or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1598

post #23956 of 26304
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

$10 says those guys all get assault arrests because the guy was dumb enough to film it and then post it on youtube.

Guys seems like a douche, but I certainly wouldn't be throwing punches at some dude who is that crazy.


Any surprise that this appears to be FL?


There's a ton of biker/car road rage videos out there. I always think people throwing head punches at a guy in a helmet are stupid. Gut shots, sweep a knee, something that's going to have an impact.
post #23957 of 26304
"Sweep the leg"? Absolutely.
post #23958 of 26304
@rtc How is the search going? No updates for a minute. Got a winner?



I have been toying around with the idea of a new cheap daily. To ground up build the Subie.

Might go VIP /Drift. For something different. sarcasm.gif
post #23959 of 26304
I'll just leave this here:
 

 

 

Went for a ride in this monstrosity today. 700+ hp supercharged Z28. Met and made friends with the owner.

post #23960 of 26304

So, since that needs to go in a post by itself...

 

I looked at two miata's today, one was a 94 M edition that was incredibly well taken care of and tastefully modified and repainted. No rust. The owner also owns the behemoth posted above. He's been toying with selling the car and I convinced him to keep it. And sold him my motorcycle suspension while I was at it. 


I've realized that I like the ride of the NA miata far more than the NB. It just feels much more raw. I, however, don't like the fact that the airbags are non-functional in almost all of them or will be shortly and there's no way to fix it. So I think I've been convinced to live with the NB.

 

Then I went and saw this car:

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5715348515.html

 

I honestly love the car, but someone had offered him 4k for it a couple of hours right before I got there. I was going to offer him 3.8k and he would have taken it in the morning lol. I like the color a lot and the wheels and the fact that it has a limited slip diff. But it's 146k miles. The car's been autocrossed a bit and is higher miles than the one I saw the other day though I do like the trim etc more. I can beat the offer of 4k and put down 4100 or 4200 but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

 

I prefer the black car above, but I can get this one for 3800 or 4k. It's lower miles. Has been well taken care of and the top is in much better shape.

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5706916367.html

 

So I guess I'm looking for input. Does the work done on the black miata warrant additional cash in spite of the mods? It's on coilovers, has a lightweight flywheel pulley, etc etc etc.

I just sold 500 bucks of motorcycle parts today so I have a bit more of a buffer now. Autocrossing a car sounds like a fucking hoot as well, so it'd be kind of awesome if a car came with everything needed for that (roll bar etc). I'd have to add a roll bar no matter what to a car since I'd feel far safer with one.


What are your thoughts ye great denizens of SF?

Oh the MR2 is still in the running as well, but that's a min of 4200 probably more like 4500. And I feel like it'd be more expensive/harder to work on.

 

Kinda unsure about which way I'll go, but I think that's what it's down to. The wheels and color on the black one are far more interesting to me, but wheels are pretty easy to swap out and 50k miles is a helluva difference for a car that won't be driver year round.The 01's came with VVT as well. Is that worth a premium? I guess the black 01 is more 'worn in' but definitely comes with its share of stuff.


Edited by ridethecliche - 8/7/16 at 8:29pm
post #23961 of 26304
Tough call. My thoughts on it are:

Built and fresh is good, built and tired less so.
I never like buying something someone else has modded, not sure if it's a lack of trust in other peoples skills/taste, or that it was tailored to fit another. Like a thrifted MTM Suit. Damned nice, slightly worn in, but just fits someone else better.

When you convert the miles to Kilometers? Crazy difference in engine life.

I would go the cheaper, stocker one. It's in good shape, has the better steering wheel. And, over time.
It will fit YOU. It doesn't take much to setup a Miata.

I don't think the parts list Justifies the mileage and "wear and tear".

But if you kop the cheaper one? Please burn those ugly as Fck wheels. smile.gif
post #23962 of 26304

Is it wrong of me to email every CL ad that he posts and feign interest to give him a weaker bargaining position?

post #23963 of 26304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post

Tough call. My thoughts on it are:

Built and fresh is good, built and tired less so.
I never like buying something someone else has modded, not sure if it's a lack of trust in other peoples skills/taste, or that it was tailored to fit another. Like a thrifted MTM Suit. Damned nice, slightly worn in, but just fits someone else better.

When you convert the miles to Kilometers? Crazy difference in engine life.

I would go the cheaper, stocker one. It's in good shape, has the better steering wheel. And, over time.
It will fit YOU. It doesn't take much to setup a Miata.

I don't think the parts list Justifies the mileage and "wear and tear".

But if you kop the cheaper one? Please burn those ugly as Fck wheels. smile.gif

 

 

Fair enough lol. And yeah, I was planning on selling those wheels if I got the car and getting something else.

Would the presence of the Torsen LSD sway you to the higher miles car? I guess I can always source one later and install it slash have it installed.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 

Is it wrong of me to email every CL ad that he posts and feign interest to give him a weaker bargaining position?

 

You devious bastard! I've basically made my decision at this point!

Hahahhaha.

post #23964 of 26304
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

You devious bastard! I've basically made my decision at this point!

Hahahhaha.

 

At this point, the only thing keeping this thread alive is your endless search and GF's endless wait for his car back.  I need something to pass the time at work.

post #23965 of 26304
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 

 

At this point, the only thing keeping this thread alive is your endless search and GF's endless wait for his car back.  I need something to pass the time at work.

 

DO SOMETHING USEFUL DAMMIT!

post #23966 of 26304
Last one to get his car back gets taint punched
post #23967 of 26304
Tesla comped me the $10k ludicrous mode option. I never really even had a complaint to begin with and had already ordered it. 2 more weeks smile.gif.

With the way this thread is going:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Last one to get his car back gets taint punched
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

...
I've basically made my decision at this point!
Hahahhaha.

45 more pages of what car to get while becoming a doctor?
post #23968 of 26304
.
post #23969 of 26304
Chris Bangle is now designing giant benches in Italy.
http://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-36965594
post #23970 of 26304
I'm picking up my car today. I think I'm as excited about getting back into it as I was when I first bought it.

To the point where I've been dreaming about picking my car up the entire weekend, srs.

I actually had a nightmare doe last night that they tried to pull a fast one on me by swapping my wheels with some shitty fake ones. Put me to condition of great stress 😫


Edited by GreenFrog - 8/8/16 at 6:38am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!