or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1577

post #23641 of 26282
Remember my suggestion with that car wink.gif
post #23642 of 26282

Interesting to see that BMW has reduced their warranty and included maintenance plan from 4 years 50,000 miles to 3 years 36,000 miles on 2017 models.  

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Explore/BMWValue/BMWMaintenance/ultimatecare.aspx

post #23643 of 26282
It's because 4 years is the actual failure point. Last two BMW's I bought new had everything that would fail, fail in year 4. It was convenient for me at the time
post #23644 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

It's because 4 years is the actual failure point. Last two BMW's I bought new had everything that would fail, fail in year 4. It was convenient for me at the time

Wow, that's disappointing.  Mrs. Dino was thinking about getting a new BMW maybe after the new year.    

post #23645 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Wow, that's disappointing.  Mrs. Dino was thinking about getting a new BMW maybe after the new year.    

2 or 3 year lease FTW it seems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

That's worse than MB and Porsche. Does BMW at least still do the free maintenance for the first 4 years?

Nope

I'd never get a BMW out of warranty unless some classic was tugging at my leg like a loyal puppy.
post #23646 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino944 View Post

Interesting to see that BMW has reduced their warranty and included maintenance plan from 4 years 50,000 miles to 3 years 36,000 miles on 2017 models.  
http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Explore/BMWValue/BMWMaintenance/ultimatecare.aspx

That's worse than MB and Porsche. Does BMW at least still do the free maintenance for the first 4 years?
post #23647 of 26282

I'll add to this, when I was in an accident with my Volkswagen, it needed a new hood and front bumper.  The whole thing took less than a week.  They called me every day to give me a status update.  I did go to USAA's preferred shop though.

post #23648 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

I'll add to this, when I was in an accident with my Volkswagen, it needed a new hood and front bumper.  The whole thing took less than a week.  They called me every day to give me a status update.  I did go to USAA's preferred shop though.

+1, USAA is a great insurance company. I have State Farm and maintaining a cordial relationship with your agent helps quite a bit. I've usually trusted the recommendation of the insurance company or the dealership.

In GF's case, his mechanic could have a huge incentive to recommend this body shop for reasons a, b, or c.
post #23649 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1445 View Post

Man, we start talking about "junk" cars and this thread got a hell of a lot more entertaining

Right? Realistically, I'm going to be on a budget for at least the next few years and well into residency, probably even post residency. I don't see cars as a status symbol, though I like nice toys and things.

It's so much more about the experience and it's so cool that this thread has taken this turn recently. I've been digging it too.
post #23650 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post


+1, USAA is a great insurance company. I have State Farm and maintaining a cordial relationship with your agent helps quite a bit. I've usually trusted the recommendation of the insurance company or the dealership.

In GF's case, his mechanic could have a huge incentive to recommend this body shop for reasons a, b, or c.


Completely agree on all counts.  I get people trying to sell me on insurance agency x all the time, but I have only had positive experiences with USAA.  The best thing for me, personally, is anytime I call the phone tree gets me to the right person, and the person doesn't need to validate any of the information or why I'm calling (they only ask for my safe word password).  Also the rates are phenomenal.

post #23651 of 26282
I wish I could get usaa. Heard only great things, but it's its limited to military families and relatives right?
post #23652 of 26282

When my wife hit a pole, we took it to the shop BMW recommended which actually was part of a Cadillac dealership.  It only added a day when they had to order an extra piece that was not part of the original estimate.

 

The worst service on a car that I have had was with SafeLite Autoglass.  Have had employees leave power tools in the engine bay, fail to rehook up some pieces they detached, and recently on my wife's car put the windshield on without a critical piece so when you pushed on the windshield it clearly moved.

post #23653 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I wish I could get usaa. Heard only great things, but it's its limited to military families and relatives right?


Correct.  I believe if you're family with someone who is a member too.  As an example, I believe my in-laws could become members if they wanted.

post #23654 of 26282
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post


2 or 3 year lease FTW it seems.
Nope

I'd never get a BMW out of warranty unless some classic was tugging at my leg like a loyal puppy.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll have to chat with Mrs. Dino and see what else she wants to consider. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post


That's worse than MB and Porsche. Does BMW at least still do the free maintenance for the first 4 years?

No, its no longer 4 years.  If you look at the link I posted the reduction to 3 years/36,000 miles applies to the free maintenance and the warranty.  

post #23655 of 26282
It's only the maintenance that is reduced to 3yr/36k. Bumper to bumper warranty is still 4yr/50k. Though they did make the maintenance program shittier by making it non-transferable, and I believe they no longer include brakes anymore.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!