or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1605

post #24061 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post


4,7sec 0-60? The 80's called they want their supercars back. A remapped G7r is below 4.

 

Yeah, but that GC8 has a ton of potential without too much money put in. You can build stupid crazy engines for those cars for a pittance compared to buying a 'supercar'. 

 

That and the fact that they'll actually go off road just fine.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Silver one looks like the best one from my purview. Relatively low miles too.
 
 
The fucker selling it is impossible to get a hold of... Haha.
post #24062 of 26361
National is great though last time Puddy hit on me which was...off-putting.
post #24063 of 26361


Traded in my old one for a new one. This is my fourth... an Xj6, Xj8, Xf, and now an XE. I don't drive that much, and my husband put the Kibosh on a '17 XJ. (haha)
I like the new ones... but I miss the old cigars. The new Jags are nothing like the old ones... many would rejoice, but I miss the smoothness, quirkiness, and sheer feel. I don't miss the repair bills, though.
post #24064 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post


Yeah, but that GC8 has a ton of potential without too much money put in. You can build stupid crazy engines for those cars for a pittance compared to buying a 'supercar'. 

That and the fact that they'll actually go off road just fine.


You can't go off road in an Impreza, it will bottom out immediately. You can rally it though, but the golf is haldex and can easily be converted to torson, so you do that in the golf as well.

You can add 100hp on the golf for aprox. $1000-1200, which is pretty damn cheap.


A friend of mine had an Evo8 as DD and he properly hate it from day one. He regretted selling his R32 the entire 4 months he had it.
post #24065 of 26361
Rach, awesome looking ride and you're no doubt styling quite well in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post



Traded in my old one for a new one. This is my fourth... an Xj6, Xj8, Xf, and now an XE. I don't drive that much, and my husband put the Kibosh on a '17 XJ. (haha)
I like the new ones... but I miss the old cigars. The new Jags are nothing like the old ones... many would rejoice, but I miss the smoothness, quirkiness, and sheer feel. I don't miss the repair bills, though.

Edited by Piobaire - 8/9/16 at 6:32pm
post #24066 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

You can't go off road in an Impreza, it will bottom out immediately. You can rally it though, but the golf is haldex and can easily be converted to torson, so you do that in the golf as well.

You can add 100hp on the golf for aprox. $1000-1200, which is pretty damn cheap.


A friend of mine had an Evo8 as DD and he properly hate it from day one. He regretted selling his R32 the entire 4 months he had it.

I had the original '02 WRX in HS. Stuck STI decals on the doors, then they offered the STI the next year- rendering my lil decals kinda poser lol. (No spoiler wing tho.) Never rallied but fun to boot around town...ya had to time the turbo spool for the perfect slingshot though. Since then I've been a fan solely of naturally aspirated, even if this might be nonsensical in the face of modern technology.
post #24067 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post


I had the original '02 WRX in HS. Stuck STI decals on the doors, then they offered the STI the next year- rendering my lil decals kinda poser lol. (No spoiler wing tho.) Never rallied but fun to boot around town...ya had to time the turbo spool for the perfect slingshot though. Since then I've been a fan solely of naturally aspirated, even if this might be nonsensical in the face of modern technology.

 

An 02 WRX sedan just popped up here locally. Kid blew the motor drifting in the snow and put a new one in and is selling the car for 7k with 50k on the new motor. 

post #24068 of 26361
RTC: if you don't end up with a miata after the Finnegans Wake-length story of your search that we've been made privy to here...your life may be in danger.
lol8[1].gif
post #24069 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

Yeahbaby!! Congrats.

Consensus says best M3 so far.

For the uninitiated:
http://jalopnik.com/2003-bmw-m3-convertible-the-jalopnik-review-1490462554

Did I miss the pix?

Sorry, I missed this.. though I'm like 99.9% sure you were still active when I picked up the M3. I bought it back in October and you and I had discussed the "M-clunk" noise it makes upon shifting.

Anyway, here are some pics from the FS thread I bought it from that the PO posted pics in:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=535719

Only difference between those pics and now is that the front lip is gone. It was destroyed by a clandestine ice rock in the snow.
post #24070 of 26361
Ah, right. Well it's new to me. (my brain resting in a small pond of bong water and malted hops as it does).

Looks durdeh. Ya got those rims most didn't come with too.

How does this sound?
Agency Power Header with Borla cat back
post #24071 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

RTC: if you don't end up with a miata after the Finnegans Wake-length story of your search that we've been made privy to here...your life may be in danger.
lol8[1].gif

 

Oh, I'd love a rex. I'd toyed with the idea of selling my car and getting one of those. But the thought of having a used car that old that I had to rely on a DD where it had a good chance of being beat on and getting boosted starts.... no thanks. I'd honestly rather get one of the old 6 cyl beemers that you can find for like 8-10k, sell my car and use the miata money to get one of those. Atleast the engines are solid.


But then the repair cost would sneak up. 


Atleast the way I'm doing things now, I really don't lose too much if the car is out of sorts for a little bit.

Then again:

 

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5724779343.html

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/5724705571.html

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/5673289517.html

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/5692404719.html

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/5716082308.html

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5693452285.html

 

Heck, some of those are even convertibles.


Also, I'm shocked that you can get a used BMW for cheaper than a used miata of the same vintage. Seriously. Mind blown.

post #24072 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post


Sorry, I missed this.. though I'm like 99.9% sure you were still active when I picked up the M3. I bought it back in October and you and I had discussed the "M-clunk" noise it makes upon shifting.

Anyway, here are some pics from the FS thread I bought it from that the PO posted pics in:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=535719

Only difference between those pics and now is that the front lip is gone. It was destroyed by a clandestine ice rock in the snow.

 

That car is gorgeous. What'd you end up getting it for if you don't mind my asking.

post #24073 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

Ah, right. Well it's new to me. (my brain resting in a small pond of bong water and malted hops as it does).

Looks durdeh. Ya got those rims most didn't come with too.

How does this sound?
Agency Power Header with Borla cat back

It sounds really good and a large reason why I jumped on this one so quickly. A lot of the E46 M3s can end up sounding like they are civics with fart can exhausts due to its raspy and tinny nature, but this setup eliminates that characteristic quite well. It sounds like a proper straight six to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

That car is gorgeous. What'd you end up getting it for if you don't mind my asking.

Thanks. Paid $17.5k.
post #24074 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc View Post



Traded in my old one for a new one. This is my fourth... an Xj6, Xj8, Xf, and now an XE. I don't drive that much, and my husband put the Kibosh on a '17 XJ. (haha)
I like the new ones... but I miss the old cigars. The new Jags are nothing like the old ones... many would rejoice, but I miss the smoothness, quirkiness, and sheer feel. I don't miss the repair bills, though.

 

 

I really like the looks of the new Jags - especially the XJ, so cheers.

post #24075 of 26361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

4,7sec 0-60? The 80's called they want their supercars back. A remapped G7r is below 4.
Those are "stock" figures wink.gif
Pretty darn good for a late 90's 4banger 4 door. straight out of the box
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

Yeah, but that GC8 has a ton of potential without too much money put in. You can build stupid crazy engines for those cars for a pittance compared to buying a "supercar".

Pittance? - as of now, i am in this car $4,500 ish.
It has the stronger 5spd gearbox, VF29 ball bearing turbo, custom Radiator, beefed up oil pump, ecu flashed by a HKS dealer, brakes are larger 2006 Legacy GT discs and calipers, stainless braided lines, Wako's race spec brake fluid. HKS belts, Blitz air filter, and a full respray. That's until now. . .

I have a HKS timing belt, new Water pump, sensors, and Wako's "Pro Stage S" Oil ready to go in with the next service, waiting on Denso Iridium Plugs, and Sard fuel pump.
It runs 98 octane only. -the dinosaur juice. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Next? Fujitsubo exhaust,(Used) Cusco Clutch (new),Decent Coilovers (used) Endless SSM Brake pads, and Dixcel slotted discs (new) -$2,000

Later? JUN cams and head components, bottom end rebuild, Tomei Arms Turbo,Sard injectors, Greddy E-manage Ultimate. - 450hp. $5,000.

Safe to say, that by the time i have 12k in this car? It will be giving "supercars" a hard time. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

You can't go off road in an Impreza, it will bottom out immediately. You can rally it though, but the golf is haldex and can easily be converted to torson, so you do that in the golf as well.

You can add 100hp on the golf for aprox. $1000-1200, which is pretty damn cheap.


A friend of mine had an Evo8 as DD and he properly hate it from day one. He regretted selling his R32 the entire 4 months he had it.

Golf's and Evo's? ? Lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!