or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1628

post #24406 of 26350

I drive like everyone is trying to push me off the road.  I feel like I am correct about 60% of the time.  My drivers ed teacher also told me I was above average.  :D

post #24407 of 26350
I drive the family 'hoe since meh e46 died. The girth and height commandeth an obeisant-like condition of driving 'mongst other motorists. smile.gif
post #24408 of 26350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Looks like a a big Volkswagen CC.

Well, we already know your perception of size is tenuous at best tongue.gif.
post #24409 of 26350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

I'm charging next to a middle aged white couple in a Model X who obviously have no regard for their wheels - curbed into infinity before the temp tags are even off. As an outside observer, the GF is above average.

Thanks brah. I'm above average in many aspects, if you catch my drift let's just put 'er dat way.

😉
post #24410 of 26350
fistbump.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Thanks brah. I'm above average in many aspects, if you catch my drift let's just put 'er dat way.

😉
post #24411 of 26350

Drove to Newport RI to hit the beach with the lady friend today. Drive took us through all sorts of conditions and traffic. Didn't stall once. Until we were heading back and I stalled while reversing out of the parking spot lol.

Shifts are getting better too, except I over-revved the fuck out of the car once while shifting when I engaged neutral instead of the gear. This scared the crap out of the lady because she thought we were going to fly forward and resulted in my cracking up and getting smacked upside the head. 


All in all, it was a good day!

 

I'm definitely already wanting for more power though. The car is so freaking smooth on the highway doing about 80. It's honestly a LOT of fun to drive. I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot. I do wish the glass came up *just* a hair higher in the front but it's fine. There's a blower on craigslist for 1800. So freaking tempting...


Hilariously, I think this car is better able to get up my steep driveway without hitting. More so than my subaru. Short wheelbase maybe? Who knows...


I'm unsure if it's because of the 16 inch wheels that it has on it. I think stockers are 15. Not sure if that really makes a difference because the tires would have been swapped to compensate.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcman311 View Post
 

I drive like everyone is trying to push me off the road.  I feel like I am correct about 60% of the time.  My drivers ed teacher also told me I was above average.  :D

 

I drive like I'm still on a motorcycle, aka everyone's trying to kill me.

 

Except, I don't have the speed to my advantage.

post #24412 of 26350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Drove to Newport RI to hit the beach with the lady friend today.

You should have stopped in to see GF and check out dat BMW.
post #24413 of 26350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

Drove to Newport RI to hit the beach with the lady friend today. Drive took us through all sorts of conditions and traffic. Didn't stall once. Until we were heading back and I stalled while reversing out of the parking spot lol.

Shifts are getting better too, except I over-revved the fuck out of the car once while shifting when I engaged neutral instead of the gear. This scared the crap out of the lady because she thought we were going to fly forward and resulted in my cracking up and getting smacked upside the head. 


All in all, it was a good day!

Congrats!  Sounds like some very good progress on learning to drive stick.  It was a great day to be down in the Newport area.

 

Actually you should have planned the trip down for tomorrow, as there is a Porsche event at one of the Coffee shops/gourmet markets from 10 AM to 1 PM, and then you could have hit the beach.

 

Anyway, hope you are having lots of fun with the new ride!  Cheers!

post #24414 of 26350
I drive like i'm actually focused on driving. And enjoy it. Most othe people are in the way. Or an accident waiting to happen. So i better be awake, and out in front.
post #24415 of 26350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


You should have stopped in to see GF and check out dat BMW.

Next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post
 

Congrats!  Sounds like some very good progress on learning to drive stick.  It was a great day to be down in the Newport area.

 

Actually you should have planned the trip down for tomorrow, as there is a Porsche event at one of the Coffee shops/gourmet markets from 10 AM to 1 PM, and then you could have hit the beach.

 

Anyway, hope you are having lots of fun with the new ride!  Cheers!

Tomorrow is going to be a very intimate day. I'm going to really get to know my med school textbooks.
 

Womp.

post #24416 of 26350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


You should have stopped in to see GF and check out dat BMW.


Not just any BMW...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

'm definitely already wanting for more power though. The car is so freaking smooth on the highway doing about 80. It's honestly a LOT of fun to drive. I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot. I do wish the glass came up *just* a hair higher in the front but it's fine. There's a blower on craigslist for 1800. So freaking tempting...

 

Who else sees this going like his experience with a motorcycle?

post #24417 of 26350
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 


Not just any BMW...

 

 

Who else sees this going like his experience with a motorcycle?

 

This car was supposed to teach me to wrench and turbo miata's are definitely a thing with tons of write ups soooooo...

post #24418 of 26350
Dino- love to hear your thought on this model:

http://www.autotrader.ca/result/AdDetailInfo.aspx?srcID=19&frnID=9461672

For a summer topless ride, I don't think you can beat the $-to-performance on any other used sports car. A certain menacing Blade kinda vibe, esp in black, which could be kinda cheesy but also could be fun. Interior isn't anything to write home about..still one manual latch for the top...but..insane exhaust note...and the performance. 580hp/556 torque. This could blow the doors off basically any Porsche you'd have next to you at a light.

Thoughts?
post #24419 of 26350

You should look at the saturn sky red line edition for the most bang for the buck RWD convertible.

post #24420 of 26350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

Dino- love to hear your thought on this model:

http://www.autotrader.ca/result/AdDetailInfo.aspx?srcID=19&frnID=9461672

For a summer topless ride, I don't think you can beat the $-to-performance on any other used sports car. A certain menacing Blade kinda vibe, esp in black, which could be kinda cheesy but also could be fun. Interior isn't anything to write home about..still one manual latch for the top...but..insane exhaust note...and the performance. 580hp/556 torque. This could blow the doors off basically any Porsche you'd have next to you at a light.

Thoughts?

I really like the looks of the recent Camaros.  I like their looks far more than that of the current Corvettes.  Also for a retro inspired look, I think they did a better job with the exterior than many companies did when there were several retro inspired designs coming out years ago.  For someone looking for great bang for their buck, a pre-owned Camaro could be a great choice.  As a new car they are grossly overpriced and a terrible choice.  A friend of mine who is in the auto industry ordered a new one and had (what I believe was  a some sort of limited edition) Camaro coupe (that had that basic body style), lots of great options, and something between 500 and 600 hp.  His had around 4,200 miles when he was selling it and he couldn't give the thing away.  It took him more than a year to find a buyer, numerous price reductions, and he took a freakin bath on it.  

 

Personally, I like the looks of it more than anything else about it.  I'm not really a muscle car kind of guy, but I know they appeal to lots of guys.  I have a friend from the Netherlands who is used to small econoboxes and after moving to the States, for him driving any V6 or V8 is a great experience.   I'd rather have something much lighter, that carves up winding roads.  That Camaro weights almost 1,000 lbs more than a Porsche 981 Cayman and nearly 2000 lbs more than a Lotus Elise (although very rough build quality, highly impractical, and a bitch to get in and out of, an Elise is one of the most of fun to drive cars I've experienced).   I'm probably a bit older than you, and so the idea of someone with a much higher horsepower car wanting to race me or blowing past me just doesn't mean much to me.  I'm driving the cars that I want to drive...hopefully they are driving the cars they want to drive.  

 

I'm currently helping to organize a local group drive, and it will be around 15 cars.  We already have 10 signed up, probably the lowest horsepower car will be a mid engine car and have around 250, the highest a rear engine AWD 2015 991 Turbo S (has 560HP).  However the average vehicles on our drive will have somewhere between 300 and 400 hp and weigh 3000 to 3500 lbs.  I think our heaviest attendee is a 2015 BMW M4 Convertible.  We have done group drives before and the big thing is they all want a route with nice winding back roads, where they get to row through the gears on manuals, experience  what the engineers put into chassis development and braking, and enjoy the kind of roads that will put a smile on their faces.  On winding roads with a group of front engine cars, mid engine cars, and rear engine cars, and some having AWD, others having rear, or rear plus a ltd slip, everyone will have a blast and it won't matter if someone has the highest or lowest horsepower/torque.  Cheers! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!