or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1604

post #24046 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

It's Hertz. Wife and I are on vacation in CA and two of our activities are to drive the PCH and Napa Valley. Which require a proper convertible. wink.gif

Out of curiosity, what does a rental on a car like that run? Or do you have some sort of points/status?

My local hertz never has anything of note (not that I expect it to, unlike CA), but when I see even something like a mustang convertable listed, they want something crazy for it.
post #24047 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

It's Hertz. Wife and I are on vacation in CA and two of our activities are to drive the PCH and Napa Valley. Which require a proper convertible. wink.gif

Parts of PCH make you forget you're on Earth. Incidentally, my first time on PCH was with my parents in a Hertz rental (a Malibu rental with my dad driving chasing a 550 Maranello). Enjoy your time here.
post #24048 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

It's Hertz. Wife and I are on vacation in CA and two of our activities are to drive the PCH and Napa Valley. Which require a proper convertible. wink.gif

cost? I've got a wedding in the SF area this time next year

post #24049 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Out of curiosity, what does a rental on a car like that run? Or do you have some sort of points/status?

My local hertz never has anything of note (not that I expect it to, unlike CA), but when I see even something like a mustang convertable listed, they want something crazy for it.

+1

I travel a lot for work and most airport car rentals never have anything nice other than the occasional mustang or camaro. The only exception I can think of was LAX. Those car rentals there had some pretty nice cars: Porsches, M-BMW's. AMG Mercedes.
post #24050 of 26984
I'd also add Avis as an option. When I had a company car in Atlanta, they always had an X5, or the like waiting for very reasonable rates (and for regular customers, it wouldn't have cost much more).

I've generally had good experiences with rental car companies. Just be nice to them, pick the correct location, and don't let them shuffle you around. It also helps if you're a member of something like AAA.
post #24051 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

You know what does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, quarter mile in 12.8 seconds, carries your toolbox, and a baby seat, has trunk space, an audio system, power windows, real carpet on the floors, and actual build quality?

-A "Supercar".
Why half ass it? Buy a Gc8 Impreza Sti.

How about 4.6 seconds and seats seven?

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/gls63.php?lang=eng
post #24052 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

How about 4.6 seconds and seats seven?

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/gls63.php?lang=eng

Theres always 0-60 in 3.2 and will be delivered when your grandchildren are born option: https://www.tesla.com/modelx
post #24053 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

+1

I travel a lot for work and most airport car rentals never have anything nice other than the occasional mustang or camaro. The only exception I can think of was LAX. Those car rentals there had some pretty nice cars: Porsches, M-BMW's. AMG Mercedes.

They have to do something for the PoS airport. CDG and LGA are likely the only crummier airports in the world.
post #24054 of 26984
The luxury rentals were discussed awhile ago. Hertz etc. has sub sites with only high end car ie Mclaren, amg, Porsche.


http://www.hertzsupercars.com



AVIS UK has some nice cars.

http://www.avisprestige.com
Edited by Find Finn - 8/9/16 at 1:52pm
post #24055 of 26984
It's about a grand for 3 days. It may end up to be 1200 because of mileage overages - they only give you 75 miles a day.

This is with the rather huge caveat that their prices are all over the place and they can give pretty big discretionary discounts to 5-stars and/or people who want to upgrade at the point of pickup to move a car for whatever reason.

I've been offered a Mercedes E-class for $10 a day more than a Malibu, and a Corvette for the same price as a Mustang. Other times they won't negotiate at all and you pay full retail. For this one I'm paying more like the retail price for a Boxster (maybe their manager doesn't know the difference between Porsches hehehe)

A couple of tips I've learned - the airports are the most willing to comp or discount upgrades, and they typically have the "dream cars". And before you book anything with Hertz, do a google search for "hertz discount codes" as there are always some floating around
post #24056 of 26984
post #24057 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

And before you book anything with Hertz, do a google search for "hertz discount codes" as there are always some floating around

+1 to that.

Although I am considering buying a costco membership, because they get some great rates on rental cars (but they don't do Hertz...and hertz is my preferrec company). Unfortunately, both my GF and I have been busted for trying to use someone else's costco account...so they appear to be cracking down and I'll have to get my own account.

In addition to often better prices, they give you additional drivers for free which can be a big savings depending on the company and duration. Between that and the discount, I think I saved $300 over the best I could get from Hertz the second to last time I used it (before I got called out on not having the card).
post #24058 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

+1 to that.

Although I am considering buying a costco membership, because they get some great rates on rental cars (but they don't do Hertz...and hertz is my preferrec company). Unfortunately, both my GF and I have been busted for trying to use someone else's costco account...so they appear to be cracking down and I'll have to get my own account.

A Costco membership is a gift that keeps on giving - get your own and you won't look back. Anything on fatwallet, etc. is a great idea as well.
post #24059 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

How about 4.6 seconds and seats seven?

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/gls63.php?lang=eng

That's Badass.
post #24060 of 26984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

You know what does 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, quarter mile in 12.8 seconds, carries your toolbox, and a baby seat, has trunk space, an audio system, power windows, real carpet on the floors, and actual build quality?

-A "Supercar".
Why half ass it? Buy a Gc8 Impreza Sti.

4,7sec 0-60? The 80's called they want their supercars back. A remapped G7r is below 4.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!