Just saw the miata.
The car's in pretty good condition, with a tiny rust spot on the wheel well. I'd obviously have someone check the car out, but the owner took me for a drive and it sounded good and there was no stuttering etc when he shifted.
2 issues, other than the spot of rust:
1) The top isn't in great shape. They say it doesn't leak, but it has a couple of small holes so it's more like a question of when will it leak.
2) The car doesn't have AC, which honestly wasn't that big of a deal during the drive today and it's the hottest it gets here in the summer.
2a) The car is black.
1) 97, so it's got the engine I want.
2) Guy seems to know cars and has owned a few. Said he had receipts for oil changes and timing belt etc. That's huge.
3) Coilovers (supposedly?) and Al hood.
4) It's got aftermarket wheels and tires on the rear still had decent tread left.
5) They're cool with letting me have someone look it over and have a friend drive it.
6) They'd throw in 500ish on top of my bike. I think the number should be a bit higher (haven't priced out a miata), but I can also hold onto a few accessories from my bike that I know will sell for a decent amount. I also still have a bunch of stock parts that I'd get atleast 500 for. I'd consider 500+ a used top.
Edited by ridethecliche - 7/15/16 at 3:41pm
Thoughts? I'll post some pictures soon.