or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 203

post #3031 of 14201

or fundamental automotive performance engineering

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post


I was thinking the same thing...more Gran Turismo (video game) than Fast and the Furious.


 

post #3032 of 14201


the 'Ring is a reference, so any advantage, although reduced, will apply at anything <10/10th's

there is a reason so many test there...if you are not interested in performance (function), and only appearance (form), that's cool, but but don't denigrate those looking from the other perspective

many people track their cars, it's the reason I bought my 951, light, fast enough, handles well, balanced, and if I roll it up, no big deal

I track not to 'race' or be better than the next guy, but to be a better driver than when I started, and to explore limits not possible to do safely on the streets
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

dude, even road race nerds are as bad about that - look at Arthur PE's posts, he is basing everything on Nurburgring Nordschleife lap times. Who the fuck in America drives the Nurburgring? Give me a break.


 

post #3033 of 14201
Just got back to test driving the new 911 (991) and the car is a beauty in person. Interior is also nicely done, very Panamera-ish but this one felt more roomy. The PDK really is an amazing trans, probably the best auto out there, even better than BMWs DCT. Steering, felt a bit disappointed, the 997 felt much better. Still handled better than my Z4 but as for first impressions, 997 > 991 in that department. Everything else, 991 looks and feels better. I wish I could have driven it longer, maybe I'd go again this weekend and try the S.

Dude tried to convince me to trade in my Z4, I told him I don't even have my plates yet. lol8[1].gif
post #3034 of 14201
^ rfx make the trade devil.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur PE View Post

'persian bro', stick with something you know, like nothing

OH SNAP eek.gif

slap1.gif

I don't know how Jet can ever show his face in this thread again sweet burn bro lol8[1].gif
post #3035 of 14201
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Just got back to test driving the new 911 (991) and the car is a beauty in person. Interior is also nicely done, very Panamera-ish but this one felt more roomy. The PDK really is an amazing trans, probably the best auto out there, even better than BMWs DCT. Steering, felt a bit disappointed, the 997 felt much better. Still handled better than my Z4 but as for first impressions, 997 > 991 in that department. Everything else, 991 looks and feels better. I wish I could have driven it longer, maybe I'd go again this weekend and try the S.
Dude tried to convince me to trade in my Z4, I told him I don't even have my plates yet. lol8[1].gif

I saw my first 991 yesterday. Gorgeous car and sounded absolutely amazing. I hate all the badging on the rear though. I also may be in the minority on this one but I'm not a fan of the new interior. But I like my cars simple so...
post #3036 of 14201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur PE View Post


'persian bro', stick with something you know, like nothing

That's it I'm making popcorn lurker[1].gif
post #3037 of 14201
I get what you're saying, the interior looks like a cluster fuck from pics but once you sit inside, it really isn't as overwhelming and quite nice.
post #3038 of 14201
Chris Harris enthusiastically reviews the Toyota GT-86 (AKA Subaru BRZ AKA Scion FRS. JFC, we need a shorter way to refer to this car):

Now I'm really excited about this car.
post #3039 of 14201
havent seen the new 991, but if its like the Panamera, its fucking beautiful. The Panameras interior is one of the things that made me fall in love with that fugly car......that and how fucking fast and fun the turbo is haha
post #3040 of 14201
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

^ rfx make the trade devil.gif
OH SNAP eek.gif
slap1.gif
I don't know how Jet can ever show his face in this thread again sweet burn bro lol8[1].gif

Damn this du is one pussy hurt motherfucker on here, and to think he is a "mod" on a bmw forum lulz. I bet I could easily find him and his "i got tuv springs" drop in a couple of minutes with his piss yellow rs4 that he got on clearance.

Still has no idea about my suspension yet continues to talk out of his anus.

Still haven't seen 991 on the street.
post #3041 of 14201
haha just noticed he got mad i said theyre a dime a dozen. dont be such a little bitch arthur. grow a pair
post #3042 of 14201
The 991 looks really nice in person, needs to be in a dark color and with the optional 20"s though, preferably an S with the lower suspension and wheel-filling brakes.
Nothing beats that flat-bottomed flying fist look of the 993 C2S though, that car had great proportions. Tons of tire and wheel, but not clownish looking. Saw one coming down a mountain road last week.
post #3043 of 14201
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

The 991 looks really nice in person, needs to be in a dark color and with the optional 20"s though, preferably an S with the lower suspension and wheel-filling brakes.
Nothing beats that flat-bottomed flying fist look of the 993 C2S though, that car had great proportions. Tons of tire and wheel, but not clownish looking. Saw one coming down a mountain road last week.

I often see a black 993 S in absolute mint condition, such a beautiful car.
post #3044 of 14201
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post

Chris Harris enthusiastically reviews the Toyota GT-86 (AKA Subaru BRZ AKA Scion FRS. JFC, we need a shorter way to refer to this car):Now I'm really excited about this car.

Just saw this too. +1 on the excitement.

It will be mine one day, oh yes, it will be mine.
post #3045 of 14201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Still haven't seen 991 on the street.

It's been in the dealerships for a week or two now but they aren't allowed to sell them yet. I think they "officially" go out to the public on the 15th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

havent seen the new 991, but if its like the Panamera, its fucking beautiful. The Panameras interior is one of the things that made me fall in love with that fugly car......that and how fucking fast and fun the turbo is haha
xCIgr.jpg


Also, STI & TRD versions of the Toyobaru, just style/body-kit upgrades, not performance. I guess the FR-S is left out, so stupid of them to sell it as a Scion here in the US.
fRSPM.jpg
B4aaA.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!