post #3733 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntsman View Post

Man, you really go through a lot of cars.

The plan has been to keep the M Coupe (which I consider permanent), but rotate my second car every year, with the focus on trying something new or interesting (hence the Smart Fortwo and Fiat 500). My target has been to try all the various engines (3-cyl, 4-cyl, 5-cyl, etc) and layouts (front-engine, mid-engine, rear engine), I haven't owned a 5-cylinder, 10-cylinder or 12-cylinder yet, I haven't owned something AWD, and I haven't owned anything with a supercharger so far. The Boxster ticks the mid-engined box, though.

This past year, though, I went from the Solstice GXP (first turbo, and my first American car in 20 years) to Z3 Coupe (okay, nothing new, my 5th BMW, my 3rd Z-series) to Fiat 500 (Italian, new to the US) to Boxster S (my first mid-engine, 4th Porsche), and I'll agree that's a LOT. I'm hoping to run the Boxster for at least a year and a half).
post #3734 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

you haven't done it? you cannot judge about it?
I had a convertible for a brief period when in high school. Driving with the top down in winter was my favorite time for having it down. People thought I was foolish.
post #3735 of 14568
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

you haven't done it? you cannot judge about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I had a convertible for a brief period when in high school. Driving with the top down in winter was my favorite time for having it down. People thought I was foolish.

I know my attitude isn't common, but when inside the car I sort of see myself as being "indoors." I don't wear outergear while I drive, so even during a Chicago winter I'm not in the car with a jacket, hat, or gloves on. Sitting there driving with all that on would feel odd, even in a convertible. Top down season is over once the temperature is past the point where I'm not comfortable with the top and windows down (I hate seeing convertibles with the top down and windows up, though the worst is 4-seat convertible that have one rear window sticking up - what the?).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!