or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1704

post #25546 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Ramu, to be frank, you do come off as a bit elitist at times. You certainly come off as knowledgeable but your way of showing that often comes off as trying to show others as not only incorrect, but stupid.

It's fixable though. Just be mindful of that.

I can fully see that. It's sort of me for better or for worse. I don't mean to be a dick and honestly would get along with you guys IRL. worship.gif

Really sorry, and don't have any issues with you. I also didn't grow up with a trust fund. I'm really opinionated and I'm abrasive, even to my close friends, who still put up with me. No excuses.
post #25547 of 26291
Oh no, they're discontinuing the Aussie El Camino?? frown.gif

It even had a delightfully stupid name - the Maloo. But I wish they had gone with the original name choice and forever called it the Holden Macaque
post #25548 of 26291
I always pictured the Crocodile Hunter driving one of those...and the bald guy from Midnight Oil getting upset over the mileage.
post #25549 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post


Actually, I'm pretty sure I'd get along with you, and most people on SF - some of whom I've met IRL.

I'm really intense on a first principles approach to STEM related things. I'm also fine watching football on Sundays, catching up with my friends on a lazy drive, and looking forward to the holidays smile.gif. It probably doesn't come across at all online.

:cheers:

post #25550 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

So ask yourself, how does a whiteboy with no degree, who can't read or write Japanese. find themselves in a room with engineers from across Japan, being taught 1 to 1 by MHI's head engineers? ?
 

 

You're white?

post #25551 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

You're white?

On SF, it's best to close your eyes and think everyone except Piob and a tenth of MC is Asian.

And another edit: Hell yeah - back in business: http://bmwfilms.com
Edited by ramuman - 10/4/16 at 2:21pm
post #25552 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

You're white?
post #25553 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post


I can fully see that. It's sort of me for better or for worse. I don't mean to be a dick and honestly would get along with you guys IRL. worship.gif

Really sorry, and don't have any issues with you. I also didn't grow up with a trust fund. I'm really opinionated and I'm abrasive, even to my close friends, who still put up with me. No excuses.

 

I have no problems with you either haha. Drop me a line if you're ever in the Boston area. We'll grab a brewski. 

I'm just saying what I said because I have the exact same issue as you do at times. I often come across as extremely stern and peeved in written messages, but I blame that on being taught how to write extremely formally most of the time as a kid. Oh well. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post


 

Thrift Vader Gaijin San

post #25554 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I have no problems with you either haha. Drop me a line if you're ever in the Boston area. We'll grab a brewski. 


I'm just saying what I said because I have the exact same issue as you do at times. I often come across as extremely stern and peeved in written messages, but I blame that on being taught how to write extremely formally most of the time as a kid. Oh well. 


Thrift Vader Gaijin San

I actually love the Boston attitude. It's actually not that different from here in many ways. I remember my first time there was with the company I was working for, which is HQ'ed in Boston. We went to Fenway and I got a call from my landlord saying my place was flooding. I was slowing working up to the front of the vendor line, get to the front and I'm still on the phone. The vendor goes (imagine in a Boston accent) 'you fuckin gonna order or what?' I went back during the 7th inning and he said 'ya know I was just giving you a hard time'. I loved that.
post #25555 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

I actually love the Boston attitude. It's actually not that different from here in many ways. I remember my first time there was with the company I was working for, which is HQ'ed in Boston. We went to Fenway and I got a call from my landlord saying my place was flooding. I was slowing working up to the front of the vendor line, get to the front and I'm still on the phone. The vendor goes (imagine in a Boston accent) 'you fuckin gonna order or what?' I went back during the 7th inning and he said 'ya know I was just giving you a hard time'. I loved that.

Haha I'd never claim to be from here even though I've been in the area for 6 years and in New England for a decade. I still say Philly tbh, even though that's a lie because I'm from the burbs.

Oh well.

That response is so typical though and I definitely think it's hilarious too.
post #25556 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

I actually love the Boston attitude. It's actually not that different from here in many ways. I remember my first time there was with the company I was working for, which is HQ'ed in Boston. We went to Fenway and I got a call from my landlord saying my place was flooding. I was slowing working up to the front of the vendor line, get to the front and I'm still on the phone. The vendor goes (imagine in a Boston accent) 'you fuckin gonna order or what?' I went back during the 7th inning and he said 'ya know I was just giving you a hard time'. I loved that.

o I bet u liked getting a hard time from him
post #25557 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

How were the 3 series cars from the mid 2000s? Like 07 era. I was pretty shocked to see that they sell for about the same as wrxs used...
 

 

230hp for the 330, 235 for dat zhp.  The 325 makes under 185 hp but it doesn't feel as slow as it should. They both handle great and have very few problems.  Like the e36 before it you need to check on the rear shock towers every now and then and it still has a waterpump that fails like clockwork at 65k miles. 

 

Oh and plan on replacing the plastic covering the headlights.  Expect to replace interior trim pieces.   The nav screen will make you chuckle because it resembles an old Fisher Price toy.   Some pixels from the radio will have surely burned out.  It's crap anyway.  Throw an Alpine in there and change the display to orange and you are good to go plus you will add bluetooth and can still use the steering wheel mounted controls .  

 

If the wheels it comes with are shitty then make those your winter wheels and throw some blizzacks on them.  Find zhp wheels from the forums and make those your everyday wheels

post #25558 of 26291
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

o I bet u liked getting a hard time from him

We got a room. Fenway is - well too conspicuous, especially with that Citgo sign.
post #25559 of 26291
Glad the #ramuvention went well. And we are all still at the table. smile.gif

So this new Bronco, looks darn good. How would it sway me from an FJ Cruiser?
Just so impressed with those.
post #25560 of 26291

came so so close to pulling the trigger on an 2006 FJ couple of years back... the manuals are compelling since full time 4wd. they don't offer them new in the US as of last year but i think there is probably some new stock floating around...

 

problem is the earlier years had some bugs -  much has been made of the 'fender bulge' but imo the real issue is that the earlier years (2006-2008 iirc) only supported premium gas. i'm holding out hope to pick up a low mileage 2010-11-12 in a year or two. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!